When everyone is healthy, who do you scratch?

JoeFerguson

Assuming Connolly really does come back in time for the playoffs, what the heck are they going to do with all these overachieving youngsters?

Definites:

Max - Roy - Vanek

Briere- Hecht - Pominville

Drury - Kotalik - Mair

Connolly - Zubrus

Spacek, Campbell, Kalinin, Numminenn, Lydman, Tallinder

On the bubble

Paetsch, Paille, Stafford........................Peters

How the heck can you choose between Paestch, Paille, and Stafford? Who do you choose?

I think the power play's re-emergence has to be largely attributed to Paestch. So do you dress him as a 7th defensman and play him as a forward at even strength? Personally that is what I would do at this point.

I don't think Max will be ready to go right away. He's gonna have to practice a bit to get the pain in his wrist down, or at least get used to it. He'll also have to gain some strength back.

I doubt that Connolly will be able to skate a regular shift, and won't be in perfect shape. That will have some affect on who sits.

Stafford and Paetsch have been playing great; it would be hard to sit either one of those two.

Tough choices Lindy!

I think Teppo needs to sit for a game or two down the stretch to rest. If they sit him on March 28th, he can have 5 days off between games, which I think would do him wonders. I know when I take 5 days off, my legs feel a lot better when I get back on the ice, and I'm older than Teppo!

I think Teppo needs to sit for a game or two down the stretch to rest. If they sit him on March 28th, he can have 5 days off between games, which I think would do him wonders. I know when I take 5 days off, my legs feel a lot better when I get back on the ice, and I'm older than Teppo!

I'm not a defensive guru, but Teppo would be my choice to sit for more than a game or two. I think it would be hard to justify sitting Nathan over him.

I know when I take 5 days off, my legs feel a lot better when I get back on the ice, and I'm older than Teppo!

Man, what did Julius Caesar really look like?

I have been relatively adverse to moving Nathan up to the wing, but i think he adds more to being in the lineup than Mair does on a game by game basis. I can see us dressing him as a forward in the playoffs if our other 6 d men are healthy. Not because he is a better forward than Mair, but i think he is more essential to be in the lineup that adam.

Man, what did Julius Caesar really look like?

I have been relatively adverse to moving Nathan up to the wing, but i think he adds more to being in the lineup than Mair does on a game by game basis. I can see us dressing him as a forward in the playoffs if our other 6 d men are healthy. Not because he is a better forward than Mair, but i think he is more essential to be in the lineup that adam.

I don't think you would want ALL SEVEN of your defensemen playing in any given game. More chance to have one of 'em go down with an injury.

I think one will sit each game, and it probably will never be Paetsch because of what he brings to the PP.

It won't be Lydman or Tallinder, either. It will be one of Kalinin, Campbell or Spacek on a case-by-case basis.

Just my opinion, folks.

I don't think you would want ALL SEVEN of your defensemen playing in any given game. More chance to have one of 'em go down with an injury.

I think one will sit each game, and it probably will never be Paetsch because of what he brings to the PP.

It won't be Lydman or Tallinder, either. It will be one of Kalinin, Campbell or Spacek on a case-by-case basis.

Just my opinion, folks.

Good point, and it may be moronic to think this over the past month or even going back to last year, but you can't be afraid of injury to your lineup come playoff time. Figure you have to put the best 18 skaters out each night. That said, if an injury were to happen on the blue-line early in a game, it may be nice to know you have paetsch dressed as a forward to move back there. I wouldnt say its ideal to dress 7 d men, but if it gives me the best lineup with the best chance to win, it makes sense to me.

Just my opinion, folks.

Paetsch was moved to forward on the 4th line, when all the other D were healthy, and Lindy loved his play up there...

His contribution to the PP is too valuable for him not to play...

I can't see Soupy sitting, he was a serious force in the playoffs last year...

My ideal lines:

Hecht Briere Pominville

Zubrus Drury Afinogenov

Vanek Roy Stafford

Paetsch Connolly Kotalik

Then the norms on defense.

but that may change based on Zubrus performance and of course injury timetables.

Connolly and Roy teamed together so well last year... especially in that game 1 vs Ottawa.. I think they have a real connection.

And Zubrus can play Center too, so here's my idea, dear Lindy, please use;

Hecht Briere Pominville

Kotalik Drury Stafford

Vanek Zubrus Afinogenov

Roy Connolly Paetsch/McCarthur (prolly Paetsch)

Roy and Connolly are interchangeable.. I think timmy has had some wing experience so they might put roy in the middle.

this is of course if Timmy comes back.

Defense, pretty same ol'.

Lydman - Tallinder

Campbell - Spacek

Teppo - Kalinin

(if everyone is Healthy I honestly think kalinin is gonna be the odd man out on a few games)

Id dress Mair as the extra player.. add a little toughness should it be needed.

You dont see too many non hockey hits in the playoffs... usually anyway. So Ithink it's better to go with the offense.

My ideal lines:

Hecht Briere Stafford

Zubrus Drury Afinogenov

Vanek Roy Pominville

Kaleta Connolly Kotalik

Paetch Campbell

Lydman Tallinder

Spacek Kalinin

If we have an injury to a forward we slide Paetch into his slot and put Numminen in. Than Mcarthur, Mair, Ryan, Peters

I can see Paetsch sitting, when Connolly comes back (and ofcourse Spacek). I agree he has been great on the powerplay, but didn't Timmy play a point last year? Especially if they put him on the 4th line, I could see them giving him the power play time on the point (less traffic, more time).

I guess I see it like this:

Hecht Briere Pominville

Roy Drury Kotalik

Vanek Zubrus Afinogenov

Mair Connolly Stafford (I would have no problem with Paetsch here, but believe they both should come before Paille)

Tallinder Lydman

Spacek Campbell

Numminen Kalinin

I also think that out of the five healthy D (not counting Paetsch) Campbell has been the least reliable in the past month. Anybody have +/- numbers and point totals for the past month?

Anybody have +/- numbers and point totals for the past month?

LINK

Lydman 0-2-2, +3

Campbell 0-4-4, +3

Tallinder 2-2-4, +2

Teppo 1-5-6, +1

Paetsch 0-7-7, +1

Dmitri 1-3-4, E

Spacek 0-0-0, E (2 GP)

I can see Paetsch sitting, when Connolly comes back (and ofcourse Spacek). I agree he has been great on the powerplay, but didn't Timmy play a point last year? Especially if they put him on the 4th line, I could see them giving him the power play time on the point (less traffic, more time).

I guess I see it like this:

Hecht Briere Pominville

Roy Drury Kotalik

Vanek Zubrus Afinogenov

Mair Connolly Stafford (I would have no problem with Paetsch here, but believe they both should come before Paille)

Tallinder Lydman

Spacek Campbell

Numminen Kalinin

I also think that out of the five healthy D (not counting Paetsch) Campbell has been the least reliable in the past month. Anybody have +/- numbers and point totals for the past month?

thats sounds like what lindy is planning to do from what ive heard him talk about on WGR. I also agree that soupy has seemed to have disappeared from playmaking, but hes still +3 this month.

Archived