Damn those throwback jerseys are Sweet!!!!!!!!

DR HOLLIDAY

I am expecting to see Mike Foligno jump over the boards................. :D

LOL! Yes they are nice, and Boy!!! Wouldn't it be nice to have a young Mike Foligno in this line up, just so he could win in a Sabres uniform!

That's going a ways back in time. Mikey was a goon in his own right back then.

A goon????? What? He was a great player who could also kick some ass. And really, back in the NHL of that time, you had to

I thought the team looked great in the throwbacks. I do agree that it was a little strange to see Drury, Briere, Miller and such wearing those jerseys. Definitely expecting to see anyone from Patti La La to Rick Martin streaking down the ice.

Also, I thought it was great to see the numbers on the front; adding some new to the old. The Unis aren't a perfect match with the new pants and helmets, but they still look ok.

Watched the Canucks last night in their throwbacks. Anyone know why they wear matching pants, helmets, and gloves, while the Sabres can't? Even Luongo's helmet matched!

Watched the Canucks last night in their throwbacks. Anyone know why they wear matching pants, helmets, and gloves, while the Sabres can't? Even Luongo's helmet matched!

Because they have common sense.

The numbers on the front of the "throwbacks" look fine, other than the fact they never had them before. if they wanted to "add something new to the old" they should have just made that the new jersey ... darker blue, numbers on the front, a nice little update ... fine. But they said they were going to be VINTAGE, and they are not.

Whatever, I am just glad to have the blue and gold back and the real logo for some games and some gear. They finally got their crap together in the hockey department, so all this is just a minor frustration.

I almost cried when I saw pictures from the game and those old uni's.

I was really struck when I saw them too. I had a fleeting feeling of being a kid in the Aud again. The slug was starting to grow on me, but when I see the circle logo with all those big yellow stripes, it just drives home how great the original logo is for our team and this city's people.

Is it me, or does Danny Briere kinda look like LaFontaine in the B&G?

Because they have common sense.

The numbers on the front of the "throwbacks" look fine, other than the fact they never had them before. if they wanted to "add something new to the old" they should have just made that the new jersey ... darker blue, numbers on the front, a nice little update ... fine. But they said they were going to be VINTAGE, and they are not.

Whatever, I am just glad to have the blue and gold back and the real logo for some games and some gear. They finally got their crap together in the hockey department, so all this is just a minor frustration.

As far as the throwbacks go, this is about where I stand. I am glad to have the B&G back for a few games, and I find the "numbers on the front of the vintage unis" to be a minor irritant. Not that they don't look good, but the way the vintage uniform rules were presented to the fans, it seemed that the throwback had to be just that - a throwback with no changes. It would seem that adding the front numbers would violate that "rule" making the sweater an alternate instead of a vintage. Whatever - like I said, it's a minor irritant, and I thought they looked pretty good.

IMO, if the NHL was smart, they woud let the teams use whatever throwbacks and alternate jerseys they want to wear in a given year, as long as they match (or are very close to) the color scheme the team currently wears. Why not let the Sabres roll out the white vintage unis for a few select games, such as a trip up to Montreal, Toronto or Boston? How does that affect anything?

With 41 home games, for example, they could wear their regular dark slugo 21 times; an alternate 3rd jersey 15 times and a vintage/throwback 5 times - maybe when the Laffs, Canadiens, Flyers and Bruins come to town, for example. Go on the road, and you could use the white slugo sweaters for say 33 games, and don the white vintage unis 8 times. Now you've got five different sweaters you can sell, hitting almost every age bracket and demographic of Sabres fans, the league is happy, b/c it gives them a chance to go forward with their more modern looking unfiroms while not disregarding the league's history and traditions, the fans are happy b/c they have something for everyone. Granted it isn't perfect, and there would have to be some adjustments & tweaks made, but I think it's win-win for the fans and the league/teams.

Did anyone else notice that the team barely scratched out a win in their 1st 4 games wearing the abominable snot smear? :o

They finally get to wear some respectable duds and kick some butt. Coincidence? I doubt it. :D

Make them look good on the outside, they'll feel good on the inside, and run the friggin' table. ;)

98 and 0 baby. B-)

Now you've got five different sweaters you can sell, hitting almost every age bracket and demographic of Sabres fans, the league is happy, b/c it gives them a chance to go forward with their more modern looking unfiroms while not disregarding the league's history and traditions, the fans are happy b/c they have something for everyone. Granted it isn't perfect, and there would have to be some adjustments & tweaks made, but I think it's win-win for the fans and the league/teams.

My guess is that the rules are in place to keep an even playing field between teams. Your plan would work really well for teams that have been in the league for a long time (2 vintage jerseys, two modern, and one alternate) but I can imagine Atlanta or Nashville not liking that plan because they don't have 2 vintage jerseys to sell.

I guess this might not make total sense because the Sabres were selling vintage jerseys before... anyone have any insight?

I'm sorry, I love the vintage jersey, but I can't stand the fact that the rest of the uniform doesn't match. The different shade of blue on the pants and helmet and the fact that they had to put the slug on top of the helmet definitely ruins the "throwback" for me. I say if they can't match the colors then don't wear them. Stick with the new unis.

I thought the team looked great in the throwbacks. I do agree that it was a little strange to see Drury, Briere, Miller and such wearing those jerseys. Definitely expecting to see anyone from Patti La La to Rick Martin streaking down the ice.

I watched some pictures and footage of the jersey unveiling ceremony. Watching Teppo and Millertime with vintage jerseys on was really out of place. I guess if Teppo wore vintage Winnipeg Jets equipment, then maybe I'd understand.

Being a huge Sabre fan and living in Oregon, it was an awesome sight when I turned on the hockey game and seen the throwback jerseys on the Sabres backs. It brought back so many memories for me. What I wouldn't give to see Gilbert Perreault skate the length of the ice deking the entire opponents forwards, splitting the defense and undressing Bernie Parent.

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!! OREGON LOVES THE SABRES

Being a huge Sabre fan and living in Oregon, it was an awesome sight when I turned on the hockey game and seen the throwback jerseys on the Sabres backs. It brought back so many memories for me. What I wouldn't give to see Gilbert Perreault skate the length of the ice deking the entire opponents forwards, splitting the defense and undressing Bernie Parent.

This is the kind of post we need..............the Sabre's great one............. :D

Unfortunately Bert didn't "undress" Parent enough!

Archived