GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Claude Balls

No prob. The Sabres will roar back. Eventually. We might have to wait until the third but I hope not. Hopefully Lindy busts a vein-vein-vein in his forehead, chewing them a new one and they will, once again, show us why WE BELIEVE even when we shouldn't.

sorry, i was in the middle of typing when my sister called. I can't multitask. Anyhow, i was commenting on the soft goals (especially the second one) that miller let in. and as i type, the leafs score again. 3-1 poop.

Soft goals, the most overused term on this board.

Eg: Blake was left alone with the puck...just blame the goalie.

we just need to cut it to a one goal deficit and we will come out flying in the 3rd.

the Blake goal was not on Miller. But, if you want Brodeur/Lundquist $$$, you need to shut-out or give up only 1 at home to the Leafs in late March. Miller is not to blame for us being in 9th, but he is getting outplayed tonight.

The Blake goal wasn't the soft one. <_<

I believe he said 2 soft goals. The second one he should have stopped, but I don't think it was a "soft" goal. The third one looked easily stoppable, but if he was screened or it was tipped...

It's just funny how pretty much any goal is soft in the minds of Sabres fans.

we just need to cut it to a one goal deficit and we will come out flying in the 3rd.

the Blake goal was not on Miller. But, if you want Brodeur/Lundquist $$$, you need to shut-out or give up only 1 at home to the Leafs in late March. Miller is not to blame for us being in 9th, but he is getting outplayed tonight.

I wonder how Brodeur would play with the Sabres defense and vice versa?

EDIT: Another thought, I will be more convinced Brodeur deserves Brodeur money when he can prove at his age that he's not going to wear himself out in the regular season and disappear in the playoffs.

I believe he said 2 soft goals. The second one he should have stopped, but I don't think it was a "soft" goal. The third one looked easily stoppable, but if he was screened or it was tipped...

It's just funny how pretty much any goal is soft in the minds of Sabres fans.

If every screened shot went in the net, the score of every game would be 15-14. Miller has to find a way to make the big save regardless of being screened, tipped or any other reason. Letting in 3 goals before the 2nd period is over, is not going to win a team many games.

If every screened shot went in the net, the score of every game would be 15-14. Miller has to find a way to make the big save regardless of being screened, tipped or any other reason. Letting in 3 goals before the 2nd period is over, is not going to win a team many games.

So your logic is:

Some screened shots should be stopped....

Therefore this screen shot should have been stopped?

Archived