GDT: 4/07/24 Buffalo Sabres @ Detroit Red Wings 1 PM, TV: TNT and Radio

bob_sauve28

2 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Wow, the name calling, complaining, vulgarity, becuase a HOCKEY team we follow is losing?  Fire people!  Swearing in comments (or wanting to) so ***** must be used, Players and the team 'sucks ass', guys are 'useless' or 'wastes of space'. Really?   I think all of us want this team to win, but does being so negative, so full of hate and vitriol at a hockey team and needing to express it that way make all of you feel better?

What’s next, are you going to tell us it’s our fault that they wet themselves and went down by 3 in the first of a must win game?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

Just now, mansquito said:

And that's exactly why we have the team we have! Perfectly summed up!

Could you imagine this team in the first round of the playoffs? They would need about 15 ambulances on the ready at the rink. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, eman said:

Oh my God YES!!! Is this even a question after 13 of the worst seasons in professional sports??????

It's really pretty easy to ignore the comments as well. No need to complain about unhappy fans. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Wow, the name calling, complaining, vulgarity, becuase a HOCKEY team we follow is losing?  Fire people!  Swearing in comments (or wanting to) so ***** must be used, Players and the team 'sucks ass', guys are 'useless' or 'wastes of space'. Really?   I think all of us want this team to win, but does being so negative, so full of hate and vitriol at a hockey team and needing to express it that way make all of you feel better?

Snl Nun GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha (+1) 2

Compared to the grit and effort I watched grown men play with in the Bruins Panthers game yesterday, our Sabres are not even close to competitive… Both Adams and Granato failed this season… 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

You're on a message board with several different personalities, you can either ignore the hate, join the hate or don't come on a message board (I'm not trying to tell you not to come on btw) there are no other options brother. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • dislike 2

3 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

My question to you is this: Most of us on here have been fans of this once proud hockey club since its inception or since the 70's (such as myself) We have seen wonderfully talented players and some truly magical moments here. A vibrant, thriving arena experience and electricity on game nights. Perhaps you haven't had that? We have had Sabres clubs that weren't all that talented but came to the arena and worked their ***** off every night (The first Nolan era) They were a pleasure to watch and spend money on. It would be nice after 13 excruciatingly long seasons to get that back don't you think? Do you as a Sabres fan , NOT DESERVE BETTER???!!!! Of course you do!!! Demand better!!!! Stop accepting mediocrity or all you'll get is mediocrity. YOU DESERVE BETTER!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, GoPuckYourself said:

You're on a message board with several different personalities, you can either ignore the hate, join the hate or don't come on a message board (I'm not trying to tell you not to come on btw) there are no other options brother. 

The other option you ignored is calling out the silliness, which is what he did. He's not the only one who feels this way.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Remember when Rex Ryan coached the Bills? He was known as a players coach. They all loved him because he was so soft on them. Pegula canned him, so I'm not sure why he puts up with this spineless coach. Other than the money. That extension was a major faux pas.

Those Bills teams were horribly undisciplined also. Apt comparison.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Believer said:

Compared to the grit and effort I watched grown men play with in the Bruins Panthers game yesterday, our Sabres are not even close to competitive… Both Adams and Granato failed this season… 

A playoff team’s average age is at least 4 years older than Buffalo’s team.  Even Detroit’s team is 4 years older on average. 

That is the biggest reason this team cannot string wins.  We have 3 in row as our max.   

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Sabres73 said:

The other option you ignored is calling out the silliness, which is what he did. He's not the only one who feels this way.

What's incredibly silly is 13 seasons of the worst hockey management in professional sports. A complete and utter joke that seems to get compounded with each approaching season. The fan base has an absolute right to be very very upset and demand better. The Pegula ownership era has been completely forgettable and a disgrace. I for one wouldn't mind seeing him give up ownership of the hockey club to someone who actually cares about it. No more platitudes from this owner and lip service. 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

The ignore feature is your friend.  I think mine is near 30 people.  

Edited by inkman

Just now, eman said:

What's incredibly silly is 13 seasons of the worst hockey management in professional sports. A complete and utter joke that seems to get compounded with each approaching season. The fan base has an absolute right to be very very upset and demand better. The Pegula ownership era has been completely forgettable and a disgrace. I for one wouldn't mind seeing him give up ownership of the hockey club to someone who actually cares about it. No more platitudes from this owner and lip service. 

What's more silly is thinking that the previous 13 seasons have anything to do with this group of young players.

8 minutes ago, eman said:

My question to you is this: Most of us on here have been fans of this once proud hockey club since its inception or since the 70's (such as myself) We have seen wonderfully talented players and some truly magical moments here. A vibrant, thriving arena experience and electricity on game nights. Perhaps you haven't had that? We have had Sabres clubs that weren't all that talented but came to the arena and worked their ***** off every night (The first Nolan era) They were a pleasure to watch and spend money on. It would be nice after 13 excruciatingly long seasons to get that back don't you think? Do you as a Sabres fan , NOT DESERVE BETTER???!!!! Of course you do!!! Demand better!!!! Stop accepting mediocrity or all you'll get is mediocrity. YOU DESERVE BETTER!

You really told em on an anonymous message board lol

For the record. I still think we could win this game yet. It does not change my criticism of the team or the first period on bit.

What we just saw should be unacceptable to everyone involved.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Sabres73 said:

What's more silly is thinking that the previous 13 seasons have anything to do with this group of young players.

It has everything to do with the management group and IT'S OWNER- not to mention a management group that cannot recognize a decent hockey coach or tries to reinvent the wheel with these cutting edge coaching hires that continuously fail. (for 13 seasons now!!!- let that sink in: 13 SEASONS NOW)

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sabres73 said:

Yep. They sucked in the first period all on their own.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1