Murray is a POS

Corp000085

Your final point about "(l)ast night proved nothing except the Sabres won't just stand around and take it" is what the whole thing WAS about. Teams did not believe that prior to last night. Whether their opinion has truly changed remains to be seen, but at least there is now doubt in the minds of others. That doubt will make the Sabres road an easier one.

I don't disagree with you Dave. Glad to see your rational about the entire thing. Kudos to you and the others that see it for what it was. The smell of playoffs is in the air!!!!

Good luck the rest of the way. It's scary how good your team is with so many starters out of the lineup. Miller is ACE and is probably the biggest reason the Sabres won last night. He must have stoned Heatley on 6 occasions and that glove save on Comrie during the shootout...Very nice.

Gerber did the same thing to Sykora the other night when we played the Oilers to a shootout win.

Here's hoping for the game that will likely occur Sat here in Ottawa. Tough, hard fought match without the circus atmosphere.

Maybe we'll see you all again in the playoffs. I can only imagine what a rematch series would be like in terms of Fan emotion.

And I was sincere about Drury being ok.... If you think otherwise, then that's your problem... I know who the class posters are around here. :thumbsup:

Talking about an injury, then adding "hope you can ice a team Saturday :nana: " doesn't exactly say "sincere" to me, but if that was the case, my apologies.

I think each of us have posted so much about this game that we could put out a series of books :D

Sabres fans' books would be for sale in the non-fiction section, while Sens fans (and coaching staff and players) books could be found in the fiction, possibly the sci-fi...

LOL, I bet if Peters wrote our book it would be short and sweet.............I hope he adds another McGratton chapter on Saturday............... :beer:

It's amazing.. All that has been said and written about this. While it would have elicted some response, it wouldn't have been the same if it wasn't Drury or Briere. We as fans know how linch pin these guys are to the success of the team. There would have been hooting, hollering and fists but maybe the din wouldn't be as loud if it was Hecht or Paille or...

Whether it was a deliberate act or not will truly only be known by one individual.

Been thinking about the "concussion-like symptoms" statement. That has been hanging out there for 24+ hours now. Either it was a concussion or it wasn't. Can't testing prove this? Beginning to wonder if concussion-like systems means he has a massive headache because he took two shots to the head + he was cut open by the helmet visor. I think I might be suffering concussion-like symptoms as well if I sustained that level of trauma.

And for the record I don't think Murray is a POS. I also don't believe that he couldn't have known what was about to happen. He has coached a long time in this league. He was at least partially responsible for the brawl that occurred. He's an NHL head coach for goodness sake. HOW COULD HE BE SURPRISED? It wouldn't say much about his ability and sense of the game. Maybe's he's just old and worn out.

It's amazing.. All that has been said and written about this. While it would have elicted some response, it wouldn't have been the same if it wasn't Drury or Briere. We as fans know how linch pin these guys are to the success of the team. There would have been hooting, hollering and fists but maybe the din wouldn't be as loud if it was Hecht or Paille or...

You're right, and last time I felt like this was when Patty went down in '96.

Bottom line is you don't want goons cheapshotting your players, but the #%^$#! truly hits the fan when they cheapshot your stars. I want the favor returned. I want to see them feel some pain.

Be it their skill guys pummeled everytime they're near the boards, or a nice blindside hit on that Neil, I don't really care, but either way I want to see that team of cowards get run over. Don't give a hoot about the result tonight.

The Sens fans on this board are proving they are as clueless about hockey as their favorite players are gutless. There is a reason why the Sens are repeatedly knocked out of the playoffs early. They lack heart and character. Neil came halfway across the ice to run Drury and hit him with intent to injure. The only response that is possible, especially when the officials refuse to difuse the situation by penalizing Neil appropriately, is to send a message that marginal players like Neil taking runs at your star will not be tolerated. Murray displays the same lack of guts and character as his team - no surpise. One other thing - I guarantee you that if the Sens do decide to turn the table, and send their goons against Briere, Pominville, Vanek, etc - the Sabres players will not back down and run away like those whining p*****s Spezza and Heatley.

