GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

After 2...

Buffalo: :ph34r: NJ:

20 minutes, hopefully to go..

Sabres are picking their spots. NJ is dominating shots on goal, but...

Finally a few Buffalo PP after giving NJ the first 3.

This is shaping up to be a barn burner... Pretty good game to watch and NJ announcers other than referring to the Devil's shot that wasn't reviewed are very complimentary to Buffalo. Keep saying the teams and their organizations are mirror images, Not sure I buy that, but on a home grown talent level they are. Buffalo is an offensive machine and NJ is a defensive one...

Devils poked in one goal out from under Miller's glove; 23 seconds later Langenbrunner banks a shot off off Kalinin's skate into the net; two minutes later Parise gets a chance to wind up and blast from the left faceoff circle, and blows the shot past Miller. Following all that, the Sabres take three straight penalties, all but ensuring they won't be able to overcome the 3-1 deficit.

And as I say that, TEPPO cuts the lead to 3-2...

Numminen scoring a goal? That's a real shocker! I guess he didn't want to be remembered for waiting so late into a season for scoring his first.

kalinin should be cut before he makes it to the bus

This isn't the first time I've heard this. BTW, if Kalinin did get cut or traded, who would we want in exchange (other than Brian Leetch)?

Kalinin doesn't need a helmet. He needs :bag:

initially, i wanted to come on here and rail against this team, but we played a great hockey team on the road and we had them for two periods.

that madden goal is tough....i'ld like to think it was covered, but i guarantee if the shoe was on the other foot, i don't think we would have been complaining if we scored that way against brodeur.

i thought the 2nd goal was a fluky misdirection off kalinin and parise finally scored a solid goal.

i still don't like the 3rd period meltdowns - that upsets me more than anything, but i can't hang the team out to dry on this one..just a tough loss with a bad 8-10 minutes.

initially, i wanted to come on here and rail against this team, but we played a great hockey team on the road and we had them for two periods.

that madden goal is tough....i'ld like to think it was covered, but i guarantee if the shoe was on the other foot, i don't think we would have been complaining if we scored that way against brodeur.

i thought the 2nd goal was a fluky misdirection off kalinin and parise finally scored a solid goal.

i still don't like the 3rd period meltdowns - that upsets me more than anything, but i can't hang the team out to dry on this one..just a tough loss with a bad 8-10 minutes.

What's with the avatar? I could have sworn I heard mention of it when it came to the city of Boston recently. (Or am I mistaking it for something else?)

If I went to work every day and made an initial impression (scored a goal in the first period) and said "That's it, I can coast," I'd either get severely reprimanded or fired. Waking up and performing in the last three minutes of the work day (after losing that tenuous early lead) just doesn't cut it.

The second period tonight, and much of the third, the Sabres, basically, dogged it. There were times coming up the ice with the puck that they barely appeared to be moving. As the Jersey announcers stated in the third period, it became a veritable shooting gallery. I would hate to be a goalie on this team of late. You either keep the Sabre in the game, oftentimes single handedly, or you get tired of the whole deal and blow up.

If you can't work the entire work day (game), you deserve to be replaced. Lindy, be a boss!!!

i agree. we played them tough and even. Unfortunately we had a major meltdown and it cost us. I'll chalk tonight up as a fluke... Although, Ryan Miller has officially been put on notice. he at least has to hold serve against either the thrashers or senators in the next 2 games.

What's with the avatar? I could have sworn I heard mention of it when it came to the city of Boston recently. (Or am I mistaking it for something else?)

i can't get enough of that little logo - i mean, he is flipping people off. it is the funniest thing i've ever seen!

If I went to work every day and made an initial impression (scored a goal in the first period) and said "That's it, I can coast," I'd either get severely reprimanded or fired. Waking up and performing in the last three minutes of the work day (after losing that tenuous early lead) just doesn't cut it.

The second period tonight, and much of the third, the Sabres, basically, dogged it. There were times coming up the ice with the puck that they barely appeared to be moving. As the Jersey announcers stated in the third period, it became a veritable shooting gallery. I would hate to be a goalie on this team of late. You either keep the Sabre in the game, oftentimes single handedly, or you get tired of the whole deal and blow up.

If you can't work the entire work day (game), you deserve to be replaced. Lindy, be a boss!!!

Good post, Allan. I guess it's easier for some to look at the goaltender for this loss than looking at the 18 guys in front of him. Paetsch doesn't knock down Madden before he can poke at Ryan; Kalinin redirects the puck into his own net; and finally Parise (a pretty good scorer) beats Miller from the faceoff circle, and everyone wants to blame the goalie.

Personally, I don't understand why we wait to play the last three minutes with such an intense desperation, when half that effort spread out over the previous 57 minutes would usually mean a comfortable lead.

If we are going to start looking at the goalies, maybe it is time to look at goaltending coach Jim Corsi. Since Dom left, we have had three highly touted young goalies - Marty, Mike and Ryan - come up through the system, two of which did not develop into the stars (or solid starters/regulars) we thought they would be, and now Ryan seems to be fighting his way through a sophomore slump.

i agree. we played them tough and even. Unfortunately we had a major meltdown and it cost us. I'll chalk tonight up as a fluke... Although, Ryan Miller has officially been put on notice. he at least has to hold serve against either the thrashers or senators in the next 2 games.

No--Miller needs to "hold serve" against the Thrashers AND the Sens, because he didn't tonight, and I'll bet that Biron could win 2 of those 3. (Yes, I know that not every goal tonight was 'cause of Miller.)

On another topic, and I think it's fair to say that I'm not the guy who normally about calls, but wow, was that a lopsided game! Hook Paille around the neck 30 second in? No problem. Get cut down behind the net? Oh, Briere, that's on you. Gotta be kidding me; that one wasn't called well.

Archived