Fedetenko to be a Sabre in 24-72 hours

Two or less

Last two times he has posted that a trade is nearing, he was right on... Brad Stuart and Peter Forsberg. Now he claims Ruslan Fedetenko will be a Buffalo Sabre within the next 24-72 hours, so extra insurance for the two game series against Ottawa. Thoughts?

hockeybuzz.com has the rumour.

I wasn't gonna start it's own thread but i think this will become a real deal so i figured it needed it's own thread.

Last two times he has posted that a trade is nearing, he was right on... Brad Stuart and Peter Forsberg. Now he claims Ruslan Fedetenko will be a Buffalo Sabre within the next 24-72 hours, so extra insurance for the two game series against Ottawa. Thoughts?

hockeybuzz.com has the rumour.

I wasn't gonna start it's own thread but i think this will become a real deal so i figured it needed it's own thread.

Any word on who would be involved in that deal, or if it would just be for picks if it were to happen?

I have no clue. I have no inside info haha, i just trust Eklund, and i think people are dumb when they read his column, because he reports everything he knows about deals, but if you read into what he writes, like when he wrote about Stuart/Primeau to Calgary and Forsberg to Nashville, and when he's confident and says it will happen soon or gives a time frame like "before their next game" or "24-72" hours, it usually happens.

But his payroll for this year is $1.6 so his cap hit must be around $2 million im guessing... idk.

What about the Sabres "kicking the Ryan Smyth tires"?

That's a pefect example of people dissing Eklund, people assume that means Symth will go to Ducks, Wings or Sabres (i think those 3 are the teams he named).... he just probably means Darcy is gonna call Kevin Lowe and see what the asking price is... no biggie, GMs do it every day....... but the Fedetenko, if Eklund gets this wrong i will be shocked.

I have no clue. I have no inside info haha, i just trust Eklund, and i think people are dumb when they read his column, because he reports everything he knows about deals, but if you read into what he writes, like when he wrote about Stuart/Primeau to Calgary and Forsberg to Nashville, and when he's confident and says it will happen soon or gives a time frame like "before their next game" or "24-72" hours, it usually happens.

But his payroll for this year is $1.6 so his cap hit must be around $2 million im guessing... idk.

His cap hit is 1.65 according to http://www.nhlnumbers.com/

As usual with Eklund, I will believe it when I see it.

That's a pefect example of people dissing Eklund, people assume that means Symth will go to Ducks, Wings or Sabres (i think those 3 are the teams he named).... he just probably means Darcy is gonna call Kevin Lowe and see what the asking price is... no biggie, GMs do it every day....... but the Fedetenko, if Eklund gets this wrong i will be shocked.

Eklund? Is that you? Quit trolling our board.

With a cap hit like that....doesn't Biron have to be in the mix? Plus, I don't interpret his post to mean that Fedetenko WILL be Sabre in the next 24-27

"The Sabres are VERY interested in Ruslan Fedotenko, and I expect that we could see something there in the next 24-72 hours."....not the part that says, we could..........

Eklund? Is that you? Quit trolling our board.

lol

No, i'm just a fan of his site, and he's been right many times, and this year twice big time and he was dissed both times. He reported Forsberg to Nashville at like 1pm that day, people laughed and dissed him, and then when TSN reported it at like 4pm, people were like uhh wtf... you just need to read into what he writes, and the rest is just talk. GMs talk to GMs daily... and he reports it.

Eklund haters just think that if a GM talks to a GM a trade MUST be done.

if it happens it'd be a decent deal, as long as we don't give up too much. fedotenko is a ufa after the season, so he'd be a rental. he can throw his weight around on occasion and has a decent shot, but hasn't been able to hit the broad side of a barn of late. he's be a good 3rd liner, filling in for kotalik on the drury line, or something along those lines.

478,000 in salary cap room to be exact. (if Biron is going the other way)

i don't see why everyone thinks marty would go to tampa. they have two capable goalies, and marty wouldn't be much of an upgrade over either.

holmqvist has been great lately and they want to sign him to a multi-year deal.

denis has not lived up to expectations, but he makes even more than marty ($2.8 mil).

i can't see too many teams lining up to take denis and they're up against the cap anyway. i'm not saying it won't/can't happen, but i just don't understand why they'd do it.

lol

No, i'm just a fan of his site, and he's been right many times, and this year twice big time and he was dissed both times. He reported Forsberg to Nashville at like 1pm that day, people laughed and dissed him, and then when TSN reported it at like 4pm, people were like uhh wtf... you just need to read into what he writes, and the rest is just talk. GMs talk to GMs daily... and he reports it.

Eklund haters just think that if a GM talks to a GM a trade MUST be done.

I see your point, I just think the reason people get fed up with him (myself included) is that many of us don't want to hear anything linking teams to certain players unless it is a legitimate possibility. Like you said with the Ryan Smyth thing, I am sure Darcy could call and see what, if anything, Edmonton would like in return. But that is just common sense, I wouldn't classify that as a "rumored deal."

As far as the Fedotenko thing, I sincerely doubt it and I hope it isn't true. I'd much rather see Gary Roberts or a tougher guy come in here. Let's not just make a deal for the sake of making a deal, we need a definite upgrade in terms of defense and toughness. Does Fedotenko fulfill either of those needs?

I would be a little disappointed in only getting fedetenko for biron...I have been saying all along the Sabes should deal Biron but I would much rather see a defensman with an edge coming back instead of a forward. I feel we are going to be fine at forward but our defense just gets pushed around and fold to the pressure a little more than i am comfortable with for a team expected to play for the Cup.. Hopefully it would be for a pick or a lower level prospect. I wish we had Zhitnik still..He sure could log the minutes and always played with an edge..Not that it would ever happen but I would gladly do a Biron for Zhitnik trade....

Let's not just make a deal for the sake of making a deal, we need a definite upgrade in terms of defense and toughness. Does Fedotenko fulfill either of those needs?

I agree. I hope all the talk hasn't made Darcy antsy to make any deal that comes his way. I want a trade too...but I would rather have no trade at all than a bad trade made for the sake of making a trade.

Berkhoel is currently allocated to Dayton in the ECHL. If we deal Biron and get no netminders back, then Adam Dennis moves up. Dennis has looked sharp at times, but is not near ready for even a backup position in the NHL. He's only played in 19 games this year.

I was just making a funny...

I would be a little disappointed in only getting fedetenko for biron

as would i, but the truth is that buffalo no longer has much bargaining power. with all the injuries to the team, other gms know that we're desperate (or at least more so than before). that gives all potential suitors a big advantage. we'll get less for marty now then we would have before the injuries to max and kotalik.

Archived