Blake wants to be a Sabre?

inkman

Linky

The All-Star winger also becomes an unrestricted free agent after the season after making $1.5 million this year. He?s one of the faster players in the league, creative with the puck, a proven veteran who would be a good fit this summer for a speedy team looking to fill a hole. By the way, he?s also a big fan of Lindy Ruff.

A big fan of Drury.

?He?s a great player, a complete player,? Blake said. ?You don?t find many players like that in the league on the penalty kill, the power play, he?s got a great shot, he?s a great leader. Chris Drury was probably the best player on the ice. Every shift he?s doing something to make his linemates better. He does it all.?

I must admit, the thought of adding Blake to play with Drury is exciting, especially because it could probably be done for less than Briere makes now. If they can pay Blake/Drury what Drury/Briere make now, then use Teppo money and the rise in the cap to lock up Vanek long-term ...

The key is Connolly ... if he is healthy and they can go Drury-Connolly-Roy-Gaustad down the middle, that's an embarassment of riches in today's NHL ... all 4 can play the PP and PK and are good in their own end. Adding a guy like Blake or Zubrus to the wing with Briere's money would be a bonus.

Well, Stafford would have 28 at his Goals per Game, but if we review this recent stretch, 10 goals in 15 games would equate 55 goals.

That's assuming he would've been ready for NHL hockey at the start of the season. A pretty big assumption if you ask me.

I completely agree that it is Drury we must keep next season, and my buddies and I were actually talking about Blake last night while watching the game...maybe Bucky Gleason overheard us. I think Blake would be a great fit here in Buffalo (is a 40 goal scorer ever NOT a good fit?), but it breaks my heart to think about Briere leaving.

I completely agree that it is Drury we must keep next season, and my buddies and I were actually talking about Blake last night while watching the game...maybe Bucky Gleason overheard us. I think Blake would be a great fit here in Buffalo (is a 40 goal scorer ever NOT a good fit?), but it breaks my heart to think about Briere leaving.

As the Church Lady was so fond of saying, "could it be Satan"???

• 11 months later...

Archived