Samsonov Waived By Montreal

bob_sauve28

Well, it WOULD be interesting.

It also would probably be as good a pairing as a large body of water and live, exposed, electrical lines. Bad things, man, bad things.

I am always surprised at the lack of faith in the coaching staff and the locker room. I don't think one player could destroy the chemistry. Even if Connolly comes back I wouldn't mind the Sabres taking a chance on the guy along as no long term investment is involved.

I am always surprised at the lack of faith in the coaching staff and the locker room. I don't think one player could destroy the chemistry. Even if Connolly comes back I wouldn't mind the Sabres taking a chance on the guy along as no long term investment is involved.

Whether or not Samsonov would destroy chemistry, he would immediately make them worse defensively.

I don't have ANY fear that the guy would disrupt team chemistry. I don't see how the Center on that line nor the D out there with them have ANY idea of where to go or when or even if they should expect a pass. Actually, I don't see how the guy without the puck would know where to go or what to expect either.

I can see that pair working together to be part of arguably the worst defensive liability line the Sabres will have put on the ice in at least 10 years, as there is now the possibility of a water bug losing the puck anywhere in the offensive or neutral zones. As opposed to currently when the D can at least expect and plan for any issues happening on the right side.

But, that definitely would be interesting as it results in highlight reel goals at 1 end and (hopefully) highlight reel saves off the inevitable odd man rushes the other way.

I don't have ANY fear that the guy would disrupt team chemistry. I don't see how the Center on that line nor the D out there with them have ANY idea of where to go or when or even if they should expect a pass. Actually, I don't see how the guy without the puck would know where to go or what to expect either.

I can see that pair working together to be part of arguably the worst defensive liability line the Sabres will have put on the ice in at least 10 years, as there is now the possibility of a water bug losing the puck anywhere in the offensive or neutral zones. As opposed to currently when the D can at least expect and plan for any issues happening on the right side.

But, that definitely would be interesting as it results in highlight reel goals at 1 end and (hopefully) highlight reel saves off the inevitable odd man rushes the other way.

Samsonov is a career +41 and a +5 in the playoffs.

Max is only a -9 for his career and a +2 in the playoffs.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

say what you want about the guy as a hockey player. All I know is he makes a great line of luggage. :thumbsup:

:lol: That's a good one, considering the type of journeyman player he's been.

BTW, for anyone who thinks that Samsonov would be good for the Sabres, I have one question: Where are they going to come up with the money on the cap space to do this? Better yet, who would they move around? It's just not possible (and I don't believe I'm the only Sabres fan to feel this way).

BTW, for anyone who thinks that Samsonov would be good for the Sabres, I have one question: Where are they going to come up with the money on the cap space to do this? Better yet, who would they move around? It's just not possible (and I don't believe I'm the only Sabres fan to feel this way).

I'm not sure regarding the cap. He's due $1.16 million for the rest of the season. With all the injuries and call ups who knows what the Sabres have left to spend for the season.

If Montreal waives him again, teams can claim him at half the price. At over $1.75 million, the Sabres still couldn't even do it, but some other team would gladly take that chance.

Archived