OT: NLL Playoffs Rock @ Bandits Sunday 5/5/24 5:30pm ESPNU, ESPN+, TSN, WGR 550 5:30pm

• PromoTheRobot changed the title to OT: NLL Playoffs Rock @ Bandits Sunday 5/5/24 5:30pm ESPNU, ESPN+, TSN, WGR 550 5:30pm
1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Albany has an 11-7 lead with 12 minutes to go. If they win the NLL finals start in Albany. Close enough for me to drive if the Bandits are there.

Albany has Dyson Williams coming next season. First overall pick, son of hall of famer Shawn Williams, 44 goals for Duke this season. 

• Like (+1) 1

For those who can’t watch … Bandits were down 8-4 in the 4th. Now leading 10-8. Crowd is insane!

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Did you see game 1 in Hamilton? Half Bandits fans.

Did not. Great to hear tho. Can’t wait to get Sabres crowds like this.

9 minutes ago, JustOneParade said:

For those who can’t watch … Bandits were down 8-4 in the 4th. Now leading 10-8. Crowd is insane!

Did not. Great to hear tho. Can’t wait to get Sabres crowds like this.

They are playing Albany. 4 hour drive. Only a 3½ drive for me. Firewolves only average 4,000 fans. Prime for a takeover.

7 minutes ago, K-9 said:

First Bandits game I’ve watched this season. It seems like each time I watch them, they are a 4th quarter juggernaut. 

The Rock hasn't beat the Bandits in the playoffs for a very long time. So you know that was in their heads in the 4th.. When Buffalo got to within a goal it was over. 

• Like (+1) 1

Walked out next to a couple of TO fans who said they follow the Rock to different cities.  First time for them in Buffalo and said nothing else comes close to the Bandits experience.  They commented on the traffic jam here saying all 12 of the TO fans' cars would have gotten out of the parking lot no problem,  haha.     

I watched most of the game. I'm not knowledgeable enough on the sport to intelligently comment about the play. What I can say as a sports fan is that this was an entertaining game to watch. What was impressive and stood out to me is that the house was packed and the fans were into the game from the start to the finish. It seemed as if 80% of the fans were wearing Bandit gear. Maybe someday soon our hockey team can elevate their play and earn their way into having a consistently packed arena with an engaged audience. We still have a way to go to get to that point.  

38 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I watched most of the game. I'm not knowledgeable enough on the sport to intelligently comment about the play. What I can say as a sports fan is that this was an entertaining game to watch. What was impressive and stood out to me is that the house was packed and the fans were into the game from the start to the finish. It seemed as if 80% of the fans were wearing Bandit gear. Maybe someday soon our hockey team can elevate their play and earn their way into having a consistently packed arena with an engaged audience. We still have a way to go to get to that point.  

Bandit games are the most fun live sporting events I have ever been to...

That includes Bills, Sabres, Bisons and an assortment of other NHL, MLB and NFL teams as well.

Honestly not even close IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Indabuff said:

Awesome game to be at.   What a comeback!!!

Yes it was.  Toronto gets bounced in absolute classic Toronto fashion, blowing a big lead late.