GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

8pm

i said it after the rangers game, that the team needed a gritty win and some time to work on things. Well, they get to put this to the test against the panthers. Don't really know what to expect with this one. Seems like we should roll, however, those florida teams have historically given the sabres fits. I guess we'll find out tomorrow night at the HSBC! join us in the SabreSpace chatroom, or in this thread for game discussion!

Finally, Game Day!

The Panthers haven't been a good road team this year. If this was in Florida, I would lean towards the Panthers. Fortunately it is in Buffalo. On paper, this is a team we should handle.

The Sabres have to cut down on the dumb penalties. The Sabres have kept teams in games with the penalties. At some point it's going to bite them in the arce. Buffalo should step on the ice tonight and beat the Panthers in workmen like fasion. Carry the 5 on 5 play and be better on special teams.

Sabres 4 Panthers 1 ;)

Biron will start tonight and Peters will be back in the lineup. Yikes. Sabres still fall behind early and win in the 3rd. Lets say 5-4.

When I first read that, I thought it said "Biron will start tonight and Peters will be his backup". :oops: That would be freaking awesome. :beer:

At this point I wish Peters would just go away. Who are Florida's heavyweights and can we pay one of them to break Peters' face?

With all these relatively minor injuries, the team needs some of our "stars," like Briere, Drury, Pommer and Vanek to step up their play and make a difference. Winning some of these games with Henrik, Ryan and Max out would go a long way toward the confidence of the younger guys.

Also, with guys missing from the lineup, it's a big chance for other guys like Stafford, Biron and Peters to show what they can do - Stafford can show he wants to stay with the big club, Biron is campaigning for more work and/or auditioning for another team, and Peters just wants to stay in the lineup and not get nailed to the bench when the game gets tight.

I don't know what's going on. It says NHL hockey and I see a bunch of gorillas yapping about football :angry:

My Tivo guide says it is expecting "Knicks Gamenight" on, but I figured it was just a mistake. WGR550 and Sabres.com say the game shouldbe on MSG. Time to call Time Warner. :wallbash: