GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

TV said that was Pomenvilles 2nd goal, but wasn't it his 3rd? He got a deflection in Carolina and a shot against Montreal to add to tonight's goal. He is on pace for 82 goals!

He got the goal in the first game taken away and given to Kalinin after the coaches reviewed the film...

But wait, how can that be? Staal ASSURED us there would be no SC hangover? I'm schocked!

Hahaha. Ya, no hangover. That's why the Canes had a 2nd opening night. They're going to celebrate right on to the golf course this year.

Great to see the Caps light them up. Ovechkin with 2 goals and Semin with the Hat Trick. Ovechkin is great for the NHL. Plays with so much passion.

3 and ohhhhhhhhhhh. 3 games in 4 nights. no top centerman in the lineup. 2 road wins.

um..... I'LL TAKE IT!

sloppy shmoppy, a win is a win and at the end of the year nobody remembers how the points were added up, they just were.

wooohooo

Two things. When is Connolly supposed to be back, and if a team enters the shoot-out with time remaining on a penalty in OT, does it change anything?

BTW in the Rangers-Flyers game, it took the 26th shot before the Rangers won in the shoot-out.

3 and ohhhhhhhhhhh. 3 games in 4 nights. no top centerman in the lineup. 2 road wins.

um..... I'LL TAKE IT!

sloppy shmoppy, a win is a win and at the end of the year nobody remembers how the points were added up, they just were.

wooohooo

The win is great. But that's 23 penalties in three games. That's living on the wildside. It's early so I hope this doesn't become a trend. Tough smart hockey is what this team needs to play. ;)

um..... I'LL TAKE IT!

wooohooo

I agreee that I'll take an ugly win every time, but to act like it doesn't matter that we have been sloppy for good parts of the last couple games is silly. We've gotten some breaks & bounces that helped us get to 3-0, but we all know it doesn't take much to get into an extended losing slide, so we need to tighten up play so we don't have to rely on good bounces and breaks. We don't want to get to the end of the year and say "we could have won the division or home ice if not for the points we blew when we did XXX."

Great start, though, and another bonus is that we have a few days to rest, regroup and work out the kinks in practice.

Two things. When is Connolly supposed to be back, and if a team enters the shoot-out with time remaining on a penalty in OT, does it change anything?

BTW in the Rangers-Flyers game, it took the 26th shot before the Rangers won in the shoot-out.

Only if the player is serving a 10 minute or a game misconduct penalty. In that case he can't be in the shootout. Otherwise, it has no effect.

Ottawa fans have seen this before(Game 5 of last years playoffs). Tallinder scores in the first minute of the game and Pominville scores the game winner.

Other thoughts...

-Great shot by Drury to make it 3-1

-Biron was excellent. One 3rd period save on a pass across the crease was his best save of the night.

-Much like last year, Roy, Max & Vanek as a line concern me in their own end. You have to play smarter with a 3-1 lead than that.

-Tallinder was very good again last night. Jumping in to the play early in the game to get the goal and being very solid in his own end. I thought Lydman struggled though with a couple of bad giveaways.

-Pominville looks like he is destined to be score 25-30 goals a year. His confidence is building.

-After getting spanked by Ottawa during the regular season last year, it is good to go into their arena and get a W.

GO SABRES!!!

Love the win, but don't we know that there's a period between the first and third? Why do we always downshift for the second?

Braedon, great avatar!

Man, it's going to be a long wait until the 13th. Does anyone else think it's stupid that we get 5 days off and then play back to back?

Friday the 13th - we go for the sonagram/ultrasound the find out the sex of our first baby, and then we get to watch the Sabres slug the Red Wings...should be an awesome day.

Ottawa fans have seen this before(Game 5 of last years playoffs). Tallinder scores in the first minute of the game and Pominville scores the game winner.

Other thoughts...

-Great shot by Drury to make it 3-1

-Biron was excellent. One 3rd period save on a pass across the crease was his best save of the night.

-Much like last year, Roy, Max & Vanek as a line concern me in their own end. You have to play smarter with a 3-1 lead than that.

-Tallinder was very good again last night. Jumping in to the play early in the game to get the goal and being very solid in his own end. I thought Lydman struggled though with a couple of bad giveaways.

-Pominville looks like he is destined to be score 25-30 goals a year. His confidence is building.

-After getting spanked by Ottawa during the regular season last year, it is good to go into their arena and get a W.

GO SABRES!!!

I didn't like the use of the Roy-Max-Vanek line. The line is great offensively, but should only be used when we need an offensive spark. Like when we're playing a defensive minded team and can't get anything going.