GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

8pm

The sabres generally aren't pleased after a loss, especially a loss that was clearly the result of lack of effort/preparation. Lightning doesn't strike twice. Conklin will probably get the start tonight, and the sabres won't test fate with him. i expect a tighter game and i expect the sabres to display more effort, especially in the offensive zone. We don't lose this game tonight... Won't happen.

yeeeaaaa..... about that..... :doh: :blink:

3 games in 4 nights...1st game of a back to back...This one against an out of conference opponent, tomorrow against a team trying to catch us in the conference. Why would you start Miller tonight? He needs a night off on back to backs and tomorrow is a 4 point game.

3 games in 4 nights...1st game of a back to back...This one against an out of conference opponent, tomorrow against a team trying to catch us in the conference. Why would you start Miller tonight? He needs a night off on back to backs and tomorrow is a 4 point game.

Not saying that Miller should start. Just doubting the idea that Conklin is a winning goaltender. Obviously we haven't seen Ty backstopping this team yet, so I should reserve judgement, but my feeling right now is that I'll be happy with just getting a point from tonight's game.

Not saying that Miller should start. Just doubting the idea that Conklin is a winning goaltender. Obviously we haven't seen Ty backstopping this team yet, so I should reserve judgement, but my feeling right now is that I'll be happy with just getting a point from tonight's game.

there has to be some reason that corsi wanted to bring him in, so he cant be horrible. we have been spoiled for so long having biron who is capable of a #1 performance as a backup goaltender, so now that we have an actual backup goaltender many of the sabre faithful are going to infer that he is terrible and a bust. backups are called that for a reason, but i think that he is a suitable goalie for his role and will improve with our coaching staff.

there has to be some reason that corsi wanted to bring him in, so he cant be horrible.

I sure hope it wasn't Ty's 3-12-0-3 record with Syracuse of the AHL. Yes, Syracuse sucks this year, but come on! The only thing that record shows me is that he sucks in regulation, is allright in OT, but then sucks again in shootouts. Maybe he can get us into a shootout and then Miller can come in. I'll be praying for the kid to have a good game. Hopefully he changed the paint on his Columbus/Syracuse mask, because it sure didn't do him any favors being those colors.

Archived