GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Good game Folks. I am very impressed with the Depth the Sabres have. Emery did have a bad night but none the less your guys showed up to play. No idea if the toughness thing got resolved but I'll give both teams credit and leave happy knowing nobody got hurt on either side. I don't know if these clips made it up on youtube yet but I capped the game and thought you might like them. See you all in the Playoffs where I'm sure we'll have another great series filled with Highs and Lows for all of us.

Download to your hard drive. Sendspace doesn't stream. You will also need a Divx Codec. Either download it from Divx.com or install VLC video player.

McGrattan_Vs_Peters

Neil_Vs_Mair

See ya.. One of the better two game sets played this year in the regular season.

Good game Folks. I am very impressed with the Depth the Sabres have. Emery did have a bad night but none the less your guys showed up to play. No idea if the toughness thing got resolved but I'll give both teams credit and leave happy knowing nobody got hurt on either side. I don't know if these clips made it up on youtube yet but I capped the game and thought you might like them. See you all in the Playoffs where I'm sure we'll have another great series filled with Highs and Lows for all of us.

Download to your hard drive. Sendspace doesn't stream. You will also need a Divx Codec. Either download it from Divx.com or install VLC video player.

McGrattan_Vs_Peters

Neil_Vs_Mair

Dag, thanks for not trolling. I remember you from last year's playoffs and I really respect you for wanting to actually talk about hockey in an intelligent way -- even behind enemy lines.

McGrattan_Vs_Peters

Neil_Vs_Mair

Dagwood, you are alright! Thanks for the videos. Hopefully we'll see ya in the playoffs as the will probably mean we both made it beyond the first round. :thumbsup:

Hard fought game tonight, Sens win on a lucky bounce and barely beat the Amerks with Miller in net. Can someone tell me why Roy got a penalty for being pushed by Comrie after that goal??? Also, how much clout does Neil have with the league/the officials? He was yapping after each and every play all game long, not to mention is BS before the game. If that was me out there, I would have attacked him during the pregame. And by the way, anyone else see that when Neil took down Pominville and they were sliding toward the boards, he tried to put Pomer's head into the boards??? Watch the replay as he cross checks his head.

As far as this "Hecta" or whatever his name is, guys just let him talk his smack. It's probably the only enjoyment he gets as he sits alone in his apartment on a Saturday night playing with himself. He obviously has no extra time on his hands, I mean it's not like he finds the time to join the message board of a team he doesn't even root for to stand up for another team he doesn't even root for...oh, wait <_<

dagwood, marty, glad this thing is over. It would have been very easy for both sides of the argument to turn trollish, but it didn't for the most part. We'll all agree to disagree on the neil vs. drury hit, ruff's appropriateness afterwards, and all that followed, but kudos for bringing your side of the story to the table. It sucks that our captain was injured, but that was a 2 game series for the ages. From thursday night till right now, our teams were the talk of the sports world. there's a chance that these teams could meet in the playoffs, so we'll see you then. if not, till october!

on a side note, why didn't neil play at all after cross checking kaleta and getting into the fight with mair? he only had 7 minutes of penalties and was not injured. Plus, danny briere was still playing, so he obvioulsy had a role in the game. Did murray finally bench him? was he just invisible on the ice? was there an in-game memo?

Classmeter:

Dagwood 10

heceta 2

By the way, anyone else notice who led the team in ice time tonight? Hint: not a defenseman.

who are the blues?

what a waste of time to be a fan of whoever they are. LOL!

St Louis - GP 61 W 26 L 26 PT 61 11th in the West

This is who the St Louis Blues are, in reference to heceta's comment, should we start the HAHA's over all of St. Louis's losses?

Oh, and btw, with 41 wins and 15 losses the Sabres have 87 points and lead the NHL, what exactly is your point again? You seem to be hell bent on losing your credibility and establishing the fact that you're ignorant to the game of hockey, move on because you won't be welcome here with that attitude.

why didn't neil play at all after cross checking kaleta and getting into the fight with mair? he only had 7 minutes of penalties and was not injured. Plus, danny briere was still playing, so he obvioulsy had a role in the game. Did murray finally bench him? was he just invisible on the ice? was there an in-game memo?

