2024 NHL Playoffs - ROUND TWO

7 hours ago, SwampD said:

These guys are super human. Pretty sure I’d be in the hospital for a week if I took that abuse. McDavid will play next game,… I hope.

Soucy's been an understated key signing Vancouver made. You can see how Seattle goofed on that one and he just quietly gets the job done (and now not so quietly :))

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

One game? What a joke 

Can see it only being worth 1 game.  Soucy was all set to give McJesus a pop in the chest just as Zadorov pops him in the back.  Without Zadorov's hit that Soucy can't anticipate, it's an absolutely nothing play.

Intent has to factor into it, right?  (OK, it's the NHL, so all that factors in is the outcome; but intent SHOULD be a factor.)

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Can see it only being worth 1 game.  Soucy was all set to give McJesus a pop in the chest just as Zadorov pops him in the back.  Without Zadorov's hit that Soucy can't anticipate, it's an absolutely nothing play.

Intent has to factor into it, right?  (OK, it's the NHL, so all that factors in is the outcome; but intent SHOULD be a factor.)

Totally disagree. Because two guys went after him its less of an offense? If NHL is in anyway serious about protecting players they need to punish the offenders 

I see what you mean, but players are suppose to be in control. 

2 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Totally disagree. Because two guys went after him its less of an offense? If NHL is in anyway serious about protecting players they need to punish the offenders 

I see what you mean, but players are suppose to be in control. 

And that's why he gets 1 game.  But Soucy is already in the process of giving McJesus a shot when Connor gets whiplashed into him.  Honestly, at least 9 times out of 10, the shot to the back when he's not anticipating it at all is going to be the more dangerous hit.  And, as stated earlier, without it, the shot from Soucy is harmless.  (Btw, the hit from behind is SUPPOSED to be a MAJOR and a Game.  Zadorov is the one that should've been catching supplemental discipline.  My 2 cents, ymmv.)

Might go back and watch the end of the game, because am curious about what exactly McDavid did to get Soucy to give him the love tap on the shin pads, the blindside shot from Zadorov, and the crosscheck from Soucy.  Guys on the team that just won the game don't normally randomly start attacking an opponent when the horn sounds.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Of course. Totally understandable on a Sabres site. Doesn't change the facts though. 

Factoid: Marchand is an instigating rat f**k who had it coming. I hope he's plenty healthy tomorrow tonight. I want this loser on the ice as they're eliminated.

Edited by stinky finger

5 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

No love for the Bruins, but it is confusing why it took two full days for this camera angle to be discovered.  Dirty.  

Toronto hates Boston. 

4 hours ago, inkman said:

And something I’ve been waiting to see for over a decade.  Finally the rat meets a cat.  ***** that big beaked ugly dirty Weasley POS.  

If it was a Bruin who did that to a Panther, either the video would have been buried, or the tv crew would be fallating themselves over how cagey the Bruins are.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

And that's why he gets 1 game.  But Soucy is already in the process of giving McJesus a shot when Connor gets whiplashed into him.  Honestly, at least 9 times out of 10, the shot to the back when he's not anticipating it at all is going to be the more dangerous hit.  And, as stated earlier, without it, the shot from Soucy is harmless.  (Btw, the hit from behind is SUPPOSED to be a MAJOR and a Game.  Zadorov is the one that should've been catching supplemental discipline.  My 2 cents, ymmv.)

Might go back and watch the end of the game, because am curious about what exactly McDavid did to get Soucy to give him the love tap on the shin pads, the blindside shot from Zadorov, and the crosscheck from Soucy.  Guys on the team that just won the game don't normally randomly start attacking an opponent when the horn sounds.

Connor instigated the whole thing with a two handed chop at Soucy's knees. But the NHL ignored that part.

Edited by Claude Balls
  • Thanks (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Claude Balls said:

Connor instigated the whole thing with a two handed chop at Soucy's ankles. But the NHL ignored that part.

Maybe that was why it was only one game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Toronto hates Boston. 

Also, maybe what Sam Bennett did to one if the dirtiest players in the league was also ignored. I loved it. I figured Sam would've gotten 20 games for knocking a Bruin silly. Boston tried to goon it up, and they haven't won since. Hopefully times are changing for that entiled city.  

5 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Watching the fans go up the escalators to the Dallas/Colorado game made me sad. I miss doing that at a Sabres game.

They just don't deserve my money.

Some day we will be back.