Murray is a POS

Corp000085

Four hours earlier than the East Coast.

Where the hell are you? Aleutian Islands? Dutch Harbor? How do you see the Sabres and Bills, Satellite I take it?

I still think your opinion is way off target tonight, but I won't hold it against you. I always seem to agree with you on TBD. :blink:

Step 1 complete. 11 more to go. :)

No, step one is not complete. He needs to learn to spell counseling right first. Last I knew Alaska was part of the USA and not Canada.

Where the hell are you? Aleutian Islands? Dutch Harbor? How do you see the Sabres and Bills, Satellite I take it?

I still think your opinion is way off target tonight, but I won't hold it against you. I always seem to agree with you on TBD. :blink:

Anchorage. Wouldn't matter, though. All of Alaska is on it's own time. One hour behind California. Yes, Center Ice at AD's igloo.

See, you're right every time but tonight. Just got to be a bit more consistant. :lol:

Chris Drury having or not having a concussion is not on a message board. Some of us, probably most of us, are upset and you are taking advantage of that for fun. And I completely understand you love this. You are a very shallow person. But your 'reasoning' is fine.

I'd ask someone to translate this, but I'm not sure anyone is fluent in "gobbledeegook". I'm not sure what you're getting at with Drury's injury, but you're reading a lot into a situation without any kind of tools in your toolbox.

Settle down, Beavis.

Pull up a Youtube of Campbell on Umberger and then the hit tonight.

1) Umberger had just received the puck and was facing sideways

2) Campbell actually had Umberger's back facing him as Umberger received the puck

3) Campbell was on his way toward Umberger as Umberger started to turn

4) Umberger was skating straight on as Campbell came in from a 45 degree angle to hit him 1.5 strides after he received the puck

5) Campbell's elbow came up after the followthrough

1) Drury had just released the puck

2) Drury had his back to Neil as he released the puck

3) Neil was on his way to Drury when Drury still hat the puck

4) Drury was facing Neil almost head on as the hit occured, 1.5 strides after the puck was passed

5) Neil's elbow came up after the followthrough

There are 2 differences between the hits...Umberger just received the puck and Drury just got rid of it....and Umberger was in full stride while Drury was at a standstill. You are fair game after the puck is let go.

This was a frustration reaction by Ruff to losing another key guy. By sending goons out against a scoring line does not prove toughness. There were plenty of other times this year when something could have been done to fortify our standing as a tough team, and tonight was an overreaction. I am glad however that Lindy circa 1980-1988 has awakened and will hopefully start to coach like that from now on.

No, step one is not complete. He needs to learn to spell counseling right first. Last I knew Alaska was part of the USA and not Canada.

Pretty much everything west of Skagway is Western Time Zone. I was there 10 years ago and seeing Larry King Live at 5:00PM was a little disconcerting.

The GM's did just get done at their meeting where they discussed the need for player policing through fighting. I bet Lindy had that in mind when he sent the boys out there. Classic case. Ref's have thier heads up their , captain gets hurt... someone's gonna pay for it. If this is the way the league wants it to be (through their selective use of the rules, not fining late hits) then this is what they're going to get. Injured stars and brawls.

The Sabres have showed they can outscore opponents when the rules are enforced, or they can play gritty when the rules aren't enforced. They'll beat you either way.

BINGO! We have a winner, great post Orange!

The wishy-washy NHL never amazes to astound... Said effect? Exactly the opposite direction the power that be in the league want to take it!

I don't mind how you call the game... Mid 1970's or 2005-2006... Just don't call it 180 degrees apart from one ref to another, one year to another... JUST BE CONSISTENT.

Just like NO GOAL... I got no problem with it.

The NHL is the master at commiting "fatal error"... Mix in the culture, Wanye "wishy washy" Gretzky and force all teams to retire #99... And you gotta a classic dung heap of a league... Sorry for the irrational rant...

Why I watch it? For the rare year and eternal optimism that BFLO will come out top-dawg someday despite all the league's past, present, and future inconsistencies! Lame I know! :bag:

Oh... And for the record... Not you Orange, but others... AD is telling it straight up!

2) Campbell actually had Umberger's back facing him as Umberger received the puck

4) Umberger was skating straight on as Campbell came in from a 45 degree angle to hit him 1.5 strides after he received the puck

4) Drury was facing Neil almost head on as the hit occured, 1.5 strides after the puck was passed

There are 2 differences between the hits...Umberger just received the puck and Drury just got rid of it....and Umberger was in full stride while Drury was at a standstill. You are fair game after the puck is let go.

This was a frustration reaction by Ruff to losing another key guy. By sending goons out against a scoring line does not prove toughness. There were plenty of other times this year when something could have been done to fortify our standing as a tough team, and tonight was an overreaction. I am glad however that Lindy circa 1980-1988 has awakened and will hopefully start to coach like that from now on.