Well, as I tried to explain when posting Neil wasn't sent out for Drury..... ;)

Neil usually starts the games and then in the 3rd, Murray slides McAmmond to the first line and Neil back to the 4th. The thought is Neil brings the necessary energy to disrupt things on the 1st line. Which he does a good job at and then McAmmond moves up with Spezza and Heatley because has better finish. Not sure if that is what Murray did tonight because I was busy capping fight clips and watching my Sens blow another frickin lead.

You gotta give them credit with all the injuries

Don't worry. The baby sens aren't going anywhere in the playoffs, and Chris Neil will eventually wind up with his head on a platter. He'll PO the wrong man at the wrong time, and wind up like Jeff Beukeboom.

Looks like Lindy Ruff lost his flash cards- and forgot how to count to six. Too bad Buffalo will be short-handed to end the loss.

Troll :thumbdown:

Well, as I tried to explain.....

Neil usually starts the games and then in the 3rd, Murray slides McAmmond to the first line and Neil back to the 4th. The thought is Neil brings the necessary energy to disrupt things on the 1st line. Which he does a good job at and then McAmmond moves up with Spezza and Heatley because has better finish. Not sure if that is what Murray did tonight because I was busy capping fight clips and watching my Sens blow another frickin lead.

u

ah, so neil not playing in the 3rd is a normal thing.. i see i see. as for your senators, may god have mercy upon your soul. I'm a bills fan, so i know all about falling short. I'm not ripping you or anything, but your team shows little heart, especially when things get tight. Tonight was an exception. Emery is not a big game goalie. they need a trade before tuesday to have a snoball's chance in april. By the way, what's your opinion on neil's actions tonight? headhunting? being a pest? My opinion? he's an @$$hole, but he was just pesting it up tonight. how about mcgratton tonight? he, to me, blatently was 3rd man in on redden vs. peters scuffle. I've got no problem with how the rest of the senators played tonight. heatly vs. roy after the goal was carryover to some yapping from thursday. after its all said and done, the sabres didn't start anything. the sens d idn't start anything outside of neil. emery fell apart, and you guys won because of a 2nd period marty biron meltdown. in hindsight, lindy should have started miller afterall, but that's heresay.

Dag, thanks for not trolling. I remember you from last year's playoffs and I really respect you for wanting to actually talk about hockey in an intelligent way -- even behind enemy lines.

Ditto. BTW, I just PM'd Corp about heceta's trolling. Corp told me that heceta's been taken care of.

Classmeter:

Dagwood 10

heceta 2

By the way, anyone else notice who led the team in ice time tonight? Hint: not a defenseman.

I was so angered over heceta's lack of class to come on our board and taunt us over what the baby sens did tonight that I told the mods to "ban this jerk". You are way too kind to give him a classmeter of 2. Try using negative numbers.

u

ah, so neil not playing in the 3rd is a normal thing.. i see i see. as for your senators, may god have mercy upon your soul. I'm a bills fan, so i know all about falling short. I'm not ripping you or anything, but your team shows little heart, especially when things get tight. Tonight was an exception. Emery is not a big game goalie. they need a trade before tuesday to have a snoball's chance in april. By the way, what's your opinion on neil's actions tonight? headhunting? being a pest? My opinion? he's an @$$hole, but he was just pesting it up tonight. how about mcgratton tonight? he, to me, blatently was 3rd man in on redden vs. peters scuffle. I've got no problem with how the rest of the senators played tonight. heatly vs. roy after the goal was carryover to some yapping from thursday. after its all said and done, the sabres didn't start anything. the sens d idn't start anything outside of neil. emery fell apart, and you guys won because of a 2nd period marty biron meltdown. in hindsight, lindy should have started miller afterall, but that's heresay.

Your a Flyers fan in disguise right? ;)

The team I support is what it is. cough Peca

I'm not going to change your opinion and your not going to change mine. cough Barnaby

B-)

I'm not going to change your opinion and your not going to change mine. cough Barnaby

B-)

Peca plays for the Maple Loafs, and Barnaby plays for the Falling Stars. So what's your point?

