Fedetenko to be a Sabre in 24-72 hours

Two or less

Who would be our back up in goal? Is the kid in Rochester ready to play in the NHL??

He's not even close to being NHL ready - let alone for a playoff bound Cup contender...

BUT both Boucher ($475,000) and Lalime ($700,000) are available in Chicago, so I could see one of them going our way for a draft pick if we unload Marty and get some cap space

I have to say I'm shocked that the Sabres want Fedetenko. Take him off a line that has either St.Louis, Lecavalier or Richards on it, and he's invisible. Then again, I suppose he'd be on a line with Drury or Briere, so maybe he would work out.

He has cup experience and I believe he scored the winner in game 7 for the Lightning. But still, I'd have to categorize him as soft.

Roberts, Guerin, or lord above, Ryan Smyth would do wonders on this team. No Tkachuk though, not a fan of that guy. Fedetenko.....I hope not.

I wish we had Zhitnik still..He sure could log the minutes and always played with an edge..Not that it would ever happen but I would gladly do a Biron for Zhitnik trade....

But then none of our forwards would go within 20 feet of the net with him back there.

this whole trade issue is wrecking me i can't work i need to know what is gonna happen or is nothing gonna happen? This is the year that we finally have our shot and i hope that they don't blow their chances, dump some salary get rid of kotalik, trade a #1 pick whatever but get some size and d.

He has cup experience and I believe he scored the winner in game 7 for the Lightning.

Anybody who scored 12 goals in one Stanley Cup run, as Fedotenko did for the Lightning, can play on my team any time.

If Biron went for Fedotenko and the Sabres used the extra space to go get Guerin, would you be in favor of that package?

But then none of our forwards would go within 20 feet of the net with him back there.

LOL..I am sure Varada's ear is still ringing..

Anybody who scored 12 goals in one Stanley Cup run, as Fedotenko did for the Lightning, can play on my team any time.

If Biron went for Fedotenko and the Sabres used the extra space to go get Guerin, would you be in favor of that package?

I would as long as we get a defensman that has a an edge to him some where in the deals

With Varada back on the team, he and Ryan Miller could actually team up to re-create the Geico cave-man commercials in between periods to keep the locker-room loose.

Fedetenko was clutch for the Lightning in their cup year. I guess the reason I'm not big on this trade is that it may be that the Sabres can only make one move, outside of Adams. If they can get Guerin as well, sure, I don't mind getting Fedetenko. But if it's only Fedetenko, I'm not sure he fills the needs we have.

Dennis has looked sharp at times, but is not near ready for even a backup position in the NHL.

I've heard both Paul Hamilton and a Rochester D&C reporter say the same thing on WGR.

I like the idea of the Adams deal better. Doesn't screw up the core of the team.

With Varada back on the team, he and Ryan Miller could actually team up to re-create the Geico cave-man commercials in between periods to keep the locker-room loose.

Fedetenko was clutch for the Lightning in their cup year. I guess the reason I'm not big on this trade is that it may be that the Sabres can only make one move, outside of Adams. If they can get Guerin as well, sure, I don't mind getting Fedetenko. But if it's only Fedetenko, I'm not sure he fills the needs we have.

I actually would like Varada back right about now. At least he hits/can play tough. He's supposedly playing for HC Davos in the Swiss League right now, so he's ready to go!

To be honest, I don't get the Fedotenko talk. I think he costs too much, and doesn't fit well enough with the Sabres scheme.

I'd rather see the club bring in a more defensive minded center who excells at face-offs and cycling the puck. To me, you need some added grit somewhere to succeed in the playoffs. You know right now that Peters isn't going to be playing and you need to have someone you can play with Mair and be an effective energy line. To me, this is where Kevyn Adams makes SOOOOO much sense.

As of 5:08pm, Eklund now is echoing the Belfour/Roberts story:

Just heading out the door to go to the Wachovia Center, when I got word that The Sabres may indeed be close to sending Marty Biron and a conditional pick to Florida for Eddie Belfour and Gary Roberts. This trade has been speculated around here over the last week. Stay tuned, I will be updating from the Wachovia as the night goes...

To be honest, I don't get the Fedotenko talk. I think he costs too much, and doesn't fit well enough with the Sabres scheme.

I'd rather see the club bring in a more defensive minded center who excells at face-offs and cycling the puck. To me, you need some added grit somewhere to succeed in the playoffs. You know right now that Peters isn't going to be playing and you need to have someone you can play with Mair and be an effective energy line. To me, this is where Kevyn Adams makes SOOOOO much sense.

i wouldnt mind adams here, since he would effectively replace peters on the fourth and make for a relatively potent fourth line, instead of this "energy" #%^$#! they talk about. plus he makes league minimum (i think) and pheonix will take picks for players cause theyre terrible

I would be a little disappointed in only getting fedetenko for biron...I have been saying all along the Sabes should deal Biron but I would much rather see a defensman with an edge coming back instead of a forward. I feel we are going to be fine at forward but our defense just gets pushed around and fold to the pressure a little more than i am comfortable with for a team expected to play for the Cup.. Hopefully it would be for a pick or a lower level prospect. I wish we had Zhitnik still..He sure could log the minutes and always played with an edge..Not that it would ever happen but I would gladly do a Biron for Zhitnik trade....

now that anson carters name is being thrown around i wouldnt mindseeing him in a sabres uni, hes a physical scorer with a mean streak we could surelyuse for the stretch

Last two times he has posted that a trade is nearing, he was right on... Brad Stuart and Peter Forsberg. Now he claims Ruslan Fedetenko will be a Buffalo Sabre within the next 24-72 hours, so extra insurance for the two game series against Ottawa. Thoughts?

hockeybuzz.com has the rumour.

I wasn't gonna start it's own thread but i think this will become a real deal so i figured it needed it's own thread.

Fedetenko is an underachiever and is liability on defense.

Archived