"The message was clear: This is what happens when you don't perform at home in front of your fans."

LGR4GM

I’m sure the Sabres would’ve been really angry, had we done something similar.

How dare anyone expect them to work? The audacity…!!

Look…. The other team just got lucky, a bounce here and there, but at least they came back and scored two goals, right?

These guys make me want to throw up.

• Like (+1) 1

I've pointed to this Nashville comparison a few times already. It's glaring in terms of contrast. There are other examples of high standards. Montgomery in Boston had his number one team in the division doing wind sprints the other day because they lost 2 games in a row and looked "not playoff ready". Torts benched his captain. Team woke up. Buffalo? It's a day spa.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

I know I easily went to the low hanging fruit here and also opined change the coach however LGR4GM makes his point with his posts here that it happens above that with the GM/coach combination.

I realize it also implies it's really the owner who sets the tone with his organization model and choices for GM. Thorny and PASabrefan have understood and pointed that out many times over the last few years. 

I loved and it brought a tear to me eye when TP bought the team and marched out Gilbert, his favorite player and promised Hockey heaven. Now it brings a tear to my eye with what he's done giving us Hockey Hell. 

Mr. Pegula, please sell the team if this is the best you can or are going to do because your heaven is now our Hell.   

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Cranky old man said:

Hey, you millionaires get out of the garbage.

I don't think I've ever seen anybody reference this specific Kids in the Hall sketch.

6 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Luke Adam was pistol whipped.

Good times on the message board!

The talent is here. It's not a perfect roster by a damn sight, but there are good young players here. We saw it last season. We've seen flashes of it this year. The problem is, the coaching staff doesn't want to hold anybody accountable for poor play and boneheaded mistakes. Get a staff in here that will whip these guys into shape, sprinkle in some veteran leadership that can actually still play hockey, and watch this team break 100 points and play into May.

Will they actually do that? Seems unlikely.

Edited by HumanSlinky39