Sabre Website Revamped

Columbus_Sabre_Fan

I thought the whole reason that the unvieling was put off until Sept was because they needed to stock the product. Now I see there is no place to buy any product online. Good job Quinn... nice job managing this. He should be fired for this, the Sabres are losing a lot of money by not being able to sell any new gear on NHL.com the day of the unveiling. THere is no excuse for this, they've had all summer to prepare.

I thought the whole reason that the unvieling was put off until Sept was because they needed to stock the product. Now I see there is no place to buy any product online. Good job Quinn... nice job managing this. He should be fired for this, the Sabres are losing a lot of money by not being able to sell any new gear on NHL.com the day of the unveiling. THere is no excuse for this, they've had all summer to prepare.

I hope their stocking up on the third jersey.

my NHL.com catalog came in the mail today and there is little buffalo sabres merch in it... it has grayed out outlines and says Buffalo Sabres coming soon, everywhere. The only things it has a picture of for the Sabres are the one shirt and sweatshirt that just say Buffalo Sabres in regular boring blue font, no logos and all teams look the same. why not wait a day or two to send it out and actually have the NEW stuff in it? I think this is the NHL just as much as it is the Sabres. the NHL run the online "sabres store".

did anyone bother to watch the video on sabres.com about the uniform unvieling?

I watched it... it lets you get a better look at the uniforms ... since the site totally sucks and doesn't have actual good photos like every other major sports team has ever had :rolleyes:

they have footage of fans in attendance today buying the jerseys and saying how much they LOVE them...

it's worth watching since like I said, you can't find photos of them anywhere... the AP apparently ignored this event, as did all other sports outlets...

I just can't believe the difference between the Ducks new jersey debut and ours.... lame

did anyone bother to watch the video on sabres.com about the uniform unvieling?

I watched it... it lets you get a better look at the uniforms ... since the site totally sucks and doesn't have actual good photos like every other major sports team has ever had :rolleyes:

they have footage of fans in attendance today buying the jerseys and saying how much they LOVE them...

it's worth watching since like I said, you can't find photos of them anywhere... the AP apparently ignored this event, as did all other sports outlets...

I just can't believe the difference between the Ducks new jersey debut and ours.... lame

There are photos on the site from the unveiling.

I also noticed the lack of availability of not only the third jersey but anything with the original logo on it. So far I've only been able to dig up two hats with the original logo on it. Hope they start putting out more but I think they are trying to make us eat the slug.

I also noticed the lack of availability of not only the third jersey but anything with the original logo on it. So far I've only been able to dig up two hats with the original logo on it. Hope they start putting out more but I think they are trying to make us eat the slug.

lids has rebok hats with the original logo on them. they are pretty nice.

Oh my God. I went to the Sabres Store website just to see how little vintage stuff they had and noticed 2 things. In the "collectibles" section they have a 5" x 15" showing Sabres sweaters from the past and that one does NOT have the hideous slugs on it. I may have to get me that one. ;)

The other thing I found on the jerseys site was something that's even more hideous than the snot smear. They have a pink sweater with a pink crest. It looks like a slightly different smear, but a smear nonetheless.

Link

I'm not sure if that is funny or just sad.

To the slug haters, you would be proud of me. I just went in the Sabres store on my lunch hour and I refused to touch anything with the slug logo on it. I even gave a dirty look to someone who had slug merchandise in their hands(they had their back to me). B-)

As was mentioned before, the t-shirts with "old time hockey" AND the slug logo together just don't work.

PS No slug jerseys were anywhere to be found. You unveil this piece of crap and then you don't even have any to sell. :huh: Once again more proof that this whole jersey redesign was a major league cluster F***.

PS I am going back to get a Buffalo Bisons tshirt with the bottle cap logo on it. VERY COOL!

Archived