Murray is a POS

Corp000085

Mair on Spezza wasn't bad because Spezza is a big boy. Peters almost went Bertuzzi on Heatly, then grabbed Emery. I think you are right...we will need to call up 2 more guys for Drury and Peters most likely. I wonder what everyone who thinks we were tough guys tonight will think when someone runs Miller then starts punching him when his helmet is off? Emery had mercy on Marty. I was laughing so hard when he had him down because I really thought he was going to teabag him for pure humiliation.

You are right here. Emery could have pummeled Biron, but I think he had the respect for the other goalie that he knew he could whoop. He was even laughing when Biron tripped him up from the ice by yanking his right pillow. I don't think Emery did anyting wrong. Biron was just as willing, but probably crapping himself at the same time.

Mair on Spezza wasn't bad because Spezza is a big boy. Peters almost went Bertuzzi on Heatly, then grabbed Emery. I think you are right...we will need to call up 2 more guys for Drury and Peters most likely. I wonder what everyone who thinks we were tough guys tonight will think when someone runs Miller then starts punching him when his helmet is off? Emery had mercy on Marty. I was laughing so hard when he had him down because I really thought he was going to teabag him for pure humiliation.

Well if Emery doesn't want to get punched in the head, tell him to stay in his damn crease. If Miller gets run and then punched in the head, we should expect that whoever is goal for the Senators will receive the same treatment.

Hopefully Miller is smart enough to stay in his crease when the opposing team sends out the goon squad. And if he does leave his crease, hopefully he takes it a bit more seriously than Emery seemed to take it (although, I admit, Emery was fun to watch).

I wonder what everyone who thinks we were tough guys tonight will think when someone runs Miller then starts punching him when his helmet is off?

Here is my challenge.....Briere goes with Alfredson, Vanek goes with Spezza, etc, and I will shut up and get off the Sabres case.

The Sabres won an emotional game tonight with a bunch of AHLers. Though they apparently proved nothing to you, most everyone else around here is excited as hell. Would you just quit making up scenarios like this and let people enjoy a great win for the Sabres? They'll take care of themselves just fine in the next game.

Ruff is the loser. He put his goons onto star players, in retaliation for a CLEAN hit, that happened to look bad. What a whiner. Think if Mcgratton, Neil, and Volchenkov had started punching Briere in the head???? Come on. it was nonsense. And what's with Peters attacking a goalie? He was already fighting Biron.

3-to-4 seconds? Dude, it was a "one-onethousand" count, if that. It was late but it wasn't late by very much. It was a hard hit by a hard-nosed player. Adam Mair does it just about every night, but he's rarely on the ice with another team's captain.

Murray is an idiot for whining about it. They had to know Lindy wasn't going to stand for it but they sent their top line out anyway.

I have to disagree with you. Look at the replay, watch it in normal speed...Neil had enough time to recognize WHO that was and decide to level him. Have you played hockey? Believe it or not, 1-2 seconds is enough time for someone's brain to see someone else's face and know who they are, when you're cutting across center ice. And after that, he took his shot and he connected and props to Stafford for stepping in and doing the right thing.

On the other issue involved, whether it was an elbow or a shoulder, it's too tough to see IMO unless someone has the reverse angle replay because I haven't seen it. From the angle I have seen, it looked like an elbow because of the follow-through, but I wouldn't rule out a shoulder. Murray's contention that it was Drury's fault for "wearing his helmet wrong" was one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

Whether it was or wasn't an elbow IMO is still up for debate, but I don't think there's ANY question that it was a late hit, and thus a dirty hit.

BTW, anyone see Ruff after the shouting match with Murray? He was squirting water into his mouth like a player would. I think he wished he could suit up and fight someone. You gotta love that.

He's a hard-nosed player. I've said that before and every team has them. It's a friggin' rivalry hockey game. Neil threw a check and it was a little late. Big friggin' deal.

Take a midol, it'll help with the cramping.

No offense AD, but I have my opinion and when Lindy Ruff, who happens to know a little bit about the game has the same opinion, I'll go with that. Lindy is not one to make excuses for anything unless they are warranted. His gripe with Neil is 100% warranted IMO and many others. It was nothing like Umbergers hit, Connolly's hit or Stevens hit on Lindros. Drury did not have the puck near him when he got hit. That's wrong.

Now go get some rest you grumpy bastard. ;)

I have to disagree with you. Look at the replay, watch it in normal speed...Neil had enough time to recognize WHO that was and decide to level him. Have you played hockey? Believe it or not, 1-2 seconds is enough time for someone's brain to see someone else's face and know who they are, when you're cutting across center ice. And after that, he took his shot and he connected and props to Stafford for stepping in and doing the right thing.

Dude, I've watched that hit on Tivo at least two dozen times. It was barely a second and it's just not that big a deal. 2 seconds? For Christ's sake "I" can get from the blue line to the goal line in 2 seconds and I haven't played in 3 years. Was it late? Sure? Is it horrific? Nope.

Thanks for letting me in on the secret of lining guys up. <_<

Ruff is the loser. He put his goons onto star players, in retaliation for a CLEAN hit, that happened to look bad. What a whiner. Think if Mcgratton, Neil, and Volchenkov had started punching Briere in the head???? Come on. it was nonsense. And what's with Peters attacking a goalie? He was already fighting Biron.

I think you mistyped your screen name. Shouldn't it read "retardfan"?

You're team lost to the Rochester Amerks. I understand that's hard to take. But you just look like a total :censored: coming over hear and posting crap like this. Go back to your Ottawa board and cry on their shoulders.

Dude, I've watched that hit on Tivo at least two dozen times. It was barely a second and it's just not that big a deal. 2 seconds? For Christ's sake "I" can get from the blue line to the goal line in 2 seconds and I haven't played in 3 years. Was it late? Sure? Is it horrific? Nope.