Are you suggesting that Ruff knew all the info you list above? That he was able to see the 1.5 strides, or that the elbow came up after the hit, or that it happened in the same timeframe as Campbell's hit? It's doubtful.

We can break it down like you did after the fact, but in the moment that it happened, it looked like a dirty hit by a player with a reputation for playing on the edge.

It wasn't an over-reaction. Show me a coach who doesn't react in the same way that Ruff did, with his captain laid out by a goon and bleeding on the ice, and I'll show you a bad coach.

I think that the response was reasonably measured. It was chaotic, but it only lasted one shift, and then the team got back to the buisness of winning the game.

Anchorage. Wouldn't matter, though. All of Alaska is on it's own time. One hour behind California. Yes, Center Ice at AD's igloo.

Even Juneau and Ketchikan are 4 hrs behind? I never knew that. Cool, I learned something new tonight, other than the fact you kow more about football than hockey. :lol: :lol:

My buddy travels to Alaska every few years in his car. He is going again this upcoming September. Maybe I will join him and we can hit up "The Igloo" and take in a Bills game. We can bring some Zweigles white hots!! :thumbsup:

Is the blue part correct?... You should be fair game if you have the puck? Not sure what you are saying here?... It is okay to pass the puck and then nail that guy at will? I have heard of finishing your check... But, where does the lateness begin? RJ was heading up the ice on a rush... What better time to body check the guy WITH THE PUCK? Same with TC... No problem there, IMO...

And Lindy is reverting because they are not calling the game according to the RULE BOOK (even if you don't agree with the new rules)... Self-preservation is a GREAT thing... Especially, under the duress of knowing that basically BFLO's farm team, The Amerks, have to play the rest of the team's NHL schedule...

You are fair game after the puck is let go.

You are 100% wrong here. Umberger was not considered to be in a vulnerable position as he had the puck. Drury was extremely vulnerable as he had just gotten rid of the puck and was pursuing the play. Just like in the NFL. Once the QB gets rid of the ball he is considered to be in a vulnerable position and is to be avoided by defenders. The exact same thing takes place in the NHL. Neil in NFL terms was roughing the QB and a penalty and suspension should be the end result. We already know there was no penalty called. We will see about a suspension.

You are 100% wrong here. Umberger was not considered to be in a vulnerable position as he had the puck. Drury was extremely vulnerable as he had just gotten rid of the puck and was pursuing the play. Just like in the NFL. Once the QB gets rid of the ball he is considered to be in a vulnerable position and is to be avoided by defenders. The exact same thing takes place in the NHL. Neil in NFL terms was roughing the QB and a penalty and suspension should be the end result. We already know there was no penalty called. We will see about a suspension.

That is what I was thinking... I thought maybe he forgot to put "not" in his sentence?

Neil will not get suspended

Peters may get suspended

Ruff may get a fine

I am afraid we are going to lose more guys Saturday. After both press conferences, game on. I don't want to hear the "fans" yell bloody murder when Ottawa has the last change in their own building and we have our guys in a mismatch. I don't think they will jump Briere, but I have a funny feeling Roy is fair game.

Peters may get suspended

Ruff may get a fine

I am afraid we are going to lose more guys Saturday. After both press conferences, game on. I don't want to hear the "fans" yell bloody murder when Ottawa has the last change in their own building and we have our guys in a mismatch. I don't think they will jump Briere, but I have a funny feeling Roy is fair game.

I am not so sure Neil won't get suspended. Ruff never mentioned sending the tape of the hit to the NHL, even though we all know they will see it over and over for the next week. He should have been penalized for charging. As for the last line change, Lindy is smart enough to know when to have the right players on the ice. He can always make quick line changes if need be. He will protect his players and I'm not worried.

Peters may get suspended

Ruff may get a fine

Ottawa is 5 points out of 8th place in the Eastern Conference. Do they care about revenge or about the points? And Lindy should have no trouble getting Mair and Co. out against the Sens tin-men.

Besides, in the last four games, Lydman, Hecht, Campbell, and Stafford have fought. Buffalo is rising to the physical challenges as they present themselves.

Peters may get suspended

Ruff may get a fine

And this is what is wrong with the league... Rules get enforced in wishy washy manner... And when that happens, honor now gets shot down...

So Ruff should just say to the league and refs all the time:

"Thank you sir, may I have another"

FUG that... Go down in a blaze of glory and hold your ideals high!

The Sens were gooning it up with our stars on the ice prior to this whole mess... Nothing wrong with a little tit-for-tat when the league does nothing or sets bad precedent during this season...

Good going NHL! You are on the fast track to obscurity!

