Prediction time! How will this all come crashing down?

SDS

It all ends in 2007, on a sunny June afternoon, on the steps of the newly refurbished Buffalo City Hall with the Stanley Cup held high by Mr. Golisano in front of 100,000 200,000 250,000 screaming fans.

No crash and burn this time.

:beer: :beer: :beer:

i like this one a lot, too -- although, i like the spirit of sds's thread as well.

please note that one small correction i would make to the above estimate:

I don't understand this thread ...

pipes, i really think it's just a matter of personal taste and temperament. not quite a "blondes or brunettes" kind of thing -- but sort of.

my point is this: i can enjoy sds's thread and the nightmare scenarios that have flowed from it, but i can also understand those who look at this thread and wonder "what's the f-ing point of this?"

in defense of the thread, i will say this: ever since human beings evolved beyond the ape stage (or perhaps earlier), we as a species have tried to inoculate ouselves against the pain of future calamity by obsessing over it in one form or another -- humor has proven a popular (and salutary) vehicle for this particular compulsion.

go sabres.

Here's how it ends:

• The Sabres take home the Cup, and it opens a floodgate.
  • The Bills win the Superbowl.
  • Businesses open up and hire people.
  • Family and friends actually move TO Buffalo.
  • The Peace Bridge gets rebuilt.
  • The waterfront is developed into an economic bonanza, providing jobs and recreation for all.
  • The Bass Pro deal is completed and the store opens next fall.
  • The 219 gets finished.
  • The "temporary" sales tax is permanently repealed.
  • Property taxes go down permanently.
  • My hair grows back.

So no worries Buffalo, sit back and enjoy the ride!! :thumbsup:

Here's how it ends:

• The Sabres take home the Cup, and it opens a floodgate.
  • The Bills win the Superbowl.
  • Businesses open up and hire people.
  • Family and friends actually move TO Buffalo.
  • The Peace Bridge gets rebuilt.
  • The waterfront is developed into an economic bonanza, providing jobs and recreation for all.
  • The Bass Pro deal is completed and the store opens next fall.
  • The 219 gets finished.
  • The "temporary" sales tax is permanently repealed.
  • Property taxes go down permanently.
  • My hair grows back.

So no worries Buffalo, sit back and enjoy the ride!! :thumbsup:

In our Cavaliers (and all our varicose veins go away)

It all ends in 2007, on a sunny June afternoon, on the steps of the newly refurbished Buffalo City Hall with the Stanley Cup held high by Mr. Golisano in front of 100,000 screaming fans.

No crash and burn this time.

:beer: :beer: :beer:

There would be way more than 100,000 jammed into Niagara Square and the surrounding streets. It would be packed up and down Delaware, spilling into S. Elmwood, into Lafaytette Square.... people would be hanging out of the windows of the Statler. In short, the entire city would shut down.

i like this one a lot, too -- although, i like the spirit of sds's thread as well.

please note that one small correction i would make to the above estimate:

I like your number better, just couldn't figure out how many people could fit around The McKinley monument :oops:

Derek Roy gets called for a diving call after he takes a high stick to the eye, permanently blinding him in the left eye, Briere gets a game misconduct for arguing the call (Lindy also gets a hefty fine for telling the ref to go eat some more donuts) Sabres loose as Pronger puts in the game tying and game winning goals on the ensuing powerplays in game 7.

• 1 month later...

The way this season is turning out, I think we'll just get knocked out fair and sqaure by The Sens.

Scratch that, We will get knocked out singlehandedly by Dany Heatley.

Hopefully if it does happen its on the ice though, and not knocked out by his car :oops: (I know, that may have been a little too far)

Scratch that, We will get knocked out singlehandedly by Dany Heatley.

Hopefully if it does happen its on the ice though, and not knocked out by his car :oops: (I know, that may have been a little too far)

No, that wasn't even close to going too far. It didn't even take balls to say something like that, which means even Phil Kessel would say something like that.

(Yeah, not funny, but that one doesn't cross a line either)

No, that wasn't even close to going too far. It didn't even take balls to say something like that, which means even Phil Kessel would say something like that.

(Yeah, not funny, but that one doesn't cross a line either)

How about this one:

"Before game 6 in the Ottawa Centre, team owners install a new Shower System in the visiting locker room which is completed by the finest German craftsmen in the world. Mysteriously, the Sabres do not show to the team meeting after morning skate."

Getting there yet?

Oh, I think we will struggle against St. Louis in the first round, winning two games in OT, then lose to the Islanders in Six... :bag:

I know... We will sweep the Habs in the first round... Miller will post two maybe three shutouts in a row to open the series... Then in the second round we will lose to the Bruins in OT of game seven on a slapper from between the points... :bag:

After taking a three games to none lead in the Finals the Sabres had been picked up at their hotel and on the way to the arena they realize too late that Dany Heatley is driving the bus.

x2:D

And with a very "speedesque" spin to it... If the Bus drops below 55 on the speedometer... It will blow up... Sure you say the Sabres can handle the "speed"... But, in a worse case twist... Heatley makes Peters' drive! And for his life and the team's, can barley keep it a 56 mph...

I can just see it now... Max and Danny pushing Peters slow arse to drive faster!

Archived