Sabres @ Oilers (01/16)

PTS

Great game for Buff...

It's fun to have confidence in a goaltender again...

I can't stand the Oilers or their broadcast...

And i no longer want Peca in Buffalo anymore, this new game is not for him...

Vancouver is going to be tough on Thursday...

good game against a gritty oiler bunch..i like the fact that roy got under their skin then blew a perfect one-time by em for the insurance goal..absolutely sweet..and what a job by max to find em...if anyone ever says trade afinogenov..tell em to watch his goal and that pass..you'll have my response right there..

and I have to say the Ray Ferraro is one of the worst color guys ever...thank god we don't have to listen to him any more this season..jeesh.

I always feel a bit cheated when I can't listen to RJ on CI.

Go Sabres!

They definately give Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay a run for their money in the worst NHL broadcast department.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/your_call/?messageid=791024&hubname=

Hehe, interesting comment.

"The refs were brutal tonight as Buffalo got away with alot tonight. How was there not a kneeing penalty called when Hemsky went down? I thought the first two Buffalo goals were a little weak, right through the five hole twice in the same spot. Our PP was disgusting and I don't understand why they don't just shoot more, just get it on the net! Lowe better be getting working the phones as the Oil are slipping in the standings. Very frustrating to watch tonight. I'm hearing on CHED that Lowe or MacT are in the room with the boys and the doors are still closed. Let them have it!!"

Great game for Buff...

It's fun to have confidence in a goaltender again...

I can't stand the Oilers or their broadcast...

And i no longer want Peca in Buffalo anymore, this new game is not for him...

Vancouver is going to be tough on Thursday...

Who is this Peca you speak of? He wasn't playing tonight. Actually if it wasn't for the penalties, I don't recall him doing anything. Like touching the puck, or making a hit or anything.

Great win to start the road trip.

-Miller was very solid and once again made some big stops.

-Good to see Roy get a goal. I really believe he has raised the level of his play over the last couple of weeks. You can see the confidence in him when he is handling the puck.

-I thought the Sabres were quick, but damn...Edmonton can skate.

-Nice hit by McKee on Hemsky. Also good to see Kalinin stick his nose in there when McKee was on his knees and could have been pummelled by Smith.

-PP was in a funk all night. 2 great individual efforts by Connolly and Max, but overall, they were not sharp at all.

-I'm not sure what is up with Vanek(foot injury bothering him), but his play the last two games has been very uninspiring.

-Edmonton's goalie sucked. Don't they know that they have to do whatever it takes to pry Biron from the Sabres. ;)

The unfortunate part is, I don't think I want anyone from the Oilers in the Sabres locker room now. If Marty does end up there, I hope it is a 3 team trade. I'm probably still blinded by their whining and crying, but I wouldn't want to see that here.

Hey, did anyone else think Max had a great night all over? In his own zone I thought he did well (Lorentz mentioned a couple games ago that he thought Max was Buffalos best "defensive" forward in a game and I think he has kept it up pretty well. He was also the 3rd Sabre into the scrum after McKee and Kalin in the first period. (He almost over skated it - but it is Max that was pulling the Oiler off of Kalinin)