GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7pm

i'm starting this one early, because there's a heck of a lot of discussion about what's to come. Personal opinion? I have no friggin clue what's to come. i can totally see thursday's events transpiring all over again, but i can also see a business as usual game as well. We shall see. Who starts in goal? are there any suspensions? is drury playing possum, and will he play saturday? Do the rookies keep playing well? over/under on penalty minutes has to be set? who wins? do the senators fold like a taco (as quoted by roby)? lots of questions to be answered between now and tomorrow night.

Usually games like this never live up to the hype. But again, nothing is 100%. The bottom line is our captain is out with a concussion and I am still pissed about it, I am sure our team still is, and everyone else who identifies as a Sabres fan should be. There is no excuse for a head shot, I don't even want to hear the BS about it from some of the people on this board. It was a late head shot.

IMO we better be running their skill forwards through the wall. McGrattan and Neil aren't going to save those boys. We need to go out there and set the tone early that we are still fired up. Anyone who doesn't think so needs to grow a pair.

I think our starting line will be Peters, Mair and Kaleta up front, with possibly Mancari (who can play D) on D, but I don't know if Ruff would put Mancari out there that soon. I'm sure Murray will have McRotten, Kneel and Kelly out there, but then again it is Murray, so who knows.

I want to see a clean, good hockey game. I don't want anyone else hurt or suspended or thrown out. I want nothing more than to see Ottawa lose on home ice to the Sabres with Miller earning the first star. I want to see Miller rob them all night long while the kids beat Emery.

I want these Senators to skate off the ice tonight wondering why they can't beat these Buffalo Sabres.

Taking 3 out of 4 point from the Senators will be enough for me. When Drury comes back, he can decide how best to deal with Mr. Neil. My guess is he knows how to throw a semi blind check a few seconds late using his shoulder.

its saturday morning, so its time for me to lay a prediction down... The sabres WILL NOT start anything. that's on the senators... The sabres said their piece on thursday night. I expect them to play a clean game and to actually continue to be effective on the PP. The sens will take some runs, so there will be plenty of PP time to go around. If the reffing is close to neutral, and the sabres stay out of the dirty stuff, i expect them to win tonight. I expect them to win partially because there's a bunch of nobodies out to prove they belong for the playoffs, and a bunch of somebodies who are like a wounded dog. You can never bet against the true underdog. The other reason why the sabres will win is because its a HUGE game and its against the senators. Till the sens can prove the world wrong, they're a bunch of overhyped, heartless bunch of skill guys who folds under the pressure.

If things get ugly, the sens will be the team to start it, and i honestly think the sabres will be the team to turn their backs and walk away. They don't need to prove they can beat up everyone on the team again... The X factor is lindy ruff. If guys like chris neil take runs at briere, miller, pominville, etc. with no penalties called, i could honestly see Ruff pulling his team off the ice and forfeiting the game. Completely unrealistic, but hey, weirder things have happened. If neil headhunts danny briere, and the refs "turn their backs", Ruff will do something crazy like that... After all, all of north america is looking at this game. no better way of making a statement to the nhl's refereeing system than that! However, that's not going down... You never, ever count out the Buffalo Sabres... 3-2 sabres, and that fight on thursday was all the karma the team needed to end the injury bug.

its saturday morning, so its time for me to lay a prediction down... The sabres WILL NOT start anything. that's on the senators... The sabres said their piece on thursday night. I expect them to play a clean game and to actually continue to be effective on the PP. The sens will take some runs, so there will be plenty of PP time to go around. If the reffing is close to neutral, and the sabres stay out of the dirty stuff, i expect them to win tonight. I expect them to win partially because there's a bunch of nobodies out to prove they belong for the playoffs, and a bunch of somebodies who are like a wounded dog. You can never bet against the true underdog. The other reason why the sabres will win is because its a HUGE game and its against the senators. Till the sens can prove the world wrong, they're a bunch of overhyped, heartless bunch of skill guys who folds under the pressure.

If things get ugly, the sens will be the team to start it, and i honestly think the sabres will be the team to turn their backs and walk away. They don't need to prove they can beat up everyone on the team again... The X factor is lindy ruff. If guys like chris neil take runs at briere, miller, pominville, etc. with no penalties called, i could honestly see Ruff pulling his team off the ice and forfeiting the game. Completely unrealistic, but hey, weirder things have happened. If neil headhunts danny briere, and the refs "turn their backs", Ruff will do something crazy like that... After all, all of north america is looking at this game. no better way of making a statement to the nhl's refereeing system than that! However, that's not going down... You never, ever count out the Buffalo Sabres... 3-2 sabres, and that fight on thursday was all the karma the team needed to end the injury bug.

I agree with just about all of this post, except this. Lindy would never forfeit the game. I can see him double-shifting Peters, Kaleta and Mair and having them take runs at the sens' skill guys though.

I think the NHL has a golden opportunity to capitalize on the animosity between the teams, their fans and what might be a world-wide audience.

Televise the three national anthems:

1. Canadian

2. American

3. Theme from Rocky...

One positive out of tonight's game is that Ottawa feels compelled to put McGrattan in the game. Since he was a healthy scratch, he is now taking the place of a better player. Who is getting scratched in his place? If nothing else, it's one slower pair of feet hitting the ice. That has got to help. Even if he dusts it up, my guess is any deliberate fighting will be met with majors and game misconducts. So he won't be in there long.

I just ordered the Cross Canada Time shift channels on my digital cable. For $3.95 I just added 11 channels across this great land of mine.

Why you may ask? Because one of the channels just happens to be ............

CBC Ottawa!!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Although I'd love to see the Sens captain lying in a pool of blood from a (headshot, which the league allows now, I guess), the best way to payback, is WIN the game. How embarrassing for the Sens to get beat again by the SABERKS!

Headhunting is legal now, "LET'S GO, BUF-FA-LO!" :beer:

Archived