What player/coach/front office staff do you want off the team next season

LabattBlue

Who do YOU want gone?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who should go?(vote for as many as you want)

• Peters
    • Kotalik
    • Max
    • Connolly
    • Kalinin
    • Tbo
    • Lydman(I know some will be pissed if I don't include him)
    • Ryan
    • Paetsch
    • Mair
    • Lindy
    • Patrick/McCutcheon/Corsi
    • Regier
    • Quinn

For the record, I voted the following off the island...

Max

Kotalik

Peters

Kalinin

Tbo

The asst. coaches

Quinn

At first I wasn't going to vote for DR along with LQ, but I'm thinking he has been ruined by LQs tactics and we need a fresh start with a new GM. Others I picked, Peters, Kalinin, Tbo and ass coaches.

For the record, I voted the following off the island...

Max

Kotalik

Peters

Kalinin

Tbo

The asst. coaches

Quinn

I had Connolly out, asst coaches in. As a matter of principal because i hate when head coaches use their assistants as scape goats.

Connolly, because I don't think he has ever been as good as legend has him and because as long as he is here, his replacement won't be.

I lined up my usual suspects.

Connolly, Peters, Kalinin

I'd keep Max, Kotalik and yes TBO. The difference is I'd play TBO. I look at the Conklin experiment and conclude we never gave the guy a chance to really show us what he could do. Getting a spot start isn't enough to keep your skills honed.

Was I the only one who didn't know T-bo had to be shut down last year for hip surgery? Is it possible that he has lost a step or two and just can't do it anymore, at least for more than a game or two every month or so?

Either way, I voted T-Bo, Connolly, Max and Kalinin. Backup goalie is an absolute need at this point. If Miller goes down for more than a week, does anyone feel confident about T-Bo stepping in and carrying the team?

At first I wasn't going to vote for DR along with LQ, but I'm thinking he has been ruined by LQs tactics and we need a fresh start with a new GM. Others I picked, Peters, Kalinin, Tbo and ass coaches.

I listened to a little WGR on the way home tonight, and they talked about not changing much, both on AND off the ice. Basically, they argued the chemistry is close on the ice, and credited DR and LQ for putting this together. I agree that a good portion of the player base was there, but we have seen a good core walk. Are we better with Sekera than Campbell? Did we replace Drury in the line-up? Did we replace Briere? I know we have added Spacek and Bernier, but those losses/gains of personnel do not result in a wash. All in all, I think the players could improve with a key addition on D and some grit on O.

However, where have we been led to believe that LQ or DR will pull the trigger to get a deal done? I think they have mismanaged contract negotiations and they need to be held accountable. If Miller gets away next year, I am ready to coup d'etat! Anyone with me?

Easy peasy, here goes....

Peters (shall we dance, enough of that give me Jarkuu Ruttuu)

Max (needs change of scenery, WNY woman not like russian pig whores cannot unwind, relax and play smart)

Kalinin (whats's this american passion you speak of?)

TBO (Nope knew nothing about the hip obviously either did Quinn(see quinn below),,,, Pens knew.... )

Ryan (looking for Private.... didn't show up enough given his chance in big show get steady vet we all know we need)

Paestch(other kids look good(sekera, weber) need another veteran steady top 4 type, good trade material with max)

special teams Coaches (PP sucked, defensive zone breakdowns, Miller regressed, your all outta here)

Quinn (ya all know why....)

Your all fired, your outta here!!!

Bring Cunney up- he earned it- he deserves it- start rewarding your loyal staff,and get those couple other vets we need to instill some grit, leadership and pride...

I'll tell you what... I'd be unhappy if darcy or lindy are made the fall guys. Here's what I'd like to happen:

the front office gets reorganized. Larry can stay and handle the business end. He would have nothing to do with the hockey dept. Darcy gets promoted to vp of hockey operations or whatever title you want to throw out there. Lindy stays, gets a bigger budget for coaching staff, and he cans his craptastic current assistant coaching staff

I listened to a little WGR on the way home tonight, and they talked about not changing much, both on AND off the ice. Basically, they argued the chemistry is close on the ice, and credited DR and LQ for putting this together. I agree that a good portion of the player base was there, but we have seen a good core walk. Are we better with Sekera than Campbell? Did we replace Drury in the line-up? Did we replace Briere? I know we have added Spacek and Bernier, but those losses/gains of personnel do not result in a wash. All in all, I think the players could improve with a key addition on D and some grit on O.

However, where have we been led to believe that LQ or DR will pull the trigger to get a deal done? I think they have mismanaged contract negotiations and they need to be held accountable. If Miller gets away next year, I am ready to coup d'etat! Anyone with me?

You must have got a differnt version of that show than I heard.

Paestch(other kids look good(sekera, weber) need another veteran steady top 4 type, good trade material with max)

What team would want to trade for a 7th defenseman who isn't really good at anything? There must be 50 of these guys available right now let alone at the start of FA.

I'd keep Max, Kotalik and yes TBO. The difference is I'd play TBO. I look at the Conklin experiment and conclude we never gave the guy a chance to really show us what he could do. Getting a spot start isn't enough to keep your skills honed.

I'm not trying to piss you off, but dude put the crack pipe down once and for all with Tbo. I think after 585 NHL starts during the regular season and 18 more during the playoffs, that's more than enough time to keep one's skills honed. His record is W-237 L-238 during the regular season. Although, he really turns it on in the playoffs where he is 4-11. He has been around 13 years and with a hip problem to boot, he is toast. I don't know what posessed the Sabres to bring him here in the first place. Maybe waiting until the last minute had something to do with it and he was just table scraps.

Conklin on the other hand, who they could have kept on the cheap, has 109 career starts and is 48-32 (he obviously got pulled or injured quite a bit). He's not much younger, but obviously somewhat better. Tbo should be the one driving the pink slip bus out of Buffalo.

P.s. If you are Jocelyn, I am sorry. No, I take that back, if you are Jocelyn, you suck.

Maybe. ;)

I voted Peters, Dimitri, and T-bo.

Well if you had posted that before my question I wouldn't have had to ask, now would I? ;)

Was I the only one who didn't know T-bo had to be shut down last year for hip surgery? Is it possible that he has lost a step or two and just can't do it anymore, at least for more than a game or two every month or so?

Either way, I voted T-Bo, Connolly, Max and Kalinin. Backup goalie is an absolute need at this point. If Miller goes down for more than a week, does anyone feel confident about T-Bo stepping in and carrying the team?

It seemed Tbo never really recovered from his hip surgery. I thought it was a good signing at the time but it didn't take long to see that he's no longer an NHL goalie.

Being a Vancouver fan, I've been high on Auldie for a few years. It would be awesome to see him in Bflo.

What team would want to trade for a 7th defenseman who isn't really good at anything? There must be 50 of these guys available right now let alone at the start of FA.

A good saleman sells hype and potential not saying we have one just saying it can be done with the right person doing the trading...

A good saleman sells hype and potential not saying we have one just saying it can be done with the right person doing the trading...

Perhaps. We all know there are may boneheaded GM's out there. I just feel Paetsch is a good fit in Buffalo as the 7th D man.

Archived