Sabres @ Hurricanes (02/12)

Corp000085

What can you do? The Hurricanes are healthy, at home, and have had an extra day to rest. Coming away with a point is great under those circumstances.

Now comes the time to rest and recharge for the 2nd half of the season. Should be a fun ride!

Carolina really poured it on in the 3rd period and in OT. Considering the travel circumstances and going against the #1 team in the conference, I'll take the point. Trade Mika or trade Marty, but Lindy has to find a way to work the #2 goalie into the rotation come March. If not, Miller will be burned out by playoff time.

Again, I think that's why it was smart to play Miller. You see what he has in that situation. You can look at his performance either way. He played very well in regulation time and was incredible in the overtime... but... he allowed six goals in the game. The results should help Lindy craft a plan during the break for goaltender rotation.

Again, I think that's why it was smart to play Miller. You see what he has in that situation. You can look at his performance either way. He played very well in regulation time and was incredible in the overtime... but... he allowed six goals in the game. The results should help Lindy craft a plan during the break for goaltender rotation.

He allowed 6 goals? So was the score 6-3? He allowed 3 goals, and stopped 3 of 6 clear breakaways, 3 of 7 if you count the one near the end of the game.

Lindy will never have a plan for the goalies.

The shootout shows where not having Briere and Conolly really hurts. Those two are amazing on breakaways. If we had them instead of Pominville and Dumont shooting, I think we'd have won the game.

Who writes this crap?

Carolina will return from the Olympic break on March 1 against Boston, while Buffalo will next play on March 3 against Toronto.

Unquote

Buffalo next plays on March 1st against Atlanta.

If find this an intersting tidbit:

..It was the Sabres fourth overtime game in their last five contests.

They've done pretty well considering how much hockey they've played.

It's gonna be grueling down the stretch, but it will be grueling for everyone.

being at the game, and seeing vanek's pitiful shootout attempt firsthand, what the hell happened? that was almost as bad as when wideman from st. louis came in and fell down. the look on numminen's face when vanek botched that one was priceless.

He was trying to pass it through his legs, kick it with his left skate back to his stick to shoot. Make sense? It would been sweet if it had worked. :(