So if a human being is laying on the ice with a gaping gash in his forehead, with blood drainig out of it like a faucet isn't horrific, all resulting from a late hit, then WTF is in your opinion? I'm just curious in your train of thinking.

Ruff owns the Jack Adams trophy, coached in the All-Star game, and has a perfect record in playoff series against the Senators. He's a winner.

I guess if Mair would have thrown the same hit against Alfie, with the same result, Murray and the Sens fans would just pat Mair on the back and say nice 'clean' hit. That's the loser mentality.

Murray puts out his tin-man skill players after a border line hit with the Sabres bench and crowd going nuts? Emery leaves the crease with Sabres goons on the ice? Really, how stupid are the Senators? What were you guys expecting? C'mon I'd expect this clueless reaction from the Caniacs, not from Ottawa fans.

You guys chirping that it was a clean hit because of the timing (admittedly about a second) are not using much common sense. Look at where the puck is when Neil makes contact. It's behind the net. Every other player on the ice has already reacted to the puck. Hell, the Sabre near the center of the offensive zone (Pominville?) has covered half the width of the ice between the time Drury let go of the puck and the time he gets hit. Either Neil has slower reflexes than my 100 year old grandfather or he ran Drury on purpose. Whether it is "clean" by the letter of the rules is totally irrelevant.

wow... says the NHL needs to take care of "this" or else they will on saturday.

Without getting too many people offended by me being here. There SHOULD be a suspension to Ruff as he did send out his goons to attack Ottawa's top line. Murray might not be the best coach but hes not a goon coach, or a "POS" - I guarantee Mcgrattan will atleast have the class to go after Peeters and or Mair on Saturday and not grab Briere and pummel the #%^$#! out of him. As easy as that would be for him to do.

Btw. Saying Ottawa lost to the Rochester Amerk's... You must not know Hockey very well

So if a human being is laying on the ice with a gaping gash in his forehead, with blood drainig out of it like a faucet isn't horrific, all resulting from a late hit, then WTF is in your opinion? I'm just curious in your train of thinking.

Ooh, a hockey player is bleeding. I better get some tissues for the tears. When did the NHL become "Extreme Makeover, Wuss Edition"?

What are you looking for? A Frankenstein Mob? Was it late? Sure. Was it dirty? A little. So are about 30 other plays every period that most people don't notice. It's friggin' hockey.

Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

No he didn't. That's a simple physics lesson. After making impact, you tend to raise your arms to keep balance. There was no elbow involved in that play. I remember the idiot Flyers fans saying the same thing about Soupy when he crushed Umberger.

I agree.

Thanks for the physics lesson buddy. What is your deal?

If your goons had started punching Briere after someone like Peters or Mair had laid out Alfredsson with the same dirty hit, most of us would say it's tit for tat. Peters fighting Emery? Questionable at best. But at least I'll admit it.

We welcome anyone with intuitive, well thought-out opinions grounded in common sense to this board. Yours isn't.

You're team lost to the Rochester Amerks. I understand that's hard to take. But you just look like a total :censored: coming over hear and posting crap like this. Go back to your Ottawa board and cry on their shoulders.

Whatever. it was a good game, and went to extra shooters, so I'm not crying at all. Injured teams are tough teams. You can't use injury as an excuse to goon it up, attacking goaltenders, and punching stars in the face. Suck it up, and deal with the fact that your coach majorly pissed himself, embarassing everyone.

Without getting too many people offended by me being here. There SHOULD be a suspension to Ruff as he did send out his goons to attack Ottawa's top line. Murray might not be the best coach but hes not a goon coach, or a "POS" - I guarantee Mcgrattan will atleast have the class to go after Peeters and or Mair on Saturday and not grab Briere and pummel the #%^$#! out of him. As easy as that would be for him to do.

Btw. Saying Ottawa lost to the Rochester Amerk's... You must not know Hockey very well

Please tell me you're not Canadian. If you are, you should be forced to give up your citizenship and move to Europe.

For all the times your team has been accused of being gutless and getting knocked out of the playoffs because of it, I'd pipe the fug down.

Whatever. it was a good game, and went to extra shooters, so I'm not crying at all. Injured teams are tough teams. You can't use injury as an excuse to goon it up, attacking goaltenders, and punching stars in the face. Suck it up, and deal with the fact that your coach majorly pissed himself, embarassing everyone.

Which is why your coach initiated the screaming match by standing on the dasher like the friggin' ballerina squad he's been leading.

Let me be the first to congratulate McGratton on getting his ass kicked, AGAIN, by Andrew Peters.

Seeing how you claim to be a Senators fan, I would at least think you would know how to spell Brian McGratton's name. Can you spell retarded?

As for getting beat by the Amerks, at one point in the game there were more Amerk plyers on the bench than actual Sabres players. It is safe to say Ottawa got beat by "The Amerks".

Please tell me you're not Canadian. If you are, you should be forced to give up your citizenship and move to Europe.

For all the times your team has been accused of being gutless and getting knocked out of the playoffs because of it, I'd pipe the fug down.

Which is why your coach initiated the screaming match by standing on the dasher like the friggin' ballerina squad he's been leading.

Dude, you sound more like a Senators fan than a Sabres fan

Yet I don't see anyone on the Sabres seeming to be embarassed ... rather, it seems to be Murray who is embarassed for being outcoached by Lindy yet again.

I'd say "please don't judge me" but I could give a flying crap.

It's called the voice of reason.

All I'm saying is that after one of the best, most entertaining, adrenaline pumping games of the year for our Sabres, all your doing is sticking up for the Senators fans crying on this board.

Archived