SLIGHTLY IRONIC...

mediumishot

i think this has been mentioned before but the opening song for the sabres is rock you like a hurricane! this might be a bad omen....i geuss no one in marketing thought we would be playin carolina to go to the cup...any suggestions? i thought a good one might be back in black, cause we were the black at home...feel free to list some ideas!

Go back to Sabre Dance ... if it is too boring for the youngsters, compromise and play that metal version of it ...

I love sabredance and i wish they would play it..i am not young (21) but im not old either and i really love that tune, it gives me goosebumps still..its the quintesential sabres song, i heard the BPO play it once and i wanted so bad to start a lets go buffalo chant, but i think the people at kleinhans wouldnt appreciate that too much

i think this has been mentioned before but the opening song for the sabres is rock you like a hurricane! this might be a bad omen....i geuss no one in marketing thought we would be playin carolina to go to the cup...any suggestions? i thought a good one might be back in black, cause we were the black at home...feel free to list some ideas!

I'm looking at it from the other side, the Sabres are going to "rock" the Hurricanes. The song has merely been pointing out that Buffalo would do to other teams what they've planned on doing to the Canes all along. (Or is that too much of a reach. :huh: )

The song has merely been pointing out that Buffalo would do to other teams what they've planned on doing to the Canes all along. (Or is that too much of a reach. :huh: )

maybe a lil...i like the song but its kind of wierd to have the name of the team that is standing in our way to the cup to be in our opening song...

maybe a lil...i like the song but its kind of wierd to have the name of the team that is standing in our way to the cup to be in our opening song...

yeah, a change is definitely needed. It may be a tad cheesy, but I think "Eye Of The Tiger" would be fitting...

I think that it is high time that the Sabre Dance makes a comeback, original version, metal version, who cares... just bring it back. It still sends chill down my spine and sends me back to my childhood in the Aud.

http://encarta.msn.com/media_461524875/Kha...abre_Dance.html

Does anyone know Rich Wall? He does the sound for the arena.

I think that it is high time that the Sabre Dance makes a comeback, original version, metal version, who cares... just bring it back. It still sends chill down my spine and sends me back to my childhood in the Aud.

I didn't realize they stopped playing that! Good grief... Absolutley they should bring that back...

There can't be very many other other team out there that has a piece of classical music that works perfectly for them as a theme song. Why would the team ever consider moving away from the sabre dance?

canes play same thing as well so with all the sabres fans yelling lets go buffalo sabres will feel right at home :D :D :D

The Sabre Dance is the most beautiful piece of music ever. It sounds like... hockey. It starts off with those pounding beats, and you can imagine the Sabres laying some bodies in the corner. It gets fast and furious, as they take possession and work the puck around on a string, leaving it for one another, cycling the puck. And a wrist shot from a bad angle, right through the goal crease! Oooh! The fans straighten up. Around the boards, and a point shot tipped wide! Ahhhh! More banging! In front! Right on! In behind the net, and right in front again, they fan on it! And, damn, a turnover, the other team clears -- do they need a change! -- and the music slows waaaaay down. You can almost see the fans sitting back, the seconds ticking off that big blue board as the defenseman drifts back for it, stops behind the net and takes his time as his teammates skate toward him, then peel off in different directions to signal the start of the rush. Slowly out of their own zone and the song explodes. A quick three on two! We're flying now. A drop pass.... ohhhhhhhh, off the side of the net! We hold it in! One timer! Off the post! Still not out! The crowd is into it now! The Aud is rockin! Here it comes! Through the screen! What a pad save, the sound booming around the old barn! And still not out! Cross ice pass... way wide! Off the back boards and out! Whoa! We don't score after all. The song ends, the notes trailing off. But not so fast. There are some final, sudden sounds. We catch the other team napping, and it's Gilbert Perreault on a breakaway! He shoots, he scores!!!!!!!!! Don't tell me Aram Khatchaturian wasn't a hockey fan!

Archived