Sabres @ Oilers (01/16)

PTS

Man, our power play will fall to 10th after tonight's game. It's hard to watch. Hopefully Lindy & Co. can set them up well to start the third. If they don't score, Edmonton is gonna take momentum away sooner or later.

yeah, this is a dirty team and a very poor announcing squad. Its one thing to be a homer. It's another to completely discredit the opponent

Smyth should have been called for hooking towards the end of the period there. Afinigenov skated past him, Smyth got his stick on the body, and Afinigenov came to a quick halt...Can't fake that.

i don't know if this had been discussed before in page or 2 of this thread, but that did not look like a dirty hit by mckee... Well, let me put it this way: if mckee were good enough to make that hit look clean, he'd have more career goals.

Yeah, I agree. I looked back on the replay and it seems Hmesky tried to avoid McKee at the last second and caught one in the gourd.

yeah that was one awesome goal. I love how the national media gets hosed again... their anointed bruschiesque player has been proven to be a kid playing a man's game on a bush team, while the other guy is playing awesome

I stand up for Crosby a lot...but I think it is unfair to compare him and Ovechkin, 3 important years seperate them.

I'm not ready to write off crosby, but there's no way that a 17 year old kid has what i takes a this point. This is not 1977 when gretzky was 18... you need muscle and toughness that you just don't have when you're 17. Ovechkin is the real deal right now though. I'd love to see what crosby has to offer after a couple years in the league and with a better team.