Sabre Website Revamped

Columbus_Sabre_Fan

just looking at nhl.com shop, and wondering why can I buy an OLD TIME HOCKEY t-shirt with the non-existant Quebec Nordiques name and logo, but I can't buy one with the Buffalo Sabres original logo? not one piece of merch with the original logo and the team WILL BE WEARING that logo for games this year... why are we the only ones that find this odd and out of place????

someone needs to ask the NHL or LQ this question and get a direct answer on record.

Oh my God. I went to the Sabres Store website just to see how little vintage stuff they had and noticed 2 things. In the "collectibles" section they have a 5" x 15" showing Sabres sweaters from the past and that one does NOT have the hideous slugs on it. I may have to get me that one. ;)

The other thing I found on the jerseys site was something that's even more hideous than the snot smear. They have a pink sweater with a pink crest. It looks like a slightly different smear, but a smear nonetheless.

Link

I'm not sure if that is funny or just sad.

I think the "pink=girls will like it" thing is so tired.

People in general would be much more likely to buy something that looks cool with a retro styling like this old canucks logo shirt (which, ftr I would buy if it was in my size as a supporter of canadian hockey -- second to my sabres fandom of course). Why can't they put out something that looks just like that with the old logo? It's sharp!

Same thing with the old time hockey sweatshirts. Old time hockey means tradition, not "rip offs of old time football logos."

Since I live in Virginia, I would be curious to know from those that have been to the Sabres store at HSBC, how much merchandise has the old logo on it? That's the only stuff I'll buy. If anyone else can list a store in the Buffalo area that has the orginal logo items, let me know and I'll give them a call. It's worth paying the shipping for. Thanks.

Since I live in Virginia, I would be curious to know from those that have been to the Sabres store at HSBC, how much merchandise has the old logo on it? That's the only stuff I'll buy. If anyone else can list a store in the Buffalo area that has the orginal logo items, let me know and I'll give them a call. It's worth paying the shipping for. Thanks.

ditto.

Not sure what they have in stock right now, but last time I was home (pre-slug rollout) Laux Sporting Goods had a handful of items with the original logo on them, including some t-shirts, hats and I think some novelty items (mugs, etc.) Dick's Sporting Goods has some stuff as well, mostly new slug merchandise and black & red stuff, but I think there was some original logo stuff mixed in. Sadly, you might have to go eBay for the time being.

So basicaly they are not selling the 3rd jersey yet in hopes that people will blow their money on the "new design". That way it will hopefully skew the numbers as far as total sales of each type of jersey, making the new design appear more popular than it is. Kinda of a amateur sales tactic if you ask me.

Put the Old Logo here and I would have bought it...

LINK

The sad thing is, this jersey looks better than the blue and gold version.

I don't know if this has been mentioned earlier, but Old Time Hockey is a clothing line of Old Time Sports.

Secondly, I can't believe (even though by daily reports it seems this is the case) that Sabres management is this inept. Is it a case of them just not having inventory? If this is the case, WHY WAS THE UNVEILING ON SATURDAY? I'm guessing its because they didn't want the Sabres to wear red and black, or they couldn't wear it per League rules. From what I've heard, there were only 100-300 Slug jerseys on hand for the unveiling and there are none there this week. I think this is unbelievable. By no means am i advocating a Slug purchase but, as many have said already, the "striking while the iron is hot" theory is rapidly going out the window. I'm going to stop by the Sabres store on Saturday morning to see whats doing. If I remember, i'll let everyone know. If i see a 3rd Jersey there, it might have to be purchased.

Go Sabres.

I don't know if this has been mentioned earlier, but Old Time Hockey is a clothing line of Old Time Sports.

Secondly, I can't believe (even though by daily reports it seems this is the case) that Sabres management is this inept. Is it a case of them just not having inventory? If this is the case, WHY WAS THE UNVEILING ON SATURDAY? I'm guessing its because they didn't want the Sabres to wear red and black, or they couldn't wear it per League rules. From what I've heard, there were only 100-300 Slug jerseys on hand for the unveiling and there are none there this week. I think this is unbelievable. By no means am i advocating a Slug purchase but, as many have said already, the "striking while the iron is hot" theory is rapidly going out the window. I'm going to stop by the Sabres store on Saturday morning to see whats doing. If I remember, i'll let everyone know. If i see a 3rd Jersey there, it might have to be purchased.

Go Sabres.