Talking about an injury, then adding "hope you can ice a team Saturday :nana: " doesn't exactly say "sincere" to me, but if that was the case, my apologies.

A comment more directed at possible suspensions rather than injuring players. I do admit I left it open for interpretation..that's my fault.

As for suspensions... Typical spinless result from the NHL Brass. Although that's fine, we Sens are used to being subjected to a double standard from Campbell.

The Sens fans on this board are proving they are as clueless about hockey as their favorite players are gutless. There is a reason why the Sens are repeatedly knocked out of the playoffs early. They lack heart and character. Neil came halfway across the ice to run Drury and hit him with intent to injure. The only response that is possible, especially when the officials refuse to difuse the situation by penalizing Neil appropriately, is to send a message that marginal players like Neil taking runs at your star will not be tolerated. Murray displays the same lack of guts and character as his team - no surpise. One other thing - I guarantee you that if the Sens do decide to turn the table, and send their goons against Briere, Pominville, Vanek, etc - the Sabres players will not back down and run away like those whining p****s Spezza and Heatley.

Welcome to the board and good post............ :beer:

The Sens fans on this board are proving they are as clueless about hockey as their favorite players are gutless. There is a reason why the Sens are repeatedly knocked out of the playoffs early. They lack heart and character. Neil came halfway across the ice to run Drury and hit him with intent to injure. The only response that is possible, especially when the officials refuse to difuse the situation by penalizing Neil appropriately, is to send a message that marginal players like Neil taking runs at your star will not be tolerated. Murray displays the same lack of guts and character as his team - no surpise. One other thing - I guarantee you that if the Sens do decide to turn the table, and send their goons against Briere, Pominville, Vanek, etc - the Sabres players will not back down and run away like those whining p****s Spezza and Heatley.

Coming from a guy with 1 post. Ya, we're clueless although I won't despute the faq the Sens have been bounced from the playoffs more than we'd like.

As for running stars. What was the feeling when Cambpell ran Umberger last season? Is there another double standard here in Buffalo? Seems to me the knowledgable folks here understand what happened while the guys with 1 post are just lemmings reacting to trumped up media reports.

Anyway, New day, New game... NHL in attendance so nothing will happen tonight.

Coming from a guy with 1 post. Ya, we're clueless although I won't despute the faq the Sens have been bounced from the playoffs more than we'd like.

As for running stars. What was the feeling when Cambpell ran Umberger last season? Is there another double standard here in Buffalo? Seems to me the knowledgable folks here understand what happened while the guys with 1 post are just lemmings reacting to trumped up media reports.

Anyway, New day, New game... NHL in attendance so nothing will happen tonight.

You calling Umberger a Star? and that hit was str8t up brother, no behind the back sidewinder hit......... :angry:

Get your facts str8t son.

You calling Umberger a Star? and that hit was str8t up brother, no behind the back sidewinder hit......... :angry:

Get your facts str8t son.

Facts

Star or not... What does it matter. Chris Neil has been taking regular shifts on the top line for sometime now. He leads the league in Hits. Drury should have known that. Guys have been delivering hits like that for eons. Why is it so terrible now that it involves Drury when in fact the Sabres are just as guilty for it in the past? Please... There are no double standards allowed just because it's Buffalo.

Well, apparently hockey knowledge equates to regular posting on message boards. Who knew? I will not dignify the idiocy of that comment with further response. As for Cambell's hit, Umberger had the puck - big difference.

Facts

Star or not... What does it matter. Chris Neil has been taking regular shifts on the top line for sometime now. He leads the league in Hits. Drury should have known that. Guys have been delivering hits like that for eons. Why is it so terrible now that it involves Drury when in fact the Sabres are just as guilty for it in the past? Please... There are no double standards allowed just because it's Buffalo.

