Canes Haven't Sold Out Any Games

wjag

I was somewhat surprised to read the Canes haven't sold out a single game yet. That includes Saturday's Game 1. What does that say about Carolina and their support for a team that is four wins shy of the cup? Buffalo sold out in 17 minutes,

The Carolina fans will tell you they didn't sell out yet because the season ticket holders don't get good deals like we do. They believe that if Buffalonians had to pay the prices the Canes fans are, we wouldn't sell out.

What the jackasses don't know or see is that Buffalo fans are buying 300 level tickets off of ebay, stubhub, etc for 250-300 a pop.

If the Sabres whipped out all season ticket holders and put the tickets on sale for all 18600 seats, the arena would sell out in 60 minutes.

The Carolina fans will tell you they didn't sell out yet because the season ticket holders don't get good deals like we do. They believe that if Buffalonians had to pay the prices the Canes fans are, we wouldn't sell out.

What the jackasses don't know or see is that Buffalo fans are buying 300 level tickets off of ebay, stubhub, etc for 250-300 a pop.

If the Sabres whipped out all season ticket holders and put the tickets on sale for all 18600 seats, the arena would sell out in 60 minutes.

Sooooo, season ticket holders AREN'T buying seats in Carolina? :blink:

Season ticket holders in Buffalo get exactly a $2 discount for additional seats purchased vs what someone walking up to the box office get. Also, people who started buying season tickets AFTER the 2nd round don't get any discount (other than the $2 possibly).

What Carolina fans could possibly be stupid enough to use STH pricing in Buffalo as an excuse for why tickets sold out in Buffalo and didn't in Carolina?

ALL of my additional seats were spoken for WELL before Wednesday. And that is after 2 of the guys I got tickets for in the 1st 2 rounds decided to get ST's for next season. (Unfortunately I'm too stupid to charge my friends going rates for the seats, or I would have been going to the playoffs for free.)

So tempting.... found a flight for $250.... BTW pairs of $70 tickets are sold out.... they are on the way....

I just bought 3 @ 90 today. Flight was 320 out of Albany. WOO HOO. Nothin's finer than winnin in Caroliner!

So tempting.... found a flight for $250.... BTW pairs of $70 tickets are sold out.... they are on the way....

Tempted also for game 5. Atlanta to Raleigh is about 6 - 20 hours...depending on construction.

Yes. Bubbas including my brother (a huge Sabres fan) are camped out here in Charlotte at the racetrack. It is called race week and Charlotte gets overrun with NASCAR fans until Memorial Day. Tonight is the Truck race, tomorrow is the NASCAR NEXTEL All-Star race and next weekend is the Cola-Cola 600. UGH! I can't wait to get up to Raleigh for the day.

Again on WGR... This one is pretty funny.. I like the reference to watching Hee Haw on the Jumbletron.. Carolina hockey.. please come to the game...

Call 1-800 Hockey is fun... Thats 1800 -H -O -C -K -E -Y -I -S -F -U -N.. Also love all the subtle NASCAR references in here... Stanley racing three-wide...

http://eod.liquidviewer.com/wgr-od/wgr/200..._commercial.wma

I live down here in Raleigh and have been flying my Sabre's flag on my car all week. I have seen THOUSANDS of cars during my work commute, two had Carolina flags. The only people that support the team are northern transplants. I think these rednecks can only comprehend a sport where the action goes around and around in the same direction for about 4 hours, until they get it. Then they do it again the following week!

Go Sabres!

I think these rednecks can only comprehend a sport where the action goes around and around in the same direction for about 4 hours, until they get it. Then they do it again the following week!

Go Sabres!

LMAO....

Unfortunately its the NASCAR fans "Bible Belt mentality" that felt electing Geaorge W Bush to 2 terms in office was and still is a good idea.

Let Carolina have its NASCAR, they obviously are not that into the Hurricaines... it's embarassing to the NHL and to fans of the NHL who live in cities that don't have a pro hockey team so places like Carolina, and Florida Panthers can "expand" the game.

It also has to be pissing off the diehard Carolina fans, who do love the game, to have to be dealing with large numbers of opposing fans. This should not happen, there should be bare minimum tickets left for opposing teams to grab.

Regular season games not selling out is understandable, but playoff games ????

The NHL needs to move Carolina IMO, or any team that cannot manage to sell out a conference championship game.

LMAO....

Unfortunately its the NASCAR fans "Bible Belt mentality" that felt electing Geaorge W Bush to 2 terms in office was and still is a good idea.

