McKee to St. Louis

LabattBlue

Forget that I'm going to a team....SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=2253

I guess his heart is in his wallet. Game six against the Canes will be the last playoff game of his career.

Remeber what Ewing said, "we make a lot but we spend a lot".

What a shame. He could have been an all time Sabre legend but he opted for finishing his career as a 'rent a player'.

Mckee to St Louis.

Nah, it's not about the money. It's all about winning the Cup, cuz St Louis is so close to winning it this coming season.

Sorry, didn't see the other post.

Confirmation of this or are we just posting from you know who...........?

I love McKee, but the way he plays, and the fact he is a bit older...I can see him spending a good deal of time on the injury list next year. I'm not trying to jinx the guy but I've felt that Buffalo should not overpay to keep him.

well, the proof will be in the pudding next year... Games played? assists? PIM? shots blocked? wins? points? playoff games? not saying it's so bad that we're losing him, but i thought it was more than the $$. i guess not. oh well, i'll still have that romantic place in my heart for team over personal and financial success. Hell, i'd do it for free, but that's just me.

Woohoo, way to go Darcy, you're certainly working hard to put a team together next year. Everyone is making moves and we do nothing as usual because we have a lazy front office..or maybe we had a deal worked out but the fax machine broke??? We offered McKee a 3 year deal and he wanted a 4. A good GM finds a way to make it happen, and Darcy doesnt. All of you who continuously support this joke need to wake up!

And there you go...everyone who jumped on me for saying McKee was not coming back. "Oh you're jumping the gun because he publicly stated he wants to come back." There you go, what someone says and what they actually do are 2 completely different things, just like I said.

This was not about the money...he took the best offer he could get since Darcy would not budge on the length of the contract.

It looks official: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=170243&hubname=

It's ALWAYS about the money. ALWAYS.

What a joke.

Yes it's always about the money. I don't think it's fair for anyone to criticize Jay one iota. It cuts both ways, you know. Teams are not shy about trading or waiving players when it's in the team's best interest. It's just business.

Four million a year certainly makes the argument moot we've been having about McKee lately. I think that's on the high end of what most people expected, and there's no way the Sabres were going to, or should have, paid that. How's that for waffling? Not really, because what I've been saying is that McKee would not be out of place getting Chris Drury money.

The question I have now the "pecking order" advocates is why Henrik Tallinder and his agent won't just point to McKee in St. Louis at 4 million and ask for... 4 million?

Woohoo, way to go Darcy, you're certainly working hard to put a team together next year. Everyone is making moves and we do nothing as usual because we have a lazy front office..or maybe we had a deal worked out but the fax machine broke??? We offered McKee a 3 year deal and he wanted a 4. A good GM finds a way to make it happen, and Darcy doesnt. All of you who continuously support this joke need to wake up!

nice analysis... not.

If Jay's quote was true than he was offered $2M/yr for 3 years. $6M is a long, long, long way from $16M.

And there you go...everyone who jumped on me for saying McKee was not coming back. "Oh you're jumping the gun because he publicly stated he wants to come back." There you go, what someone says and what they actually do are 2 completely different things, just like I said.

This was not about the money...he took the best offer he could get since Darcy would not budge on the length of the contract.

So. How much would you have paid for the Sabres fourth best defenseman?

Could someone pelase explain at which point he became Chris Pronger?

So. How much would you have paid for the Sabres fourth best defenseman?

Could someone pelase explain at which point he became Chris Pronger?

McKee is good. I will not discredit him there.

In 4 years is he gonna be worth 4 million dollars?

I don't think so.

Let him go. He goes to the worst team in the NHL. He's basically given up any hope of winning the Cup in the next 4 years. After that, who knows.

I get fed up with guys saying they want to stay but they need to be respected, bla bla bla. Jovo did it in Vancouver, yet at the end of the day he goes to PHOENIX?

Pho is no closer to the Cup than the Blues. These guys have already made millions. Now they'll make more and still not win.

I respect the guys who sign with a team for less than the market may indicate, all in the name of winning the prize. Obviously Jay felt that close was good enough, but now it's time to cash in.

I for one am not going to cry over his loss. $4 million?? Please. There is no way he's worth that much and he's not worth more than a Drury is. He was a good guy, but now he's gone.

The Sabres rolled the dice on him last year. He surprised you and me (be honest) with his play in the new NHL and now he's hit paydirt. But he's not the reason we didn't win the Cup. He was a part of it but so were the other key injured guys. I'll take my chances with the same team as this past year, less McKee, less the injuries, ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

Let him go. He goes to the worst team in the NHL. He's basically given up any hope of winning the Cup in the next 4 years. After that, who knows.

I get fed up with guys saying they want to stay but they need to be respected, bla bla bla. Jovo did it in Vancouver, yet at the end of the day he goes to PHOENIX?

Pho is no closer to the Cup than the Blues. These guys have already made millions. Now they'll make more and still not win.

I respect the guys who sign with a team for less than the market may indicate, all in the name of winning the prize. Obviously Jay felt that close was good enough, but now it's time to cash in.

I for one am not going to cry over his loss. $4 million?? Please. There is no way he's worth that much and he's not worth more than a Drury is. He was a good guy, but now he's gone.

The Sabres rolled the dice on him last year. He surprised you and me (be honest) with his play in the new NHL and now he's hit paydirt. But he's not the reason we didn't win the Cup. He was a part of it but so were the other key injured guys. I'll take my chances with the same team as this past year, less McKee, less the injuries, ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

No single player is great then the sum. It's how the Sabres won 60+. It's how they will survive against the big markets.

Archived