Murray is a POS

Corp000085

Keep that in mind for the future. It won't happen tonight but I'll tell you what.

The message Ruff sent just unleashed 28 other teams in this league to take it to Buffalo.

What he did will do more harm to Buffalo than it will to Ottawa because teams know how to take the Sabres off their game now.

Now I understand why you guys always choke in the playoffs.

Let me refresh your memory - You guys LOST last night, or did you forget? Against team short 7? regulars too.

I'm done, go waste someone elses time.

My logic is fine thanks. Why would Lindy want to waste time on a doofus like Neil, when he really wanted to send a message, which was : "Go after our top guys, we come looking for yours"?

If that is the case come back and HIT the top guys. Buffalo is viewed as a "soft" team, not because of their unwillingness to fight, but because of their unwillingness to play the body.

If that is the case come back and HIT the top guys. Buffalo is viewed as a "soft" team, not because of their unwillingness to fight, but because of their unwillingness to play the body.

Call me old fashioned, but I for one would rather have someone drop his gloves in front of me, than than blindside me and clean my clock.

That's a cowards move.

True... But they play and adapt to the rules... The rules want more scoring and don't emphasize the body as much as old school hockey... That is fine... That is the way they are set up...

BFLO has always played by the rules first... Reeks of NO GOAL...

The league is too wishy-washy... Either way, I want consistency with the league... What was a penalty last is not this years... Same rules on the books... What gives?

Even you gotta admit BFLO is getting the shaft... No conspiracy theories either.

I work for the federal gov't... And the way the NHL handles things is the same exact way... Wishy-washy to the max!

I love what you wrote Kristian. I hate the Senators w/ a passion. I agree w/ your idea of how the rest of the league perceives the Sabres and Senators. Buffalo has shown they can still win when teams try to go after them. Ottawa has shown they won't fight back, which means other NHL teams will take it to them. Go Sabres tonight! I hope they beat the crap out of Ottawa; both in score and in fights.

Keep that in mind for the future. It won't happen tonight but I'll tell you what.

The message Ruff sent just unleashed 28 other teams in this league to take it to Buffalo.

What he did will do more harm to Buffalo than it will to Ottawa because teams know how to take the Sabres off their game now.

Bring it on!

The blackhawks have fans?

My misguided 8 year son... Unfortuantely... :bag: :bag:

If it was following the puck, that means he was looking at the ice. If You've played hockey thats what having your head down is. He was admiring his pass. Any player that doesnt have his helmet on properly will have his helmet fly off in a shoulder to head hit. If its tightened up how its supposed to be it will stay on. Most players just find it to be uncomfortable.

You are SO ignorantly stupid! The puck was 40 feet in front of him, his head was not looking down, but forward jackass. Admiring his pass? You are getting dumber by the minute. It was a dump or shot into the corner. You obviously don't know crap about hockey.

Dagwood, that's just a completely idiotic statement. I've laid off your jibberish to this point, but this is ridiculous. If this chain of events took Buffalo off their game, then how is it that they proceeded to beat the Senators with half of their team? And the idea of unleashing 28 other teams on them? If the other 28 saw anything from this it is to go after Ottawa because you can treat them like a bunch of whiny b!tches on the ice and they'll just stand around and take it.

Dagwood, that's just a completely idiotic statement. I've laid off your jibberish to this point, but this is ridiculous. If this chain of events took Buffalo off their game, then how is it that they proceeded to beat the Senators with half of their team? And the idea of unleashing 28 other teams on them? If the other 28 saw anything from this it is to go after Ottawa because you can treat them like a bunch of whiny b!tches on the ice and they'll just stand around and take it.

Dude, I owe you one of these : :beer:

You are SO ignorantly stupid! The puck was 40 feet in front of him, his head was not looking down, but forward jackass. Admiring his pass? You are getting dumber by the minute. It was a dump or shot into the corner. You obviously don't know crap about hockey.

He must have watched a different game.

Ok smart guy...

Was Drury ko'd by the hit or was it when his head impacted the ice?

Would Drury have gotten up had his lid stayed on?

Was it intent to injure, or just a guy playing his regular shift who caught a guy with his head down which most hitters live for.

Was the Injury a direct result of the hit or a fluke outcome because a secondary event happend?

Let's call it what it was. A fluke which had unfortunate results.

If it's the hit that ko'd Drury, then maybe Buffalo should go play a non-contact sport instead.

What is the difference whether the hit gave him the concussion or the impact of the ice did? It was still a cheap shot. He left his position, his man, took three big strides across the ice and hit him high and halfway from behind at least two to three seconds after the puck was gone. That is the point. It would have been a fluke if he was not injured. I know the argument is wasted, but I thought I would point out the obvious one more time. Neil will eventually get his, although I doubt it will be tonight. Hopefully the league will do something about this moron before he ends someone's career.

What is the difference whether the hit gave him the concussion or the impact of the ice did? It was still a cheap shot. He left his position, his man, took three big strides across the ice and hit him high and halfway from behind at least two to three seconds after the puck was gone. That is the point. It would have been a fluke if he was not injured. I know the argument is wasted, but I thought I would point out the obvious one more time. Neil will eventually get his, although I doubt it will be tonight. Hopefully the league will do something about this moron before he ends someone's career.

That (Neil's action and subsequent hit) is apparently legal in this league... Which IS OKAY WITH ME... Then the part where the NHL screws up... You want to play old-time hockey? Then suffer at the hands of what Ruff did by sending his goon line out...

This is the point that is lost on most people here and where the league is going wrong...

One incident feeds the other... You can't allow one (Neil's hit) and disallow anonther (Ruff's self-policing)...

Sad... A truly sad state the NHL is in...

Only saving grace is this before the playoffs and not happening in say game 6 of the Cup finals...

