Bad news about Drury

MidwestSabresFan

Was reading online and the AP reports......

Buffalo Sabres co-captain Chris Drury is out indefinitely with a suspected concussion from a blindside hit that sparked a brawl in Buffalo's game against the Ottawa Senators.

But they also report: the Sabres have called up Mark Mancari from Rochester of the AHL, with the rookie forward expected to make his NHL debut Saturday.

I sure hope they hand down some punishment after this deal. I'm going to stop before I start ranting. Sorry to bring the bad news, but its obvious.

That's what The Score in Canada is saying. Concussion, out indefinetly.

This is scary, scary bad.

Anyone getting any word on this out in Buffalo?

Please tell me it's a pre-cautionary game or two that he sits.

How on Earth do they have a chance on Saturday? Just staying close will be a victory.

he's out for a while... I'm pretty sure that the rule is once you have been documented as having a concussion, you must be totally symptom free for 7 days before you will be allowed to play. so even if he feels 100% saturday, he'll have to wait until next saturday to play... and I'm not going to bet he's 100% by saturday.

7 games in a row now that we lost a normal player... WOW, I thought last year's playoffs was bad...

someone chime in if I have the concussion rule wrong...

he's out for a while... I'm pretty sure that the rule is once you have been documented as having a concussion, you must be totally symptom free for 7 days before you will be allowed to play. so even if he feels 100% saturday, he'll have to wait until next saturday to play... and I'm not going to bet he's 100% by saturday.

7 games in a row now that we lost a normal player... WOW, I thought last year's playoffs was bad...

someone chime in if I have the concussion rule wrong...

I don't know anything about the rule, but he hasn't been documented as having a concussion just yet... just experience concussion-like symptoms. Could just be headaches for all we know. I woke up with a headache today, doesn't meant anything yet....

although I wouldn't be surprised to see Drury out 'til playoffs or later. Just because we're Buffalo.

He won't. People are overreating to the word "indefinitely" here. He'll be back quickly.

I SAY AMEN!

One (more hopeful) thought: Assuming Shrader and my takes are fairly accurate, what're the chances the Sabres came out with this "indefinite" boom-scatter "bomb" in an effort to influence the league's actions as to Neil?

If Dru goes on LTIR, it doesn't matter ho much space is cleared, we can kiss the cup goodbye.

There's only 4 weeks of regular season left. He can go on LTIR and come back for Game 1 just fine. He's the only guy I actually wouldn't be worried about coming back to the playoffs cold (unlike any of our other hobbled guys).

If he really has a concussion, he's probably looking at a month anyway.

I SAY AMEN!

One (more hopeful) thought: Assuming Shrader and my takes are fairly accurate, what're the chances the Sabres came out with this "indefinite" boom-scatter "bomb" in an effort to influence the league's actions as to Neil?

DITTO.

Briere came back from the Ovechkin hit and the league based the fine at least partially on his quick return to the ice.

There wasn't any doubt in my mind that he was gone. I posted it immediately last night. All you needed to see was one replay of how he fell and you knew. I was hoping against hope, but I knew. When he didn't come out in the third that was the tell tale sign to me.

Now I am hoping it was the RJ Umberger kind and not the TC kind...

The city of Buffalo is cursed. I don't know if any team this good has had the number of key players hurt in such a short period time. It hurts right now...I just don't know what to think. Anyone else getting drunk tonight? I need something to make me feel better temporarily. In anyone is interested, I hardly ever drink...literally.

There's only 4 weeks of regular season left. He can go on LTIR and come back for Game 1 just fine. He's the only guy I actually wouldn't be worried about coming back to the playoffs cold (unlike any of our other hobbled guys).

If he really has a concussion, he's probably looking at a month anyway.

I'm not sure which schedule you're looking at but there are a little over 6 weeks left in the season, basically 1/4 of the season.

Archived