Atlanta leads the Eastern Conference

Corp000085

So, with last night's win, Atlanta leads the eastern conference by 2 points over the sabres... They have FOUR games at hand! WTF is that? It's one thing to have one or two games at hand, its one thing for an NFL team to be ahead in the standings by virtue of the bye week... but four friggin games less than 1/4 into the season? come on man... If games were even, we'd be ahead by at least 6 points!

If you want to buy into conspiracy theories, you should start with Toronto. They are in a similar boat as Atlanta, as far as games played, and the Leafs are barely playing above .500 hockey.

Yup. That was the first thing I thought. Schedule more games early in markets that need help. From the NHL's standpoint, Toronto cannot appear to be out of the race before the new year, even if they are. Atlanta, isn't exactly known for great fans of any sport, but they do have an up and coming team. This does give them a kick start.

I scanned the standings this morning and noticed how the entire SE conference has more games in hand than the other two. I took the long view. We are injured and getting healthy. Kind of like a NFL bye week. Each day we have off, is one closer to getting Tallinder back.

Who cares about how many they play and when. They didn't do it to piss us off... im sure it had to do with arena scheduling since they share their arena with the Atlanta Hawks, also prolly concerts and college basketball.... but who really cares, we all play 82 games. It's not like we have a 5 games in 6 days stretch in January.

But, from the looks of it, looks like Atlanta is some what for real, and just that will keep them near the top all year long since they play Florida, Washington and Tampa Bay like every other game.

But let's also be fair, they did come into our house and skated and played right with us, too. So we need to give them some well earned credit as well.

Who cares about how many they play and when. They didn't do it to piss us off... im sure it had to do with arena scheduling since they share their arena with the Atlanta Hawks, also prolly concerts and college basketball.... but who really cares, we all play 82 games. It's not like we have a 5 games in 6 days stretch in January.

But, from the looks of it, looks like Atlanta is some what for real, and just that will keep them near the top all year long since they play Florida, Washington and Tampa Bay like every other game.

But let's also be fair, they did come into our house and skated and played right with us, too. So we need to give them some well earned credit as well.

Atlanta is definitely a team to watch out for. Lehtonen stole that game from the Sabres early. Their offense is pretty sick, too.

So, with last night's win, Atlanta leads the eastern conference by 2 points over the sabres... They have FOUR games at hand! WTF is that? It's one thing to have one or two games at hand, its one thing for an NFL team to be ahead in the standings by virtue of the bye week... but four friggin games less than 1/4 into the season? come on man... If games were even, we'd be ahead by at least 6 points!

You mean the Sabres have four games in hand?

Hi Apus. I miss you. Sniff sniff

There just comes a time in everyones carreer when they have to branch off and go solo for a bit

I'm always up for a reunion tour though

Do you...

... want to get back together?

Can I be Sonny this time?

God, I just dated myself horribly.

Which version, you might not be dating yourself much

http://www.bren-ten.com/sitebuildercontent...nny-tubbs01.jpg

or

http://media.newtimes.com/48648.0.jpg

Um, you just dated yourself as a young-un, Apus.

I believe the Sonny reference was to Cher.

PA, no, you cannot be Sonny, but you can be the Captain (just to join in the fun of dating ourselves...or should we use the term, "carbon-dating" when discussing us older fellas?).

Um, you just dated yourself as a young-un, Apus.

I believe the Sonny reference was to Cher.

PA, no, you cannot be Sonny, but you can be the Captain (just to join in the fun of dating ourselves...or should we use the term, "carbon-dating" when discussing us older fellas?).

I know, I was playing off of Dave_B's post. I would also prefer he was talking about being a pair of male cops the a husband and wife singing/comedy duo, especially when he used the term Bash bros.

I don't have to date myself as a youngin, I know I am and am not ashamed to say I am not old :D

Archived