GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I'll take the win every time, but I am also disgusted at the handful of idiots throwing crap on the ice in the middle of play. I know the officiating sucked, and I wanted to jump on the ice myself, but this isn't Philly or Toronto or New York - behave with some class and restraint during the game, and don't act like you should be wearing a an orange & black sweater.

I was at the game and I can tell you that once the refs started calling penalty after penalty, the place just went insane. That was easily the loudest regular season game that I can remember. It sounded like a Guatamalan insane asylum in there.

The best games are always the ones where a riot almost breaks out over the officiating. I swear people were coming up with entirely new noises to make near the end.

Simply as a spur for discussion and not to spoil the mood, I thought Kalinin didn't have that good of a game defensively. He made a great breakout pass on Briere's goal, but seem to get beat a lot and outmuscled in his own end.

The kid is young and still learning. Zhitnik was his mentor and he was lost for a bit when he left. When

he is on his game he is an AllStar. ;)

Peters: Showed that he doesn't deserve to be on this team. Gooning it up cost us that first goal, then he was just pretty much farting around the ice the rest of the night.

I disagree. Not about the gooning, but about the rest of the game. I thought that He/22/Goose played tough, really muscled it into the zone tonight. Brought the body, but for the sake of getting some offense going in their zone. Kind of surprising. Yeah, it was ugly at times, but they generated chances, which is all you can as of your 4th line.

That was easily the loudest regular season game that I can remember. It sounded like a Guatamalan insane asylum in there.

NOTHING is louder than those crazy Guatamalans.

I was at the game and I can tell you that once the refs started calling penalty after penalty, the place just went insane. That was easily the loudest regular season game that I can remember. It sounded like a Guatamalan insane asylum in there.

The best games are always the ones where a riot almost breaks out over the officiating. I swear people were coming up with entirely new noises to make near the end.

Man it sounded loud tonight! You'd have thought it was late May...

Well, that didn't take very long. They've already gone back to giving me multiple heart attacks in the 3rd period. I'm still riding that emotional high right now, so I can't even think of what to say about that game. I guess it's time to go watch V for Vendetta in honor of Vanek's solid game.

Oh, and I don't think I've ever seen a team score 4 identical goals like Montreal did. Was there even one that didn't deflect of a Sabre directly to the open man?

Man it sounded loud tonight! You'd have thought it was late May...

It was loud after the game too. People were celebrating and chanting and yelling all over the arena on their way out. It took about 10 minutes to get out from where we were sitting (section 323) and it was getting louder the whole time. People were high-fiving everywhere and honking their horns (to "Let's Go Buffalo") outside in traffic. It was insane. I've never seen a regular season game with an aftermath like that. Not even close.

And we're 2-0. When we win the Cup they're going to have to call in the National Guard to restore order.....

Well, that didn't take very long. They've already gone back to giving me multiple heart attacks in the 3rd period. I'm still riding that emotional high right now, so I can't even think of what to say about that game. I guess it's time to go watch V for Vendetta in honor of Vanek's solid game.

Oh, and I don't think I've ever seen a team score 4 identical goals like Montreal did. Was there even one that didn't deflect of a Sabre directly to the open man?

Yep, for a while there it definitely looked like the Canadiens were more opportunistic. Combine that with the Sabres ineptitude on the power play and the third period calls against, things were looking pretty bleak. Bleak for any team BUT the Buffalo Sabres.

This team just never quits. It's a beautiful thing to watch.

Yeah, you know I would really like to be mad at Miller for giving up 4 goals, but there is not much he could have done on those. It definately could have been a lot worse.

Since no one else mentioned it, if Montreal makes the playoffs by a point, they can thank the officials for that quick whistle tonight!

Game thoughts...

- I'm not sure if one referee was responsible for all the calls(including the quick whistle on the Max goal that was waved off), but if so, he is terrible.

-Does anyone know why the Sabres like to crowd into a small area when on a 5 on 3? Wouldn't it be more beneficial to spread the players out and force the opposition to chase a little?

-It's only two games in, by I don't see Vanek dogging it as much and I also sense more of a willingness to work harder along the boards and in traffic.

-Great pass by I believe Kalinin to send in Briere all alone.

-Where the heck did a good chunk of the fans go? A 2 goal deficit with 5 minutes left in the game and you are running for the exits?

-Fantastic shots by both Max and Vanek in the shootout.

-Kevin Sylvester and Rob Roy are still terrible.

- Amerks win opener 6-0...Stafford and Paille 3 points each!!!!!!

GO SABRES!!!!

Game thoughts...

-Where the heck did a good chunk of the fans go? A 2 goal deficit with 5 minutes left in the game and you are running for the exits?

You know, I always considered this town to be sports diehards. But between the Bills game this past weekend (we're up by 5 with 3minutes left, and people are filing out) and last nights game, I really have to reconsider. I mean you IT AIN'T OVER UNTIL IT'S OVER. You pay all that money for ticks and you leave before the game is over? Bunch of freaking panzies.

You know, I always considered this town to be sports diehards. But between the Bills game this past weekend (we're up by 5 with 3minutes left, and people are filing out) and last nights game, I really have to reconsider. I mean you IT AIN'T OVER UNTIL IT'S OVER. You pay all that money for ticks and you leave before the game is over? Bunch of freaking panzies.

I don't agree with leaving early either... but I'll give a small percentage of ticket holders a pass, who knows their reasons, some may be good some bad, but a LARGE % of people didn't leave and actually got louder, those people that left probably weren't making noise anyway so let them go....

I'm sure some people left, but it didn't look like that many on TV, that place was nuts in the last few minutes of the 3rd, OT and the shootout... they showed the crowd and it was insane... and super loud at the end. I'm sure people left, there are fans in EVERY city that leave early, but don't get mad at the fans because a bunch leave, even if 10% leave, that still leaves 16,000 people showing the world what a great hockey town Buffalo is. Any one watching last nights game heard the fans chanting with no prompting what so ever through out the game... Don't try and say Buffalo isn't a city of diehards.... just isn't true

Don't try and say Buffalo isn't a city of diehards.... just isn't true

I was at the Bills game last week and more than 10% left early. A LOT left early. And I wasn't at the game last night, but a lot of empty seats were shown when Max scored. Even RJ mention that some people were doing U-turns after heading for the exits.

I didn't say we weren't, just reconsidering :D

Seriously though, I don't think it changes our status as a diehard town. We've put up with too much in this city not to be. But it does irk me when people leave. Call it a pet peeve if you will.

I was at the game last night and was surprised to hear Riter going on and on about people leaving early. Yes, the 200 level was about half filled during the 2nd half of the 3rd (that happens EVERY game), but the 100's and 300's were at least 90% filled to the end (I'd estimate it at 95%, but it might have only been 90%).

There were empty spots in the 100's and 300's, but they were few and far between.

I was at the game last night and was surprised to hear Riter going on and on about people leaving early. Yes, the 200 level was about half filled during the 2nd half of the 3rd (that happens EVERY game), but the 100's and 300's were at least 90% filled to the end (I'd estimate it at 95%, but it might have only been 90%).

There were empty spots in the 100's and 300's, but they were few and far between.

Surprised? Ritter likes to find stupid crap to try and talk about.

(Lets Go Buffalo vs Lets Go Sabres.... People Leaving Early when they weren't.... Ritter, talk about the damn game!)