Sidney and a slew of Sabres headed for All-Star game

Knightrider

Congrats to our boys..... a Sabres fan on another forum was watching center ice tonight during Pitt/TB i believe and this is what they said on the Sun Sports Network....

Quote: "All Star starters- Briere & Campbell, a bit of a suprise and Miller no suprise. I don't know how they vote for the mayor but they must of voted multiple times for these guys."

WTF.... lol

Congrats to our boys..... a Sabres fan on another forum was watching center ice tonight during Pitt/TB i believe and this is what they said on the Sun Sports Network....

Quote: "All Star starters- Briere & Campbell, a bit of a suprise and Miller no suprise. I don't know how they vote for the mayor but they must of voted multiple times for these guys."

WTF.... lol

Quite a surprise the best team in the conference (and league IMHO) gets a few players in the starting lineup. It would have been better if great players from crappy teams made the All-Star team. <_<

Congrats to Ryan, Danny, and Soupy -- all certainly deserve their starting spots. I'm really looking forward to watching the interaction between Briere and Ovechkin during the opening shift.

And how about Tallinder finishing 6th in voting despite playing only 16 games this season?

Well done fellas!

Hopefully Afinigenov and Drury make it too and Ruff can do what he said he would---play the Sabres against the rest of the NHL...hahaah

Guess Briere would have to man the other point---maybe on a PP or something...

So when will we know the rest of the lineup??

I see Briere and Ovechkin dropping the gloves right after the opening face-off... Unfortunately it will put the East All Stars down two men for five minutes and put Miller in quite a hard place......hahaha

Now there's one to research in the rule books. Is there a penalty for fighting someone on your own team? Delay of game maybe?

I see Briere and Ovechkin dropping the gloves right after the opening face-off... Unfortunately it will put the East All Stars down two men for five minutes and put Miller in quite a hard place......hahaha

Danny had plenty of opportunities to drop the gloves with Ovy but he punked out. :(

Someone isn't too happy for us

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=4741

Yet another Philadelphia-area prick who has to resort to taking unwarranted shots at the city and team because the FLYERS SUCK.

Waaaaah, three Sabres on the team? Waaaah waaaah waaaaah...typical Cryers mentality.

I guess there's one good thing to come out of this - we won't have to worry about Anthony SanFilippo gracing our city with his presence this spring for the Cryers annual ass-kicking at the hands of the Sabres - you know, since it would take a miracle for Philly to qualify for the playoffs...

This guy is obviously a moron who can't find his way from the HSBC arean to the Pearl Street Brewery (or whatever the hell they're calling it today), or is too brain addled to find a bar in Buffalo (and you have to be brain-addled not be able to find a bar in Buffalo).

But his whining kind of proves that this season, the Sabres nation (or whatever you want to call it) OWNS the NHL. Forget history and the future for the moment and consider just this season.

The Sabres sold out the entire year. They top the league in merchandise sales. They have the highest ratings on Versus. They have three starters voted into the All Star game. The fans travel like college football fans. And the team has the top record in the league (or will as soon as they burn their games in hand over the Ducks). Even on Hockeybuzz.com, whether you like Garth or not, the comments his blogs recieves almost doubles the responses to the other teams' bloggers.

SanFlippy makes a good point in his article that there are big name and deserving players in large traditional hockey markets that could be starting for the East. Jagr, Kaberle, and McCabe, for example, and yet their fan bases couldn't outpoll Buffalo's.

Of course he nullifies that good point by making the same lame-ass slam that there's nothing else to do in Buffalo but vote (I'm in central Fla, which makes his home town Delaware look like an arm-pit, and I voted numerous times for Sabre players). And maybe we could buy that, if the fans weren't also spending their cash on tickets, jerseys, and road trips to watch away games.

So enjoy it Sabres fans. We own the NHL this season. And the fact that it pisses fan bases from other teams off so much makes it that much sweeter.

Congratulations to Danny, Ryan and Brian for representing Buffalo as the starters. Great job. I'm sure other Sabres will make it too. Dru and Max.

I was thinking about Danny and Ovie and they will probably just be professional about it and just play the game. Neither of them wants that attention. I like Ovie, a hell of a player, just a dumb reaction. Thank god he didn't get hurt or I might be signing a different tune. But overall, they will just go out there and score. Would be cool to see Danny feed Ovie for a goal or vice versa.

As for the Flyers article. Keep on whinning Cryers. I love it! Kiss our ass you crybabies!!

Of course he nullifies that good point by making the same lame-ass slam that there's nothing else to do in Buffalo but vote (I'm in central Fla, which makes his home town Delaware look like an arm-pit, and I voted numerous times for Sabre players). And maybe we could buy that, if the fans weren't also spending their cash on tickets, jerseys, and road trips to watch away games.

jad, where in Central Florida? My wife & I just moved out of Orlando in July...

Actually, Delaware county is in PA, just outside Philly near DE.

And there are so few bars around the Wack-off Center. Just parking lots and other arenas and highways and a river and some strip clubs. If he really was talking about how messed up the fan voting thing is, why didn't write about Rory like everyone else. Check out Ek's response http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=4749

What a douche. How f@&$ing stupid do you have to be to not notice the Chippewa party district or the Elmwood Strip on your way to Amherst (on what sounds like multiple trips to Buffalo). What a dumb f@, I'm sorry but I seriously resent this "Buffalo is a ghost town" bull#%^$#!.

Yet another Philadelphia-area prick who has to resort to taking unwarranted shots at the city and team because the FLYERS SUCK.

Waaaaah, three Sabres on the team? Waaaah waaaah waaaaah...typical Cryers mentality.

I guess there's one good thing to come out of this - we won't have to worry about Anthony SanFilippo gracing our city with his presence this spring for the Cryers annual ass-kicking at the hands of the Sabres - you know, since it would take a miracle for Philly to qualify for the playoffs...

People in glass houses should not throw stones... Maybe it's that I've lived in Boston the last ten years, but Philly is not the prettiest city going. :sick:

Archived