<_<

Boy I'd love to have you as a teammate. Your captain gets hammered with a late hit, and you sit with your tail between your legs. This is hockey, when your captain goes down on a hit like that, the other team has to pay a heavy price. Lindy was 100% correct and if it wouldn't cost him a suspension I guarentee you he would have jumped over and gave Murray a whoopin too. That was good old-fashioned hockey.

We weren't trying to prove "toughness" by fighting Ottawa's skill guys, we were trying to send a message that what they did wasn't OK and if you're going to go after our skill guys, we are coming for yours even worse.

Reguardless of what happened, elbow or not, it was pre-meditated and dirty. I was watching it on large screen TV's at a local Buffalo Wild Wings and once I got home, over and over on ESPN.com's highlight section, and I thought Neil was on a freight train course with Drury. I watched carefully, and didn't see Drury turn his head to the left, and instead was looking to the puck and thats when he was blind sided.

The angles I seen, it looked to me that Neil came from behind/side, leaving Drury defenseless. I would agree that it was a legit hit IF he(Drury) was cutting up the middle with his head DOWN, like Timmy or RJ was, but Drury was not striding in any direction with speed, but was coasting on the ice after shooting the puck. To me it is a cheap shot.

The reason I say its a cheap shot, is the fact that Neil had to come out of his way(while making a a few strides to get there) to hit Drury, noticing that he wasn't going to chase the puck into the corner. Not seeing the chance on the spur of the moment and QUICKLY changing coarse to make the hit.

And I can see where Lindy was getting at by saying it was an elbow, seeing that Neil did raise up a bit and that little flailing of the elbow at the end. I think it was more of a shoulder then anything, but none the less a cheap shot.

Now, I have another bone to pick, and its with Murray and his tactics. First I find it amusing that he resorts to using childrens story's to describe what an adult said. And the excuses(helmet not on properly) he was sounding like he was showing up to a gun fight throwing pots, pans, silverware and any other useless junk out there to(try to) sound smart.

Barry Melrose commented about the fact that Murray put his top line out after a situation like what just transpired. Melrose basically said it was stupid and questioned why anyone whould do that. I would describe that situation as driving your brand new Mustang(GT 5.0) to work in an ice & snow, after knowing there was a hazardous weather forcast. He was asking for it and totally ignorant.

*** Sorry that I ranted on, but had to let it out the held up fustration. I know its my first post, I just could not hold out listening to all the BS flying around. I hope I post about more positive things in the future. Thanks for having me on the board!

Eh, on further review, Neil didn't hit him in the back but did come through outside of Drury's line of sight (basically from the side). So nevermind on my original 1st comment.

The hit definitely was dirty, but as much as I'd like to say it was "clearly" illegal; I'd say it was borderline illegal. He took a pretty good run at Chris (but maybe not enough of 1 to be called a charge), hit him from outside his line of sight (but not in the back), hit him after the puck was clearly gone (but probably not late enough for a ref having a bad game to say it wasn't "immediately" following his loss of possession as I believe no one else had touched the puck when Neil hit him), and put his shoulder into Chris' head (which isn't of itself illegal - see Stevens-Lindros for prime example of that).

In the cold light of day, I'd probably put the hit in the Stevens-Lindros category FAR MORE than put it in with the Umberger or Connolly hits. Neil knew who he was hitting and saw a chance to mess him up and took it. Was it legal? Maybe. Was it clean? Absolutely not.

Lindy absolutely was right in sending a message that that will not be tolerated.

First the hit was not from behind contact was made on the front of Drury (chin and mouth) second it was the shoulder that made contact not the elbow. Third he had way more then 1.5 strides.

Neil came form the the left side of the high slot down to the top of the right circle to put that hit one Drury. As for timing Drury had released the puck and reset to chase the play before he got hit. Neil was no closer then 3 strides (more like 4) to Drury when the puck was released. Now it should have been called either roughing for a late hit or charging due to the fact that Neil was around 2 or 3 stick lengths away from Drury when he released the puck.

So was it a hit from behind? No. Was it a elbow? No. Was it a late hit? Yes. Was it a dirty hit? Yes and the reason is not only cause of it being a late hit, it is because of the angle Neil came in at him. He came in from behind Drury and cut in front of him to make the hit. Now if Drury had the puck when Neil makes that cut in front it is a clean hard hit. But he wasn't there when Drury made the shot.

As far as I am concerned, Lindy did the right thing sending Peters, Kaleta, and Mair out there. What was Bryan Murray expecting, Lindy to break out the tea and cookies. Neil just ran over Drury, the Sabres' captain and leader, with a late hit. And it was a late hit, with intent to injure.... The puck was in the corner when Drury got hit, Neil easily could have let up. And what ever happened to the charging penalty, Neil had him line up from about 30 feet away???

Archived