2024 Conference Finals

9 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Very intense though.  You don't see two opposing players pass each other without contact.

I mean there were some hits, for sure. 

But the overall flow of the game was choppy at best, McDavid is trying to skate through a trap almost every time he touches the puck (sure that's a great plan) but still makes it a boring game. 

Just comparing to the Rags/Panthers, it's not even in the same stratosphere of enjoyable hockey (to me at least) 

But if you enjoyed it, my opinion doesn't matter much lol. 

• Haha (+1) 1

It seemed to me that Dallas was playing a tight defense and was also dangerous on the counterstrike.  Edmonton was desperate in their defense of those counterstrikes. 

I dunno, in baseball some people like homerun derbies and some like pitchers' duels.  Different strokes.

Yeah, I think when Dallas got going, they had wayyyy more high danger chances and the Oil kinda just mucked around with twirls and passes and almost everything was blocked. The first 10 minutes was an Edmonton flurry, I think they may have worn down a bit quick because of that 1st period. 

Oilers really going to the paint and even crashing into Ottinger on numerous occasions. Refs seemed fine with it which was odd given some of the calls in the eastern games. 

I think we see in this year's playoffs that the good coaches have learned how to play D in this new NHL. I hope the Sabres are watching. 

1 hour ago, sabrefanday1 said:

Yikes..Rangers looking good. Getting scoring from every line and Florida seems to be relying far too much on one line. Sure hate the thought of a Rangers/Oilers final...

I understand your fear 😆

Still early in both series. Let them play out. 

Rangers seemed incredibly lucky to me but I guess their fans would say that makes them a team of destiny. In any event goaltending matters and I sure wish we had LaFreniere instead of Krebs (as LaFreniere was rumoured to be part of a potential Eichel deal that didn't happen and everyone was saying he's a bust).

5 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

This has been creeping up on me for a while: Is Gretzky okay?

I mean, obviously, he’s doing well enough to participate in a cable network sports broadcast. But he looks and sounds haggard.

It’s that haircut.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

This has been creeping up on me for a while: Is Gretzky okay?

I mean, obviously, he’s doing well enough to participate in a cable network sports broadcast. But he looks and sounds haggard.

He reminds me of this:

Shining Jack Nicholson GIF

Edited by ...
Not looks, but reminds.
  • Like (+1) 1