GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

i'd love to have miller start tomorrow and biron start on saturday... Not that i fear ottawa or anything, its just to showcase biron on saturday.

Sadly, I think this will happen. I think it sucks for Biron and the team.

Unfortunately, there's no way the Sabres can sit Ryan tonight for the home opener. He always gets the loudest cheers and the place will be bumpin' tonight. So Marty gets the road game against the Sens, which will be the 3rd game in 4 nights for the team. Toronto embarrassed the Sens at home last night, so they'll be out for blood. It just seems like Marty is getting hung out to dry (as much as one can be on this awesome team) in this scenario.

Start Ryan in both games.

Yes, but this question now begs to be asked...WHEN exactly do we use it? After a spectacular hit? A goal? A win? Or all of the above?

Does this also mean people will be bringing in bottles of orange hair gel and wiping it on white poster board to signify a slime trail? I can see it now...kids with poster boards with the logo of the opposing team, with orange hair gel or newly made (but not congealed) orange Jello, smeared across the logo.

What gives? I just saw that tickets are still available for the opener - how can that be yet we are talking about selling out all of the home games this year?

Kinda makes the Caniac-bashing a little ridiculous, doesn't it? :)

Seriously, I think the problem the Sabres will have to address is the perception that tickets are hard to come by.

Kinda makes the Caniac-bashing a little ridiculous, doesn't it? :)

Seriously, I think the problem the Sabres will have to address is the perception that tickets are hard to come by.

Not really. I believe the Sabres sold out the preseason game. One of the main reasons tonight's game hasn't sold out yet is the Gold level pricing IMHO.

Besides, the Sabres haven't been advertising all summer that tickets for tonight are sold out, like the Canes were.

Sadly, I think this will happen. I think it sucks for Biron and the team.

Unfortunately, there's no way the Sabres can sit Ryan tonight for the home opener. He always gets the loudest cheers and the place will be bumpin' tonight. So Marty gets the road game against the Sens, which will be the 3rd game in 4 nights for the team. Toronto embarrassed the Sens at home last night, so they'll be out for blood. It just seems like Marty is getting hung out to dry (as much as one can be on this awesome team) in this scenario.

Start Ryan in both games.

Normally I like starting a different goalie in back to back games, but since it's only the second and third game of the season, and there is a big break before game 4, I would say give Ryan both starts. Fatigue shouldn't be a factor this early.

Going to Amerks game and I want to record Sabres game but no DVR and VCR is older than my wife. They don't have the game available on line afterwards do they?

Don't you worry about the Sabres game. Instead, I expect a lengthy report on the Sabres prospects in Rochester. ;)

Couple rough patches there, Canadians are creating and cashing in on their own breaks. We've had more than a couple occasions where Buffalo was standing around, waiting for the play instead of attacking and making things happen. Not scoring on the extended PP hurt, so the boys will have their work cut out for them in the 3rd.