Ottawa is Ottawa. The perception of our team has existed for years so there is no change regarding that. It's regular season for gods sake. Hold off on the parade plans.

Have you looked at your teams remaining sched yet?

Leafs x 3

Devils x 2

Habs x 2

Penguins x 2

Bruins

Ligtning

Islanders

Thrashers

Caps

and a back to back home stand vs Colorado, and the Wild.

Notice anything? All of those teams are fighting to secure a playoff spot or pride. If you think for one second any of them are going to respect your players because of Mair, Peters and whomever else Ruff puts out then you are dead wrong.

If I'm a Sabres fan, I wouldn't worry too much about Ottawa. I'd be more worried about having to keep a healthy roster down the strecth and putting a Mair, Peters etc out against the top lines, Isn't going to change any of that.

That (Neil's action and subsequent hit) is apparently legal in this league... Which IS OKAY WITH ME... Then the part where the NHL screws up... You want to play old-time hockey? Then suffer at the hands of what Ruff did by sending his goon line out...

This is the point that is lost on most people here and where the league is going wrong...

One incident feeds the other... You can't allow one (Neil's hit) and disallow anonther (Ruff's self-policing)...

Only saving grace is this before the playoffs and not happening in say game 6 of the Cup finals...

I'm pretty sure all NHL fans agree with the fact the NHL has double standards.

Exiled, I agree with you to a point. I do think the hit was illegal and should have been punished, during the game. It was the failure of the officiating crew to penalize Neil that caused Ruff to blow a gasket and respond the only way he could. If it is apparent to the players and coaches that headhunting will be allowed (in general or in a particular game), then they need to respond to protect the players themselves. I agree you can not allow one and not the other, or you have the chaos that exists now. The double standard is completely bush league and helps make the NHL the joke it is big time sports in the US. Either police it properly on both sides, or go back to the old self policing approach completely, but the current state of affairs is unaceptable.

Ottawa is Ottawa. The perception of our team has existed for years so there is no change regarding that. It's regular season for gods sake. Hold off on the parade plans.

Have you looked at your teams remaining sched yet?

Leafs x 3

Devils x 2

Habs x 2

Penguins x 2

Bruins

Ligtning

Islanders

Thrashers

Caps

and a back to back home stand vs Colorado, and the Wild.

Notice anything? All of those teams are fighting to secure a playoff spot or pride. If you think for one second any of them are going to respect your players because of Mair, Peters and whomever else Ruff puts out then you are dead wrong.

Are The Sabres the Broad Street Bullies? Of course not. Are other teams afraid of playing them? Who knows, but if they are it's hardly due to their fighting prowess, who cares anyway?

Last night wasn't about who fears who, it was about Neil disrepecting Drury. At least both Mair and Peters gave The Hilton Sisters a chance to stick up for themselves, which they readily declined, their mascara's messy with tears. Seconds later they were offered a second chance, this time to stick up for their goalie, but reports indicate that a mouse had run onto the ice, scaring the sisters out of their wits once again.

Neil never gave Drury the chance to stick up for himself.

The only thing you and I can agree on is that the league has double standards.

If I'm a Sabres fan, I wouldn't worry too much about Ottawa. I'd be more worried about having to keep a healthy roster down the strecth

In case you haven't noticed, most of our starters are out until just before the playoffs. Our roster really can't get much worse right now. Come the playoffs, we should be pretty damn healthy.

Now your team on the other hand, they can be the healthiest team in the league going into the playoffs, but you'll most likely still get bounced in the first round again.

If it was following the puck, that means he was looking at the ice. If You've played hockey thats what having your head down is. He was admiring his pass. Any player that doesnt have his helmet on properly will have his helmet fly off in a shoulder to head hit. If its tightened up how its supposed to be it will stay on. Most players just find it to be uncomfortable.

I'm not so certain about that. I don't know if Chris had his chin strap on properly before the hit, but I do know that he has in the past worn it properly because my kids have some hockey cards of Drury and the strap is on properly in them. Again, I don't know if he had it on properly in this particular game or not.

A hockey helmet is primarily for protection from a player's head hitting the ice or boards or catching a stick in the noggin, not from a player driving his shoulder through another player's head. Just because the helmet came off doesn't necessarily mean that he didn't have it on properly. I've seen several plays in football where a helmet comes off as the result of a viscious hit and that helmet IS designed to stay on when someone puts a helmet or shoulder into a guy's head comes off. As Chris' head twisted from the force of the hit, it is very possible that a "properly" worn chin strap could have come loose. (Again, I'm not saying it was on properly or not, but the fact that it came off does not prove that it wasn't on properly.)

EDIT: Thanks to Knightrider for clearing up the question of whether the chinstrap was on tight or not. It appears it wasn't. I still believe the hit that Neil threw, causing Drury's head to twist could have knocked the helmet off regardless of how a single chinstrap was worn.

And although Captain Constipated claims Drury was "admiring his pass", he's looking at the puck in the far corner of the ice; you are being as silly as your team's coach if you are claiming that Drury's head was down. Drury was upright and Neil put his shoulder into Drury's head. Neil DID hit Drury high. And doing THAT from a player's blindside IS dirty.

I completely 100% disagree with this statement. Had the Sabres just let the Sens get away with a cheap shot on their captain, it would have sent a message to the league.

As it is, the message it sent to the league is the Sabres will go after your studs if you @#$@%! with theirs.

Also, I don't see where the instigator penalties the Sabres took "took them off their game". The Sabres won the game.

If anything, it might make other teams reflect on their planned strategy of banging the @%!% out of the Sabres. There is absolutely no way that NJ is MORE likely to go after Briere than they were before when they know Gionta could receive whatever cheap hit the Devils start with.

Archived