A cheap hit is a cheap hit no mater who it is on, or who it comes from. Its one thing to be a big hitter, and quite another to take a deliberate run to injure, which is what he did. (and he has done it before) So Drury should have known that Neil would leave his position and man to charge him? Give me a break.

Facts

True.

But, here is the truth:

The whole double standard is the WHOLE FREAKIN' LEAGUE... BFLO included!

Everything is a farce... And again... I am basically saying that BFLO is to blame along with others and equally propogates the sh*t this league passes off...

The NHL better get its head out of its arse... Because it will become the "law of the west" out there... Suspensions, fines, what not... Who cares?... And when there is no just "deputy" of the law out there enforcing the rules... You shoot first and ask questions later...

Kudos to Ruff... He seems to follow the same philosophy??

And don't me wrong... I am all for it if that is what it turns out to be... You'd see me snapping up more tickets to these games just to watch the show!

I must be an anarchist?... ;)

:o

Facts

So in other words, Chris Drury should've have expected Neil to change lanes, and put a late hit on him then?

Here's another one for you : Andrew Peters leads The Sabres in majors. He fights, has done so for for eons. Adam Mair leads the team in penalty minutes, and he too fights.

So by that twisted piece of "logic" you just presented, your little tin-men, purse carriers should've known what was in store for them when they decided to step on the ice after your top goon took out our captain with a late cheapshot to the head.

Well, apparently hockey knowledge equates to regular posting on message boards. Who knew? I will not dignify the idiocy of that comment with further response. As for Cambell's hit, Umberger had the puck - big difference.

A cheap hit is a cheap hit no mater who it is on, or who it comes from. Its one thing to be a big hitter, and quite another to take a deliberate run to injure, which is what he did. (and he has done it before) So Drury should have known that Neil would leave his position and man to charge him? Give me a break.

Ok smart guy...

Was Drury ko'd by the hit or was it when his head impacted the ice?

Would Drury have gotten up had his lid stayed on?

Was it intent to injure, or just a guy playing his regular shift who caught a guy with his head down which most hitters live for.

Was the Injury a direct result of the hit or a fluke outcome because a secondary event happend?

Let's call it what it was. A fluke which had unfortunate results.

If it's the hit that ko'd Drury, then maybe Buffalo should go play a non-contact sport instead.

So by that twisted piece of "logic" you just presented, your little tin-men, purse carriers should've known what was in store for them when they decided to step on the ice after your top goon took out our captain with a late cheapshot to the head.

Chris Neil fought Stafford. That should have been the end of the incident, So Murray puts out his top line. Buffalo has last change - your logic is ridiculous.

Was it intent to injure, or just a guy playing his regular shift who caught a guy with his head down which most hitters live for.

Watch the video. Drury's head wasn't down, it was following the puck. And any player's helmet would have come off from that shoulder to head hit.

Watch the video. Drury's head wasn't down, it was following the puck. And any player's helmet would have come off from that shoulder to head hit

If it was following the puck, that means he was looking at the ice. If You've played hockey thats what having your head down is. He was admiring his pass. Any player that doesnt have his helmet on properly will have his helmet fly off in a shoulder to head hit. If its tightened up how its supposed to be it will stay on. Most players just find it to be uncomfortable.

Chris Neil fought Stafford. That should have been the end of the incident, So Murray puts out his top line. Buffalo has last change - your logic is ridiculous.

Fought Stafford? And you seriously want me to believe Murray thought that would be the end of things with that little scrum?

My logic is fine thanks. Why would Lindy want to waste time on a doofus like Neil, when he really wanted to send a message, which was : "Go after our top guys, we come looking for yours"?

Did you ever watch this game before?

Keep that in mind for the future. It won't happen tonight but I'll tell you what.

The message Ruff sent just unleashed 28 other teams in this league to take it to Buffalo.

What he did will do more harm to Buffalo than it will to Ottawa because teams know how to take the Sabres off their game now.

Archived