GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Claude Balls

After his performance in last night's game day thread, I'm afraid to see what Millbank's prediction is.

Millbank could have retired and walked away at the top of his game after the other night. Unreal. I try not to lose all hope, but after two periods I was making my way toward the ledge...

Millbank could have retired and walked away at the top of his game after the other night. Unreal. I try not to lose all hope, but after two periods I was making my way toward the ledge...

I too was at the ledge after 2... But for some strange reason I checked back with 3 left! I score (I know I am a geek) every game and I nicknamed the last TBL game: "Booya!" This one, I did the same honors and recorded the final W-L in the same way I did the other TBL (Booya) game EARLY... And even naming it "Booya II: "Back at you"... Catchy aye?... IMO, I thought TBL would turn the tables on BFLO... I did have a strange feeling though! Really!

There is a lot of scribbling on my score sheet for those games!!! :D :D

Now for the serious part... You do get the vibes about this TBL team though that they will implode... Just watch the way they play, they are a train-wreck in the making! Not taking anything away from Mill's call... But, if you watch the way they play... There are subtle foreshadowings!

WTF was Ramo thinking on TV's winner? He pooched the angle really bad by going to the middle on that!

NHL Preview

The gods seem like they have decided to smile in us. Teppo's back, Boston lost, and Sundin and Antropov are both not likely to play tonight.

The Sabres playoff hopes are back within their control. Hopefully it stays that way with a fourth straight win...

Go Sabres!!!

That Leaf team is always a feisty bunch, but I like the home team in blue.

Buffalo 4-1

Go see Mats.

Why don't you just go see Marty and then put a bullet in his head? Do the same for Momma, would you please?

WTF was Ramo thinking on TV's winner? He pooched the angle really bad by going to the middle on that!

If you watch the replay from the corner on that goal, the TBL defenseman (55) made contact with Ramo while chasing Roy through the slot. I think that's what took Ramo out of it.

Why don't you just go see Marty and then put a bullet in his head? Do the same for Momma, would you please?

If you watch the replay from the corner on that goal, the TBL defenseman (55) made contact with Ramo while chasing Roy through the slot. I think that's what took Ramo out of it.

I tried to slow it down... You are right... What a shot that got in!

I will likely got out to my barn or stables tonight and look in on the cows and horses, every once in awhile lurking to see how the game is going. :blush:

That is exactly what I do... Except it is changing the oil in the Jeep ore something... Oh, wait that was just done... I will find something to knock around! I would like to say I would be sleeping (being on midnights)... But, that is just unlikely!

We think alike!

:D :D

I really hate to have to do this but with the way the season has been with 3 point games, I'm kind of worried about Rangers and Philly. Rags have been on a hot streak lately and Philly has been lucky at best. Hopefully the Rags can keep it up and stick it too them.

I'd like to see another 6 or 7 goal game, but I'll start small and they can prove me wrong.

Sabres 4-2

Win and we're in (for tonight at least), lose and its all over.

It would be a big kick in the nuts to lose to Toronto at home, but there is no way the season is over if they lose tonight.

Worst case scenario...Philly wins, Buffalo loses, the Sabres are 3 points out and each team has 7 games to go.

Not quite as bad...Philly loses in regulation or OT, Buffalo loses, the Sabres are 1 or 2 points out and each team has 7 games to go.

What HOPEFULLY will happen...Philly loses in regulation, Buffalo WINS, the Sabres are in 8th place by 1 point and each team has 7 games to go.

What HOPEFULLY will happen...Philly loses in regulation, Buffalo WINS, the Sabres are in 8th place by 1 point and each team has 7 games to go.

That's a scenario I like.. Be nice to have a few teams chasing us versus us chasing them...

A huge game tonite obviously... seems like we have Toronto's number this year... need to keep up the momentum and remember the work ethic and heart they need to play with in order to get the W's..... this team is so up and down I honestly have no idea how they respond and play tonite. There is really no excuse for coming out flat.... which if they do thats the only way I see them losing this game.

On another note...for those of you who question my despise of that $hithole city of $hittsburgh...here is yet another reaon... my father in law on phone talking to my wife last nite tells her to tell me that the $hitt panthers have a better shot of winning the NCAA than the sabres do of wininng the cup.... just to get me going.... its that kind of attitude that pi$$es me off..... I hope to god the pens dont go anywhere in the playoffs...those inbreds dont deserve another championship..... they deserve pall malls, "ARN" city, and paper thin mustaches paired with a greasy mullet. F-em!

I'd like to see another 6 or 7 goal game, but I'll start small and they can prove me wrong.

