These Refs Must Go

PTS

Listen I know we're not playing well. I get that and understand that but these refs are so incredibly horrible it's not even funny.

Briere gets hauled in the neutral zone and no call. Hecht gets a penalty two seconds later for colliding with Stillinger where he obviously takes a face first swan dive. Canes end up scoring on the PP.

Then Briere gets tackled around the head only to have Dumont called for a phantom hook.

This game is lost. I don't doubt the Sabres team, but no one is coming back down 3-1 in the third and playing against seven opponents on the ice.

I don't know who these refs are but they must go.

This game screams OLD NHL to me. So much neutral zone interference.

It is just the inconsistancy that is pissing me off, they are allowing a physical game and then every now and then they call a lame penalty. I dont think it is biased calling it is just horrible officiating all over the ice. I still dont think it is quite as bad as it was in games four and five against Ottawa.

I completely agree. Buffalo is losing but the refs are crap. Briere gets mugged beside the net after the playy does what the hell is that. What the F@#$ are the refs doing????? It seems like the refs have trouble keeping up with Buffalo's talent this is unacceptable.

Let's get over the officiating. It isn't terrific, but it isn't pro-Carolina, either.

No one is blaming the refs, just saying that these two absolutely SUCK. Horribly inconsistent, no feel for the game at all.

The refs did let a lot of hooks go for the Canes.

Having said that, we play like shite, lose by a goal that was awful and after they clear one of the goal line.

If that's the best the Canes have, we are in good shape. We won't play that poorly again.

I would have pulled Miller after 2 to rest him up. We were playing awful and he could have used the break. And then he ends up letting in a very bad goal. I hope he bounces back and it doesn't shake his confidence. Up until that goal, he was the only guy playing on the team tonight. Biron should have been given the 3rd to send the message to the others that they were letting Miller down!

The refs did let a lot of hooks go for the Canes.

Having said that, we play like shite, lose by a goal that was awful and after they clear one of the goal line.

If that's the best the Canes have, we are in good shape. We won't play that poorly again.

I would have pulled Miller after 2 to rest him up. We were playing awful and he could have used the break. And then he ends up letting in a very bad goal. I hope he bounces back and it doesn't shake his confidence. Up until that goal, he was the only guy playing on the team tonight. Biron should have been given the 3rd to send the message to the others that they were letting Miller down!

I think Miller should have earned everyone's confidence to bounce back. The last time he gave up a questionable goal that cost us a game, he bounced back with a shutout.

Oh, I am sure he will bounce back.

I really do think that he should have been given the rest of the night off because there was zero indication they were going to play better than they had.

What's done is done.

We played terrible. They got a very weak goal. Saved one of the line. We lost by a goal. We could have won this game and we played like crap.

That gives me confidence that we'll be much better at home and take it to them.

I think Miller should have earned everyone's confidence to bounce back. The last time he gave up a questionable goal that cost us a game, he bounced back with a shutout.

That was the jist of what I told my wife after the game. Yeah, that fluke goal MAY have cost Buffalo tonight's game, but giving up a bad goal usually just ticks Ryan off and he is stellar in the next game.

Listen I know we're not playing well. I get that and understand that but these refs are so incredibly horrible it's not even funny.

Briere gets hauled in the neutral zone and no call. Hecht gets a penalty two seconds later for colliding with Stillinger where he obviously takes a face first swan dive. Canes end up scoring on the PP.

Then Briere gets tackled around the head only to have Dumont called for a phantom hook.

I agree. We didn'y play great but we lost by one goal and the officials were terrible. I was screaming at tv when Brier got hauled down then we got a penalty. Oh well. No one said this would be easy

Notice how many times the Sabres have had the PP in the last 2 minutes of the period too... I remember reading after game 1 that the players were saying the ice was bad half way through the periods. That doesn't help at all.

THANK YOU! I was getting SO mad at the refs' inconsistancy. And I'm not blaming the refs on the outcome of the game at all, but there were many plays, specifically the ones that involved the Canes beating on Briere, that should have gotten the Canes penalties. I was definitely screaming at the tv, it was ridiculous.

No excuses for the way the Sabres played, which was absolutely awful, but the referees didn't help any. Admittedly, both teams did get screwed, but in my biased view, the Sabres more so.

Cases in point:

Roy <i>was</i> hauled down on his near-goal by Adams. It was simply unbelievable to me as Carolina skated away with the puck and no whistle was blown.

Secondly, most of the penalties on Carolina were aggressive ones, like charging, tripping, elbowing, etc. One could see from the game they were getting away with a lot of the clutch-and-grab stuff the league has been taking care of this whole season.

Like I said, no excuses. Let's rock HSBC on Wednesday.

Yeah, can't blame the officials in this one guys. They weren't the best, but they didn't cost anyone the game. They were non-exisistent for a while, and then started calling everything, and then went back to calling nothing.

The only thing that gets to me with the officiating all playoffs is the shots taken by the sabres after the plays, Briere was mauled after a play, Max was being attcked, and the refs do nothing until the Sabres retaliate for it.

My favorite quote of the night from Davidson, "The League hates scrums and is really cracking down on them". Hmmm...I don't remember the League being too upset with Chara, Neil, Forsberg, Hatcher and co punching everyone in the head at every whistle. Davidson must have excluded the phrase, "this round".

Archived