OT: Best Wings in Buffalo?

Quickdraw

I must say this review is dead on, This place has amazing wings, they have a wide variety of flavors and each one is unique and some would make you think "what, wait...on a chicken wing?" I been there be4 with a group of friends, and its really a nice small restaurant/bar atmosphere w/ awesome food, the service...let's just say I know why it's a favorite of the Sabres....(there's a smokin' hot waitress) For anyone else around here who thinks they might wanna try it out, I'd be willing to bet that You will not be disappointed w/ your experience! Peace

I'm sure it is just me being a wing snob, but it bugs the hell out of me when these wing joints have 37 flavors ... usually because their regular "Buffalo" wings are not any good. I am not speaking of Elmos because I have not been there, just saying in general, I am wary of anyplace that goes beyond hot-medium-mild-BBQ ... additional "heat" levels are of course OK, but when we start talking garlic and parmesean and blah blah blah it is a red flag to me ...

I'm dying for some good wings. I haven't had really good wings from home in 9 years. That's along time for a craving! As for my vote, I'm a Duff's supporter as we used to get it all the time when I was growing up just around the corner. Mmmmmm...you people are killing me. I can't find a really good wing place out here.

I'm sure it is just me being a wing snob, but it bugs the hell out of me when these wing joints have 37 flavors ... usually because their regular "Buffalo" wings are not any good. I am not speaking of Elmos because I have not been there, just saying in general, I am wary of anyplace that goes beyond hot-medium-mild-BBQ ... additional "heat" levels are of course OK, but when we start talking garlic and parmesean and blah blah blah it is a red flag to me ...

The ultimate tip-off to crappy wings is when the place refers to them as "Buffalo Wings". Right then you know that you are going to be gnawing on a piece of rubber dipped in tabasco.

Weird, after reading this, I have an uncanny craving for wings! Tough to find good wings down here in DC. Jimmy's makes some good wings for any of you DCers out there.

What do you consider the best wings in Buffalo? Do you like soggy wings with lots of sauce? Crispy wings with no sauce? Or crispy wings with a fair amount of sauce.

Maybe I'm strange, but my college rommate and I used to like to get them crispy, but have the sauce on the side. It was a dip in the thick bleu cheese and then a dip in the thinner sauce. The wings stayed crispy, and you had just the right amount of sauce. As an added bonus - your hands stayed a lot cleaner.

Maybe I'm strange, but my college rommate and I used to like to get them crispy, but have the sauce on the side. It was a dip in the thick bleu cheese and then a dip in the thinner sauce. The wings stayed crispy, and you had just the right amount of sauce. As an added bonus - your hands stayed a lot cleaner.

Yup, it's just you ;)

One thing is for sure, we are all heart attacks waiting to happen ...

Not a big Duff's fan.

I really like the Anchor Bar, but its because of the atmosphere too.

Nothing like going to the Anchor Bar, getting some wings, then going to a Sabres game!

The Anchor Bar is a tourist trap, the service SUCKS, and both times I went there, the wings blew. I was embarrassed as a Buffalonian to bring my friends from Albany there because it was the birthplace of the wing. (honestly thats the only reason i go there) The waitress left no good impression on them.

Duffs, Gabriels Gate, and Jimmy Macs on Elmwood (which has closed in recent years) are/were my favorites for wing joints.

Don't feel like reading everyone else's, so if it's already been said, sorry... but

Nino's Pizza (O.P. and Hamburg) have the best wings.

As for the best in the Rochester area, you have to drive about 30 minutes south to Geneseo where you will find Mama Mia's Pizza.

Any Buffalonian worth their salt ought to be able to make their own from Franks, Butter, and Chicken though.

Any Buffalonian worth their salt ought to be able to make their own from Franks, Butter, and Chicken though.

Amen to that...the wife's homemade wings & chicken fingers were the only thing that kept me going while in Orlando...

The Anchor Bar is a tourist trap, the service SUCKS, and both times I went there, the wings blew. I was embarrassed as a Buffalonian to bring my friends from Albany there because it was the birthplace of the wing. (honestly thats the only reason i go there) The waitress left no good impression on them.

Duffs, Gabriels Gate, and Jimmy Macs on Elmwood (which has closed in recent years) are/were my favorites for wing joints.

Jimmy Macs is open again, I don't know about the wings though.

Just Pizza!

I haven't lived in Buffalo for a 9 years, but I still know a good wing.

If anyone is down in Hamburg, down th eroad from hamburg Town Beach on Route 5 is a pizza shop called Abramos. The owner is a childhood friend of mine and IMO they have a fine wing.

So if your ever crusin through try them out.

Jimmy Macs is open again, I don't know about the wings though.

Just Pizza!

I'm talkin Jimmy Macs circa 2003 before they closed the first time. They had the biggest wings I'd ever seen.

My future favorite place to get wings is Fushetti's. I hear they are going to be fabulous. They will be harvested from only free-range birds.

If the town of Amherst gets their #%^$#! together, Fushetti's will live! Sheridan and Sweet Home Roads sometime this fall!

As for the best in the Rochester area, you have to drive about 30 minutes south to Geneseo where you will find Mama Mia's Pizza.

I went to Geneseo for college and I never had a memorable experience with their wings, and their blue cheese was especially crappy. However, they made a mean chicken parm hoagie, and their pizza was/is pretty damn good when you're wasted.

Man, that's pretty much head-to-head with Duff's ...

Good luck, and I don't mean that in a sarcastic way ... let us know when you are open.

Fushetti's will be a pizza and deli. Specializing in pizzeria fare but a place where you can also get a soup and sandwich. I don't consider that competing with Duffs per se. Duffs is its own entity.

If the town of Amherst gets their #%^$#! together, Fushetti's will live! Sheridan and Sweet Home Roads sometime this fall!

Seriously? Are you opening up your own gig?

Let us know and we will shameless pimp it for you...

I went to Geneseo for college and I never had a memorable experience with their wings, and their blue cheese was especially crappy. However, they made a mean chicken parm hoagie, and their pizza was/is pretty damn good when you're wasted.

I worked at Mia's in college. Nothing beat watching the drunkards come in at 2am fiending for some pizza. Their wings were good because they were simple. Fried nice and crispy and then thrown in a tub of Frank's.

We used to make the ultimate chicken finger sub, drenched in hot sauce and bleu cheese. Oh man. soooo good!

Fushetti's will be a pizza and deli. Specializing in pizzeria fare but a place where you can also get a soup and sandwich. I don't consider that competing with Duffs per se. Duffs is its own entity.

I hear ya ... sounds good. Wish I still lived in the area ... other than family no doubt I miss the food the most.

I worked at Mia's in college. Nothing beat watching the drunkards come in at 2am fiending for some pizza. Their wings were good because they were simple. Fried nice and crispy and then thrown in a tub of Frank's.

We used to make the ultimate chicken finger sub, drenched in hot sauce and bleu cheese. Oh man. soooo good!

What year did you graduate? 2002 here. And agreed on any chicken finger product you guys made. I was probably one of the drunkards that came in 3 to 4 nights a week.

Seriously? Are you opening up your own gig?

Let us know and we will shameless pimp it for you...

Thanks SDS. My brother is going to be running the joint. I leant him the name ;) I will work there from time to time. I will let u know so you can be our pimp B-)

I am going to get some crap for posting this. But I actually went to a place last night that had some decent wings. The White Star Bar in Jersey City for everyone else in North Jersey. The wings were a little small, but they were good and the sauce was actually close to being right (as close as you can get outside of Buffalo). Not like eating them at home, but definately a good substitute when it's hard to get home!

Archived