Heceta was a harmless and unintentionally comical troll. Too bad for him he revealed he was a Blues fan. :lol:

That being said, I don't think he should have been banned, unless he started spamming. He was good for the laughs.

ok, maybe I took him too seriously, but he was quite a bit out of line.

Note to heceta: don't troll. As the old saying goes, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do." Otherwise, tuck your tail in between your legs and head home.

Your a Flyers fan in disguise right? ;)

B-)

if i were a flyers fan... eh, i can't even come up with anything to go with that. and for what its w orth, i'll admit that peca, barnaby, and varada were all dirty players when they had to be. that was old-nhl though. as for new nhl? i'll even admit that briere and roy are known as divers. there you go! i'm an unbiased sabres fan!

now, back to your regularly scheduled program: NO GOAL NO GOAL NO GOAL NO GOAL NO GOAL!!!!!

if i were a flyers fan... eh, i can't even come up with anything to go with that. and for what its w orth, i'll admit that peca, barnaby, and varada were all dirty players when they had to be. that was old-nhl though. as for new nhl? i'll even admit that briere and roy are known as divers. there you go! i'm an unbiased sabres fan!

now, back to your regularly scheduled program: NO GOAL NO GOAL NO GOAL NO GOAL NO GOAL!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Peca plays for the Maple Loafs, and Barnaby plays for the Falling Stars. So what's your point?

I thought maybe Corp85 might have been a fan of those players in the past and yet Neil is an a#$^$#!e. I don't disagree with Corp as far as McGrattan being the 3rd man in..but then again Redden and Peters didn't really get anything started and the Sens do choke in the playoffs so I can't defend that. I just have to hope they can pull it together when the time comes.

if i were a flyers fan... eh, i can't even come up with anything to go with that.

Sorry , Calling you a Flyer fan was over the line :nana:

see, we can agree!! and its the flyers that brought us together. may god bless bobby clarke!

I know I'm walking into the middle of this, but that's just bloody hilarious. I think the jury's out that clarkie won't be a GM anywhere the rest of his life.

Here's one from the baby sens network. Talk about a homer:

"Wait a minute. Emery smiles while fighting, Neil smiles after fighting, and McGrattan just flat out laughs at you while fighting. Not really going anywhere with this, just pointing it out since some people think that people who fight shouldn't be happy about it."

That baby sens fan must have forgotten that when Peters bashed in McGrattan's face last year that he called in the refs to break up the fight. Petey knew not to carry it on once he hurt the guy.

BTW, it makes me wonder if Neil was smiling after his head shot on Drury. If he wants to do head shots, he should be playing Unreal Tournament.

Classmeter:

Dagwood 10

heceta 2

Don't forget to give IWorshipBlackhawksBestPlayer his dues. He should be up there w/ Dag.

And for the other guy, a 2 is very liberal grading IMHO.

It's such a shame that that amazing, hard-fought game/comeback was decided by a flukey goal.

That was almost one for the ages.

Had we won this one, it would have been extremely far from ordinary. The kids from Rochester showed that they have what it takes to play in the big leagues.

I have a question for the non trolling Sens Fan(Dagwood). Unlike a certain Ottawa Sun writer who danced around a legitimate question posed to him about the "hit" in question.

If the tables were turned. the Sens were already Injury riddled (Say Heatley, Vermette, Eaves, Schubert, Schaeffer, and McAmmond, trying to match up the type of players we lost) and Adam Mair hits Alfredsson or Spezza(I know alfredsson gets alot of grief so I'm not sure who is more of a fan favorite\more respected ala Drury) with the same hit that Neil hit Drury with, Knocking one of your beloved team leaders out with a possible concussion and a nasty gash to boot... how would your view of the hit be?

I understand it was a clean hit, however Neil did make an effort to skate halfway cross the rink to hit Drury. Hence I do believe there was an intent to injure or at least be alot rougher than a simple "trying to knock you off of the puck" type hit. He approached him from about 7 O'clock, so Drury had no chance of seeing him unless he is an Owl.

Archived