GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7:30pm

It's toronto, baby!! I have little to say about this game, except i'd like to comment that now the adrenaline should be gone from the new guys. lets see what they really bring to the table. I hope miller gets the start, cause marty was really crappy last game.

i'd be willing to bet that tucker takes a close look at his antics... if he runs someone, you know darn well peters will be there to punch out sundin.

I don't need Tucker to run someone to justify punching out Sundin.

While we're at it, take out McCabe. Is it just me, or does he seem dirtier this year?

ok, so who gets the start? miller or ty conklin? haha, just kidding!!!

Now that marty is gone, i wonder how miller reacts. Miller has never really been THE man in nets, its always him starting with biron, a capable backup, right behind him. I think ryan finally puts together a complete effort tonight.

7pm

It's toronto, baby!! I have little to say about this game, except i'd like to comment that now the adrenaline should be gone from the new guys. lets see what they really bring to the table. I hope miller gets the start, cause marty was really crappy last game.

Game is 730 not 700..

Now that marty is gone, i wonder how miller reacts. Miller has never really been THE man in nets, its always him starting with biron, a capable backup, right behind him. I think ryan finally puts together a complete effort tonight.

yeah i was gonna comment on your first post to start it off, but you beat me to it.

im a little worried since we should still be a little thin. I dont know how much longer the boy wonders can play out of their mind. to win this one we either need a huge game from briere and vanek, or miller steals one now that he is THE MAN. 2c

Paul Hamilton, where are you, where's Zubby?

Zubrus is not playing. i responded to your other post on the main board about it, but you must have missed it. Darcy came on WGR at around 5:30 and said that Zubrus is flying striaght to buffalo - not toronto, and landing tonight or late tommorow. He will be ready to play by fridays home game and will get a couple good practices before playing with the team.

So Zubby (nice nickname) will NOT play tonight. that is all

I guess these guys like playing the Sabres....

Jeff O'Neill (4GP - 4G,1A) and Mats Sundin (3GP - 2G, 3A) lead all Toronto players with five points, respectively, against Buffalo this season

? Mats Sundin leads all Toronto players with 68 points (27 goals, 41 assists) in 76 career games against Buffalo

? Mats Sundin has collected more assists (41) versus Buffalo than against any other NHL club

? Pavel Kubina has collected more goals (seven-tie) versus Buffalo than against any other NHL club

? Bryan McCabe has collected more penalty minutes (106) versus Buffalo than against any other NHL club

? Alexei Ponikarovsky has collected more points (10-tie) versus Buffalo than against any other NHL club

? Matt Stajan has collected more assists (six-tie) and points (10-tie) versus Buffalo than against any other NHL club

Briere out with the flu tonight.. not kidding

i'd be willing to bet that tucker takes a close look at his antics... if he runs someone, you know darn well peters will be there to punch out sundin.
I don't think Tucker is smart enough to temper his actions...unless an enforcer who can kick his ass is on the ice as the same time...then Tucker's pretty quiet.

Agreed, no more security blanket for Ryan - he is definitely working without a net now. The buck stops with him, and he has nothing to fear but...ooops, too many cliches.

Anyway it will be interested to see if he is mentally strong enough to push his game to the next level without Marty breathing down his neck, pushing him for ice time. I think he is strong enough to handle it, but you never know. He is still a young goalie, so he might have to work even harder with Ruff & Corsi to improve his focus & consistency.

Archived