Sabres @ Oilers (01/16)

PTS

I know Kalinin got himself ejected, but I am ok with that. Smith wasn;'t letting up.

I wonder if Smyth grabbed McKee when he (McKee) was unaware). TV feed only cuts to it with smyth hitting McKee while he's on his knees. Looks like Chemsky tried to pull up and avoid Jay and took one in the jewels.

Connolly = WOW.

Did Smith not get tossed? He should have gotten an instigator. The third man in rule is bull #%^$#!. You're just supposed to let some punk jump your guy while he's not looking? Makes no sense.

This PP looks bad. Get Kotalik off it for a game or two and let him recharge.

He did get instigator, that gives him 17 minutes; it no longer comes with a game misconduct, just a 10 minute misconduct (unless it is in the final 5 minutes of the game and you DON'T play for the Coyotes).

Did Smith not get tossed? He should have gotten an instigator. The third man in rule is bull #%^$#!. You're just supposed to let some punk jump your guy while he's not looking? Makes no sense.

I agree, I don't like the third man in rule...Well in principal it's an ok idea, but you need to give the officials discretion. What I caught looked like McKee was down and Smith was still firing away....

Thinking about it another way...Smith went after McKee because he didn't like McKee's hit, Kalinin jumped in because Smith was going to far. In a way, they did the exact same thing.

I agree.

Where do you draw the line? Depending how you look at it Tree did basically the same thing as Smith. They should both be out of the game.