GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

On another topic, and I think it's fair to say that I'm not the guy who normally about calls, but wow, was that a lopsided game! Hook Paille around the neck 30 second in? No problem. Get cut down behind the net? Oh, Briere, that's on you. Gotta be kidding me; that one wasn't called well.

That was my opinion too. If the refs don't start officiating the game like they're supposed to in this "new NHL," the Sabres will be lucky to even make it back to the conference championship.

Once again you have to question the effort. But some people here only see the standings.

This is NOT a team that'll make it past round one, too many passengers.

Did anyone bother to count Max's giveaways tonight? GOD he was atrocious!!

&%*#! Way to blow another 3rd period lead. Two goals in less than what, a minute?

Guess the guys believe that other teams are so afraid of them, they'll just come out and give the 3rd period away against the big bad Sabres?

I'm SICK of the effort, time these losers got their heads our of the clouds! Beating Boston isn't gonna get us anywhere in the long-haul, THESE are the teams you need to beat.

Miller is so sharp tonight!

Buffalo is playing NJ's game. frustrating the middle and just plain old meddling in the zone. Being out shot, but Miller is there.

From the "Rules for Hockey Fans: 101" handbook....

Never talk about how well your goalie is playing in the first period.

Once again you have to question the effort. But some people here only see the standings.

This is NOT a team that'll make it past round one, too many passengers.

Did anyone bother to count Max's giveaways tonight? GOD he was atrocious!!

Guess the guys believe that other teams are so afraid of them, they'll just come out and give the 3rd period away against the big bad Sabres?

I'm SICK of the effort, time these losers got their heads our of the clouds! Beating Boston isn't gonna get us anywhere in the long-haul, THESE are the teams you need to beat.

Right on with the first point; the team right now just looks too much like Ottawa last year.

I didn't notice Max's giveaways. I did notice him playing pretty well in the Sabres zone, though.

Numminen scoring a goal? That's a real shocker! I guess he didn't want to be remembered for waiting so late into a season for scoring his first.

This isn't the first time I've heard this. BTW, if Kalinin did get cut or traded, who would we want in exchange (other than Brian Leetch)?

Kalinin doesn't need a helmet. He needs :bag:

typing during the game brings all the emotions with it.

all i'm saying is, is that lately he seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time...most of the time.

I can remember one Max giveaway in particular - the ill-advised offensive zone blueline cross-pass that Campbell has seemed to patent over the last couple games. I have noticed him being a little careless with the puck lately, and he seems to be showing flashes of "old Max" where he tries to beat the opposition by himself - even the opposing announcers have noticed it.

Overall Max was more or less a non-factor last night, as he has been for the last 10+ games. Even though he had 4G and 9 A in January, over 1/3 of those points came against the Bruins (1G, 4A) in two games. He hasn't scored since Jan 17 vs. Boston, has only 2 G in his last 14 games, and 3 of his 4 G came in the first ten days of the month.

Max isn't the only one underwhelming us with his performance as of late:

Vanek - 1G, 3 A in his last 7 games

Roy - 1 G, 2 A in his last 7 games

Kotalik - 1G, 5A in his last 9 games

If you take out the Boston blowout, then the numbers are even worse. Bottom line - we need these guys to find the net more consistently if we are going to have a chance at maintaining our division & conference lead.

Archived