AHL GDT - Marlies @ Amerks - Wednesday, April 17, 2024 - 7:00 PM (EDT) AHL TV, 950/95.7 WROC

The Amerks have clinched a playoff berth but can end up anywhere between seeds 4 through 1 over the next 3 games. Seed 1 earns an extended break waiting for the 4-5 winner. Seed 2 gets home ice in the series against seed 3. The Marlies also have clinched and can be seed 5 through 1.

The other key game tonight is Syracuse @ Belleville. An Amerks win plus a Crunch loss puts Rochester in first and in control of seed 1. A Belleville win eliminates the Laval Rocket. All teams have 3 games remaining except for Laval with 2.

Screenshot_2024-04-17-08-20-30-37_d50b946eb3eee4a37d7caf00d87dcc7e.jpg

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Thanks (+1) 2

• PromoTheRobot changed the title to AHL GDT - Marlies @ Amerks - Wednesday, April 17, 2024 - 7:00 PM (EDT) AHL TV, 950/95.7 WROC

Big game.  Let’s go Amerks!! 

Thanks for doing the GDT the rest of the way.  I was pretty good with them the last couple seasons but it became more work than I was willing to muster.  

Edited by inkman
  • Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

It would have been cool to see Rosen/Kulich and anybody else get a game or two in Buffalo once we were officially eliminated from the post-season.

Amerks are on a tear and still fighting for 1st seed so that's probably why they didn't.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Noah Östlund will by Saturday

That's exciting.

51 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Amerks are on a tear and still fighting for 1st seed so that's probably why they didn't.

That's exciting.

22 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

I’m excited about Östlund, everything that I’m reading on him says solid two way player.

We’ve seen tons of kids attempt to make that transition at the end of a season or in the playoffs, it hasn’t gone well for most. Noah may be just fine but it’s anything but a certainty.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, inkman said:

We’ve seen tons of kids attempt to make that transition at the end of a season or in the playoffs, it hasn’t gone well for most. Noah may be just fine but it’s anything but a certainty.  

True but the fact he’s doing it against grown men is a plus.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, inkman said:

You know who came in and is having an impact? Wahlberg. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

I’m excited about Östlund, everything that I’m reading on him says solid two way player.

He needs to eat 3 or 4 garbage plates a day and move in with a nice Italian family. 

3 hours ago, inkman said:

55 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

True but the fact he’s doing it against grown men is a plus.

I agree with PuckYourself, he's played against men all year so here's hoping he's g2g.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You know who came in and is having an impact? Wahlberg. 

I think Wahlberg is rocketing up their prospect board. One year in Rochester and I think he will have a chance to crack the lineup with his size and skill combo. He already knows how to use his size to assert himself. He has a combination of size/skill that others in the pipeline don’t possess.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

Kulich from Rosen.

2 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I think Wahlberg is rocketing up their prospect board. One year in Rochester and I think he will have a chance to crack the lineup with his size and skill combo. He already knows how to use his size to assert himself. He has a combination of size/skill that others in the pipeline don’t possess.

Sabres future 3C.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

where can I watch this?

I watch on AHLTV when I'm not at the game.

I just realized Matt Murray is in net for Toronto??? Didn't he win a cup with the Penguins??

And Levi is playing out of his mind so far. 

If Östlund is healthy and can play the Amerks have a heck of in interesting team to watch for a playoff run.

Levi, Johnson, Novikov, Kulich, Rosen, Neuchev, Wahlberg, Östlund and you could add Kisakov, Metsa and Kozak as prospects to keep an eye on.

Edited by Flashsabre