Weren't they originally going to unveil the new uniforms at the home game against Pittsburgh? Could moving it up a couple of weeks caused supply problems?

Not sure what they have in stock right now, but last time I was home (pre-slug rollout) Laux Sporting Goods had a handful of items with the original logo on them, including some t-shirts, hats and I think some novelty items (mugs, etc.) Dick's Sporting Goods has some stuff as well, mostly new slug merchandise and black & red stuff, but I think there was some original logo stuff mixed in. Sadly, you might have to go eBay for the time being.

Thanks for the link to Laux Sporting Goods. I think I remember ordering from them back in 96 when I was trying to find the new black and red logo stuff. I'll give them a call and see what I can find. Although Ebay works too, just bought a Sabres license plate off of it.

Thanks for the link to Laux Sporting Goods. I think I remember ordering from them back in 96 when I was trying to find the new black and red logo stuff. I'll give them a call and see what I can find. Although Ebay works too, just bought a Sabres license plate off of it.

No problem. I am heading back to Niagara Falls on Thursday for my brothers' wedding, so I am going to be stopping in to the Summit Park Mall Laux (and maybe the Boulevard Mall one as well) and I'll see what they have in store.

Weren't they originally going to unveil the new uniforms at the home game against Pittsburgh? Could moving it up a couple of weeks caused supply problems?

That was my impression (and one of the reasons I bought tickets to that game). BUT, if moving up the unveiling caused supply problems with jerseys for the Sabres store, why move the date up by two weeks?

-Ed :unsure:

That was my impression (and one of the reasons I bought tickets to that game). BUT, if moving up the unveiling caused supply problems with jerseys for the Sabres store, why move the date up by two weeks?

-Ed :unsure:

At a guess, I'd say they moved it up due to the problem facing them of what to wear for the other pre-season games. Most likely the NHL said, "NO" to wearing the goat head for the pre-season and they could not wear the vintage uniforms for the rest as they will not be the home team for most of the games.

They moved it up because they didn't think ahead. But, wait! This was just the most amazing and masterful marketting strategy ever all along. The leaks, impromptu press conferences, further leaks, nicknames for the "abominal snot smear (ass for short)", more leaks, slip ups and bouncing unveil dates. Mike Schopp said so, so it's got to be true.

At a guess, I'd say they moved it up due to the problem facing them of what to wear for the other pre-season games. Most likely the NHL said, "NO" to wearing the goat head for the pre-season and they could not wear the vintage uniforms for the rest as they will not be the home team for most of the games.

They moved it up because they didn't think ahead. But, wait! This was just the most amazing and masterful marketting strategy ever all along. The leaks, impromptu press conferences, further leaks, nicknames for the "abominal snot smear (ass for short)", more leaks, slip ups and bouncing unveil dates. Mike Schopp said so, so it's got to be true.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I may have come up with the original, but you have just perfected it. B-)

Amen brother, Amen.

No problem. I am heading back to Niagara Falls on Thursday for my brothers' wedding, so I am going to be stopping in to the Summit Park Mall Laux (and maybe the Boulevard Mall one as well) and I'll see what they have in store.

UPDATE: Just got back from the Boulevard Mall Laux, and they have a pretty full rack of slug merchandise there - mostly T-shirts and sweatshirts - but it was pretty full, like they hadn't sold anything since it came in. (Just my opinion.)

Anyway they DID have a full rack of B&G original logo T-shirts, sweatshirts and long-sleeve T's, all in one basic design. Original Logo in middle of shirt, "Buffalo Sabres" arched over top of logo and Established 1970" on the sides of the logo (trying to find one online to link to, but no luck yet.) They also had a few glasses, mugs and novelty things.

UPDATE: Just got back from the Boulevard Mall Laux, and they have a pretty full rack of slug merchandise there - mostly T-shirts and sweatshirts - but it was pretty full, like they hadn't sold anything since it came in. (Just my opinion.)

Anyway they DID have a full rack of B&G original logo T-shirts, sweatshirts and long-sleeve T's, all in one basic design. Original Logo in middle of shirt, "Buffalo Sabres" arched over top of logo and Established 1970" on the sides of the logo (trying to find one online to link to, but no luck yet.) They also had a few glasses, mugs and novelty things.

Thanks for the update, I'll be giving them a call to get some of those old logo items. If you find a pennant with the old logo, let me know as I collect those, but won't be getting the new slug one, that's for sure.

Archived