McKee to St. Louis

LabattBlue

He is referring to players that are all RFA's right now. Locking them up to long term deals takes priroity over Drury right now.

By the way, do you have a link to the CBA? Didn't think it was public yet.

On the NHLPA's website they have it.

http://nhlpa.com/ its a pdf file. The revenue sharing portion starts on about page 140.

I know Drury isn't a RFA but he will still be done with his deal at the end of this coming season.

Okay pin me down. I don't believe they will all get re-signed, but here is what I would offer each off the top of my head. It's not my money anyways. :)

I'm not sure if these are all of the 2007 UFA's

Briere 3 years 11.5 million

Tallinder 3 years 8 million

Lydman 3 years 7.5 million

Miller 4 years 10.5 million

Max 2 years 5 million

Connolly...no long term offer. need to see how he comes back from the concussion

Good thing you don't sign the checks.

$11.5 over three years to a guy with a career high of 65 points?

Then you only give Max $5 over two and he has a career high of 73 points?

Danny has 35 more career goals than Max and thats worth $6.5 more?

How would you explain that to Max's agent ?

Danny has 35 more career goals then Max and thats worth $6.5 more?

Damn you don't like Briere at all do you? He missed half the season with a fluke injury and if he had played the whole season, he was on track for 90+ points.

Danny has 35 more career goals than Max and thats worth $6.5 more?

that's funny -- I was thinking that there is no way we could get briere to sign for less than $5 million per year. I think he's thinking that a big year this year means $6+ million per year for at least 4 years.

labatt -- I'd be very happy to see all of the deals you mention signed up, with the possible exception of Miller -- I'd like to see another good year out of him before we commit for 4 years.

Damn you don't like Briere at all do you? He missed half the season with a fluke injury and if he had played the whole season, he was on track for 90+ points.

No teams pays on a would of, should of, could of basis.

If he wants to get paid like a 90-100 point player then he needs to finish a season with 90 - 100 points.

To throw that type of money at a player who has yet to prove he could do it is just plain stupid.

You know, if Kalinin was healthy he would have won the Norris Trophy so let's pay him like he did.

Tallinder was the Sabres best defensemen in the playoffs and would have won the Conn Smyth so lets pay him like he did.

If Pominville would have started the Season with the Sabres he could have had 30 goals. So lets pay him like a 30 goal scorer.

Lets stop paying players for what they actualy do and start paying them on what they should have done. ;)

No teams pays on a would of, should of, could of basis.

A team shouldn't try to lock up a player(to a larger contract) based on upside and future statistical improvement? If not, you have a GM that is not doing his job and will end up with a whole bunch of players who will eventually hit free agency because you can't afford them anymore.

Archived