Trade RUMORs involving the Sabres (5 names)

RayFinkle

According to Garth, this is what he sources deep within the organization are telling him.

Here are the names / cap number of players I'm told Buffalo are talking about:

1). Kevyn Adams- $725,000

2). Brad May- $700,000

3). Anthony Stewart - $684,000

4). Ben Eager - $646,000

5). Lee Stempniak- $517,500

I can't think of any reason that St Louis would even think about moving Stempniak.

Thats exactly what I thought when I saw that Shrader. It would be awesome to have another hometown kid on the team, but Stempniak's future is too bright for St. Louis to part with him. He's done nothing but improve since he started playing in the NHL and he's going to be a top forward on their team. Although I can't say that I didn't think about this what if already.

I can't even get St. Louis to trade him to Buffalo in NHL 2k7 no matter who I try to send to St. Louis!

I know you are posting a rumor just for discussion purposes but I have to say that it is getting increasingly aggrevating that just because a player is from the Buffalo area, he is somehow by default connected to trade rumors with this team. It's really ridiculous, and with the Stempniak rumor, it is blatantly obvious that the fact he's from Buffalo is the foundation for the rumor, and nothing more.

We should get Ruslan Salei and Belfour from Florida for Biron.

it is getting increasingly aggrevating that just because a player is from the Buffalo area, he is somehow by default connected to trade rumors with this team.

What do you expect from Hockeybuzz.com? They pull out the Zima and Magic the Gathering cards, get in a circle back to front, and whatever comes out of it, they post.

What do you expect from Hockeybuzz.com? They pull out the Zima and Magic the Gathering cards, get in a circle back to front, and whatever comes out of it, they post.

I think they also troll around message boards and look at who people would want and then say they heard a "rumor" about it. With the insanity that has been going on over the last 24 hours as far as trades go, I'd almost rather see the Sabres do nothing. I mean look at how much was given up for Zhitnik and Tkachuk...I really hope Darcy doesn't just throw away a Stafford or Zagrapan for a rental player like Gary Roberts. I don't think he will, but that appears to be the kind of asking price...I mean look at how Atlanta gave up a player, a first, second, third rounder, and a conditional 1st rounder if Tkachuk resigns with St. Louis, which he very well could.

Zima and MtG? were do I sign up? lmao

Haha, I haven't had a Zima since I was in highschool, that and Orange Hooch, anyone else remember that crap. Zima commercials from the early 90's were so lame, they made it look so much fun to drink such a not so special malt beverage.

I really hope Darcy doesn't just throw away a Stafford or Zagrapan for a rental player like Gary Roberts.

Not happening, according to my sources (me), Darcy has not shown a willingness to sacrifice the future of the organization for other teams retreads.

If a deal does go down, I would expect a defenseman coming this way for draft picks/Biron.

I know you guys will hate this, but this is the latest:

Phoenix: May move Cujo to Buffalo is Biron is moved...

Buffalo- Biron looks like he could be on his way out tonight...LA (e3), Florida (e2), Phoenix (e2)...Buffalo has interst in Kyle Calder (e2) and Kevyn Adams (e3) and Lupul (e2).

I know you guys will hate this, but this is the latest:

Phoenix: May move Cujo to Buffalo is Biron is moved...

Buffalo- Biron looks like he could be on his way out tonight...LA (e3), Florida (e2), Phoenix (e2)...Buffalo has interst in Kyle Calder (e2) and Kevyn Adams (e3) and Lupul (e2).

Hmmm, Joffrey Lupul is a player that would look good in a Sabres uniform. Why would Edmonton trade him? The Sabres probably can't fit him in, because he just signed a 3 yr, $6.9M contract in September. Would have to trade Biron and Kotalik to get him under the cap. He's got 24 points in 63 games and is a minus 16. Why move Big Al for that?

Yeah my last post was kind of round-a-bout.

I first thought that Lupul would look great in a Sabres uni, which he would.

Then I did some research and found he had 2 years left on a decent deal.

Then I saw that he was minus 16.

Then I saw he only had 24 points.

It made me think that Al is just as good, fits in well, and has that cannon he carries around, so why bother?

Yeah my last post was kind of round-a-bout.

I first thought that Lupul would look great in a Sabres uni, which he would.

Then I did some research and found he had 2 years left on a decent deal.

Then I saw that he was minus 16.

Then I saw he only had 24 points.

It made me think that Al is just as good, fits in well, and has that cannon he carries around, so why bother?

Lupul has been a real bust in Edmonton. He's an Edmonton product that came home in the Pronger deal. So much for local boy does good story.

I'll tell you what, I wouldn't mind seeing George Laraque come to the Sabres. I don't know if Brad May is gonna help at all. In all honesty, I don't know what he looks like on the ice anymore, I never watch Avalanche games. Ben Eager may even help. He's a banger. I've noticed in recent games that the Sabres have really been banging the body a lot lately. They're getting ready for play-off mode, I guess.

I loved that all-american line, Stafford, Ryan and Drury. I though Kaleta and Paetsch ignited the team with their hitting. I love Paetsch up on the wing.

Guerin of course would be awesome. If we're hoping for a blockbuster deal, I think I prefer a scenario that lands Ryan Smyth here.

I saw another idea posted about Hejduk teaming up with Drury again. Heck of a player, still like Smyth the best. I think the Oilers have to be sellers at this point after losing to the Wild last night.

Here's a beauty...

Various reports suggest the Sabres are using goalie Martin Biron and winger Ales Kotalik as trade bait, while the News adds Paul Gaustad, Derek Roy and Dmitri Kalinin as three other players the team could look to trade.

So we are going to trade away two players that are the the heart of the team, not to mention they make pennies, for a rental player. 28 hours and counting.

This is from the Ottawa Sun and that fat asswipe Garrioch:

- "There is talk Buffalo will send Biron to the Penguins in exchange for LW Ryan Malone. Tampa Bay is also believed to be interested in Biron."

Spector finds it hard to believe Buff would deal Biron to anyone in the east that has a shot at the playoffs.

I agree.

This is from the Ottawa Sun and that fat asswipe Garrioch:

- "There is talk Buffalo will send Biron to the Penguins in exchange for LW Ryan Malone. Tampa Bay is also believed to be interested in Biron."

Spector finds it hard to believe Buff would deal Biron to anyone in the east that has a shot at the playoffs.

I agree.

Why would Pittsburgh want Biron?

Haha, I haven't had a Zima since I was in highschool, that and Orange Hooch, anyone else remember that crap. Zima commercials from the early 90's were so lame, they made it look so much fun to drink such a not so special malt beverage.

Yep, the teenage girl's drink of choice back when I was a Hamburg-ite. Alcoholic sprite if you ask me. Beer, please.

-Jeff

Archived