Heard the Sabres let Dumont go

Rabbit151

Dude on Hockeybuzz says a Van radio station just reported the Sabres walked away from JP. I know a lot of folks are concerned about chemistry being destroyed if certain guys leave...but, they all know the new world order of the NHL. Briere isn't naive enough to think his 5 mil a year wouldn't cause casualties.

The boys will just try to maintain and build on last years chemistry with whoever is there. Pominville on the Briere line..what's wrong with that?

Dude on Hockeybuzz says a Van radio station just reported the Sabres walked away from JP. I know a lot of folks are concerned about chemistry being destroyed if certain guys leave...but, they all know the new world order of the NHL. Briere isn't naive enough to think his 5 mil a year wouldn't cause casualties.

The boys will just try to maintain and build on last years chemistry with whoever is there. Pominville on the Briere line..what's wrong with that?

I find it somewhat hard to believe they just walked away and did not attempt to sign and trade to get something in return. Time will tell.

I'd heard a rumor around my office yesterday that he was going to Vancouver for a prospect, or even perhaps a third-round pick.

I agree -- they can't let JP walk; sign him and ship him out west, even if you don't get much. That's better than a straight salary dump.

I'd heard a rumor around my office yesterday that he was going to Vancouver for a prospect, or even perhaps a third-round pick.

I agree -- they can't let JP walk; sign him and ship him out west, even if you don't get much. That's better than a straight salary dump.

Easier said than done. What if the Sabres sign him and then have no takers because of the size of the arbitration award. Keep in mind that teams realize the Sabres may be forced to release him and if so, they can negotiate a contract with JP probably below 2.9.

If they wanted to get something for JP, they should have traded him around draft day.

I don't see how he goes to Vancouver. TSN is showing their salary with 13 players signed to be $35.9MM. If JP is added, it goes to $38.8MM. Assuming their Cap # is the same as their actual salary (an unlikely assumption), that would leave them $5.2MM to sign 9 players.

Vancouver is letting Anson Carter go because they can't afford to pay him ~$2.5MM, I just don't see them picking up Dumont for $2.9MM and sending back prospects.

I was walking down the street and this guy was in his house talking really loud. He said that Darcy told him that JP was being traded to the Quebec Nordiques for some future considerations. Take that for what's it worth.... :P

I was walking down the street and this guy was in his house talking really loud. He said that Darcy told him that JP was being traded to the Quebec Nordiques for some future considerations. Take that for what's it worth.... :P

hey, rico sauve, the broadcast of unfounded and inevitably false rumors is what this forum is all about.

at least, that's what it's all about for me.

and a good point by Corp on the risk the team would run by accepting the offer -- hadn't considered that.

errr, strike that: good point by Blue.

hey, rico sauve, the broadcast of unfounded and inevitably false rumors is what this forum is all about.

at least, that's what it's all about for me.

and a good point by Corp on the risk the team would run by accepting the offer -- hadn't considered that.

errr, strike that: good point by Blue.

hey now, i'll take false credit for good posts!

I searched HockeyBuzz pretty good and the only mention of this was some poster on the forum saying a Vancouver radio station was reporting it at 1:30 in the morning ... if it was last night WGR would have gotten wind of it by now. I take the stuff on that site from the "experts" with a grain of salt ... this is some drunk dude who possibly heard the radio wrong.

It's not in the write-up this morning in the Buffalo News about them picking up Briere's contract and where it puts Dumont in the salary cap scenario.

Bucky Gleason speculates in his column, that perhaps the Sabres would sign him just to trade him in a package with Biron, to someone like St. Louis for a young, NHL-ready player and a pick.

He certainly isn't the cancer that Satan was when they let him walk, so hopefully they will retain him enough to trade him for something, at least by March if they have to.

I searched HockeyBuzz pretty good and the only mention of this was some poster on the forum saying a Vancouver radio station was reporting it at 1:30 in the morning ... if it was last night WGR would have gotten wind of it by now. I take the stuff on that site from the "experts" with a grain of salt ... this is some drunk dude who possibly heard the radio wrong.

So its a source even lower than Eklund? I didn't know that was even possible.

Archived