Let Carolina have its NASCAR, they obviously are not that into the Hurricaines... it's embarassing to the NHL and to fans of the NHL who live in cities that don't have a pro hockey team so places like Carolina, and Florida Panthers can "expand" the game.

It also has to be pissing off the diehard Carolina fans, who do love the game, to have to be dealing with large numbers of opposing fans. This should not happen, there should be bare minimum tickets left for opposing teams to grab.

Regular season games not selling out is understandable, but playoff games ????

The NHL needs to move Carolina IMO, or any team that cannot manage to sell out a conference championship game.

I for one have been impressed with the canes fans and organization. First off, the NC state stadium/rbc arena complex is world class... Their fans are VERY loud and into their team. There were signs of it yesterday, but because of the sabres fans, it was drowned out, but its just as loud there as it is in buffalo... There is a fanbase, but they're also spread out between NASCAR and ACC basketball... We have the Bills and Sabres, and we share the love equally... They have duke, ncstate, wake forest, UNC, their favorite NASCAR team, and then the canes.. I guess, i'd put the canes for carolina in the same class as the bandits or bisons for buffalo. We cheer for them and we're fans, but only if we have time.

I guess, i'd put the canes for carolina in the same class as the bandits or bisons for buffalo. We cheer for them and we're fans, but only if we have time.

and this reason alone should be a good enough reason to move the team. If Carolina views the Hurricaines as a Indoor LaCrosse team, or an Arena football, or Roller Blade Hockey franchise, or a AAA minor League Baseball team then they are not worthy as a whole to have an NHL franchise IMO.

and this reason alone should be a good enough reason to move the team. If Carolina views the Hurricaines as a Indoor LaCrosse team, or an Arena football, or Roller Blade Hockey franchise, or a AAA minor League Baseball team then they are not worthy as a whole to have an NHL franchise IMO.

but they do sell that place ouit... The problem is the owner jacking up the playoff prices for the season ticket holders. It priced out the fanbase and they'll pay next year. This year, that place was near full on most nights.

In a perfect world I'd agree with you. But if you move them for that reason, then you need to move the Lightning, the Panthers, the Thrashers, the Stars, the Coyotes, the Kings, the Ducks, the Sharks, the Predators and probably the Capitals as well. There aren't enough cities in the Northeast and Canada to support ten more franchises. After Hartford, Quebec and Winnipeg, what's left?

For that matter, you can probably count on your fingers the number of American NHL cities that don't consider their hockey team at the bottom of their major-sports totem pole. Buffalo, Detroit, Boston, Minneapolis, Philadelphia, New York. That's about it when you talk about cities that give their hockey teams coverage at least equal to that afforded their other sports franchises.

I have been to games in Tampa and Phoenix (as well as in Buffalo, Montreal, Boston and New York). There is no hockey atmosphere, not like we know it up here. Fans are loud, but for the most part they don't know the game. They cheer when the red light goes on, whereas up here we're on our feet five seconds before the goal because we see the play developing. I can't blame them. If hockey isn't in your blood it's not an easy game to grasp.

I don't know what the answer is. Hockey down there will NEVER be what it is up here, at least not until the next Ice Age. But I understand the need to sell the game to a wider audience and to satisfy the many northern expatriates down south.

but they do sell that place ouit... The problem is the owner jacking up the playoff prices for the season ticket holders. It priced out the fanbase and they'll pay next year. This year, that place was near full on most nights.

Come on!

Sounds like a lot (from their board) are toting very young kids to the games?... That they can't justify spending on a little tike that won't sit the whole game... True, it should be a family game... These are the finals and it shouldn't be a daycare center.

For basketball, they seem to have no problem...

And, they don't have the depressed ecomomy WNY has... Fans down there CAN afford it... Ain't it where the jobs are? All the jobs seem to move down there... Quite a research corridor exists, surely season tix holders can afford the increase??? How can Buffalo fans??? And they gotta make the trip and added expenses.

They just want dirt cheap tickets in an already booming economic (compared to the death you see in Buffalo) area...

The problem is they undercut the north for jobs and now they whine??? Go figure... My heart bleeds purple piss...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What gets me is that they have been deep into the playoffs now twice in three or four years. If that doesn't worm the team into the community's heart, nothing will IMHO. If you can't 100% back a winner, then there is no chance you will support it during the ho-hum to down right bad years. I have no doubt they have their very loyal fan base that love hockey and love Carolina Hockey. But it really needs to be a community and a civic love-affair if it is to have long term success.

In the mean time enjoy it as the chance of 2000+ showing up in Anaheim or Edmonton approaches near zero. Let's thank Carolina for their southern hospitality.

Archived