Face it, you'll be back next year

Doohickie

I want consistent, reliable service. I think it is a total scam on the public that we pay a premium to watch TV signals in HD when it is a law that all signals be HD by next Feb.

Not all signals will be HD, they'll be digital. Those of us with either DirecTV or digital cable already receive digital, but HDTV is different than DTV.

The switch is only relevant to people who use rabbit ears to receive over-the-air signal to watch TV. Cable and satellite customers will not see a difference.

I've been coming back for more of the same since High school and the 75 team lost the SCF to Bernie Parent, no matter what anyone says he was the difference that kept us from our first cup... No one but God saves more than Bernie Parent after that season in next year or 2 he took a puck to the face mask/eye and he was never the same as good again. May have even raised the one eye over the other supporting the Dwight Drane Hypothesis :rolleyes: .. Sorry Double D couldn't resist. :)

That's Ok.

I may have some supporting info. I don't get the magazine, but in the April 1st issue of The Hockey News, in the section Inside The Numbers, they breakdown goals let in by goaltenders.

Miller let in the most goals over 35 feet, with 34 goals against. The next closest goalie let in 26. That is a pretty big difference.

Miller was also the worst in the 25-35' category, the worst in wrist shots and the worst in slapshots.

If anyone has a subscription or a link that would be great. Just posting what was said somewhere else.

Damn skippy. And for the record I am blaming this season on our lack of throwback jerseys. At least thats what I am hoping for.

Jerseys are back next year, yeah!

and so will I be. many hopes have I.

I'll have to scale back my posting, as I'm getting into exam time. For the record, it's been fun hangin' with you guys. :blush:

I'm in for life (unless they leave Buffalo, in which case I'm done), but if they don't re-sign Miller and Pominville before the regular season starts, I'm writing off this ownership group. I'm willing to give them a shot at redemption, but if they fail on those 2 guys, it will mean that they are either not committed to winning, or just totally incompetent. It will also mean that next season will be at least as bad as this year was.

If that happens, I will scale way back on the number of games I watch, the amount of sabres stuff I buy, the amount of hockey info I read, and the amount of time I spend here.

However, I am cautiously optimistic that they are going to sign both of those guys and make a couple of other decent moves (but probably nothing spectacular) that will end up getting me reasonably psyched for next year.

Go Sabres.

Archived