I'd like to see two teams score 6 or 7: us and the Rags. Puts us in and tears the Flyers' hearts out.

I'm not greedy, though. I just hope we win and the Flyers lose, preferably in regulation.

We beat the Leafs when they should have been even more desperate than we were. Now, they are done and we damn well better still be desperate. Score early and score often!

On another note...for those of you who question my despise of that $hithole city of $hittsburgh...here is yet another reaon... my father in law on phone talking to my wife last nite tells her to tell me that the $hitt panthers have a better shot of winning the NCAA than the sabres do of wininng the cup.... just to get me going.... its that kind of attitude that pi$$es me off..... I hope to god the pens dont go anywhere in the playoffs...those inbreds dont deserve another championship..... they deserve pall malls, "ARN" city, and paper thin mustaches paired with a greasy mullet. F-em!

Oh, my. Better get the dart gun.

:lol: I'm glad we didn't lose you in the crash Sabretooth73.

Granted I hate the Pens as I am a Sabres Loyalist to the Death. The Pitt Panthers do have a pretty good chance of making a deep run this year in the tourney. They have been shooting really well and they have a knack for getting rebounds. Coming off a strong Big East Championship run they are poised to make another. But they will need to get by #5 seed Michigan State first. Now if you'll excuse me I must go trim my paper thin mustache before I run out to get my mullet shaped up. I have a hot date with my cousin/girlfriend tonight. We are gonna go chug some arns and hotbox a pack of "pall malls" Dahntan! As you were!

That's a scenario I like.. Be nice to have a few teams chasing us versus us chasing them...

The problem with our boys is that when they have finally put themselves in the playoff position, they have had their play drop off and are passed again. Let's hope that trend does not continue if we do get in the dance position.

Think what you will about me... but I am a die hard Buffalo/WNY sports fan..... I live and die with the Bills and Sabres...it affects my entire mood.... I take losses real hard but the sad thing is I cant even really enjoy the wins as much as I should bc as a Buffalo fan even after a win I am expecting a letdown or something negative to happen.

I just compare the 2 cities of Buffalo and $hittsburgh and see some similarities.... size, blue collar, etc..... but since my in laws are from there I hear a lot of smack talk and it seems like whenever a WNY team goes up agsainst a $hittsburgh team, we lose..... Bills lose in 04 at HOME vs 4th stringers, UB almost beats #4 ranked $hitt in hoops 2 yrs ago.... sabres historically play terrible there....the playoffs in I think 00 or 01 in game 6 when the puck magically lands on marios stick in front of the net.... even when BIlls were makin super bowls they got crushed 2 straight yrs at $hittsburgh on MNF..... WTF! I NEVER SEEM TO HAVE BRAGGING RIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If a Buffalo team is out of it I still consider the season to be OK when the $hitt teams are knocked out.....

I would just love the sabres to make playoffs this year and get hot...which i think they can do.... but knowing its Buffalo, I doubt it...we are always waiting for the bottom to fall out.

Think what you will about me... but I am a die hard Buffalo/WNY sports fan..... I live and die with the Bills and Sabres...it affects my entire mood.... I take losses real hard but the sad thing is I cant even really enjoy the wins as much as I should bc as a Buffalo fan even after a win I am expecting a letdown or something negative to happen.

I just compare the 2 cities of Buffalo and $hittsburgh and see some similarities.... size, blue collar, etc..... but since my in laws are from there I hear a lot of smack talk and it seems like whenever a WNY team goes up agsainst a $hittsburgh team, we lose..... Bills lose in 04 at HOME vs 4th stringers, UB almost beats #4 ranked $hitt in hoops 2 yrs ago.... sabres historically play terrible there....the playoffs in I think 00 or 01 in game 6 when the puck magically lands on marios stick in front of the net.... even when BIlls were makin super bowls they got crushed 2 straight yrs at $hittsburgh on MNF..... WTF! I NEVER SEEM TO HAVE BRAGGING RIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If a Buffalo team is out of it I still consider the season to be OK when the $hitt teams are knocked out.....

I would just love the sabres to make playoffs this year and get hot...which i think they can do.... but knowing its Buffalo, I doubt it...we are always waiting for the bottom to fall out.

Haha these rants never get old. Even think about setting up a Pittsburgh hate blog? Could get interesting...

At first I thought about it... but I know some of you dont enjoy my venting and "rants" so I try to keep it to as much of a minimum as possible.

The steelers/pens/pirates/pitt=all make me sick!

Im all about Bills/Sabres/UB/Niagara/Canisius/St Bona/and Cleveland Indians for baseball since no MLB team but Cleveland is very similar to Buffalo in tems of sports teams and championships.

Archived