GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

In game update

Sabres 2 Panthers 2 mid 2

Ottawa 4 Pitt 2 end 2

NYR 4 Thrashers 2 End 2

Ottawa's in a world of hurt. They need this one. Otherwise, Alfredsson will become the Senators' version of Donald Rumsfeld.

I don't really care much for the Rangers, but someone has to slow the Thrashers down.

Anyone else think we should have kept the Congressional Medal of Honor recipient in the box longer? I mean the play looked slow and drab and the Sabres were down 2-0 and momentum was really swinging away from them. During the interview with the vetren, the Sabres scored twice, looked awesome and came back alive. The momentum swung fully back over to the Sabres with that interview.

When the Sabres win, first star goes to the Viet Nam vet that did that interview.

Stupid Ottawa up 5-2

5-3 now.. I'm watching it during intermission. Pitt has some great pressure... Should be 5-4 but isn't.. 8 minutes to go...

Damn Ottawa just scored with under 6 to go, leading 6-3.. Back to the Sabres...

At least the Thrashers will lose tonight..

I'm no zoologist or anything, but aren't panthers black? Yet these clowns were white and red?

Neither am I, but some of them are tan as well. I don't think they cross-breed their colors either.

If you really want to find out, go to www.icr.org. They may be able to answer your questions about that.

* Great game by Vanek. I can't believe his patience on the GWG.

* Stafford looks like he can hang.

* I've always been a Soupy critic, but he's been by far our best defensman of late. He's also wearing off on Paetsche who has looked very solid.

* I love when Gaustad and MAir come flying into the offensive zone. You know someone's getting railed.

* Spacek has too many shots blocked. Fake the shot there "cannon."

* Is it me or did Jokinnen interfere with Briere on the Panthers 4th goal, giving Montador an open shooting lane?

* Panther is the Florida name for Mt. Lion.

* Is it me or did Jokinnen interfere with Briere on the Panthers 4th goal, giving Montador an open shooting lane?

It's NOT you. Frankly, I thought the boarding call late in the third was a makeup for missing that. Horrible non-call; Joke definitely got away with one there. Happens, though.

Good points, Kev, let me add a couple:

* Not a strong outing by Marty tonight. Made a couple big saves after the game was 4-4 but probably should have stopped two of the goals...

* I don't like to blame officials for games, but the stripes didn't bring their "A" games tonight. Just poorly officiated all around, including the linesmen. I understand tossing guys from the faceoff circle for cheating, getting a jump, whatever - but they are tossing guys out left and right for what looks like nothing. And two missed interference calls set up two Panthers' goals - the first one was the noncall on Briere right before the icing, and then the interference to clear the shooting lane for the tying goal.

* PP looked terrible most of the night then redeemed itself in OT...

* Stafford does look like he can hang...he is going to be pushing for more time, which means someone will have to go, especially if Timmy comes back. Peters is first out of the lineup

* 13-1-1 looks awesome after the Sabres name in the standings

I think he did...the shootout guys mentioned he might have been screened, but I think he just misplayed it.

BTW, did anyone see this:

Penalty Summary

1st Period

Florida high sticking - 2 min 13:25, S. Weiss

Buffalo diving - 2 min 19:41, J. Pominville

Florida hooking - 2 min 19:41, R. Salei

2nd Period

Buffalo cross check - 2 min 9:44, A. Kotalik

Florida cross check - 2 min 13:38, R. Salei

Buffalo too many men on the ice - 2 min 15:52, Bench served by A. Mair

3rd Period

Florida hooking - 2 min 6:00, J. Stumpel

Florida interference - 2 min 7:11, J. Bouwmeester

Buffalo hooking - 2 min 11:07, J. Hecht

Florida holding - 2 min 18:39, G. Roberts

OT Period

Florida misconduct - 10 min 0:19, G. Roberts

Florida unsportsmanlike conduct - 2 min 0:19, G. Roberts

Florida gross misconduct - 10 min 0:19, G. Roberts

Did Roberts go ape$hit on the officials after the GWG? I rewound the postgame show to see if they had anything on it, but no one has mentioned it...