GDT / Islanders @ Sabres, Thurs 3/14, 7pm MSG, ESPN+ & WGR Radio

I do believe KO was part of the problem. Not all but part. Also noticed the last couple of wins at home they have come to center ice. Not a long thing, just a skate around the circle and off the ice. So I'm assuming that it was KO's decision to stop. And it wasn't so much doing it or not as much as it was the reason for stopping it. So I'm glad he's gone personally. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

just watched a 5:00 clip of his debut on YouTube. linked below. an incredible debut - 2G, 1A, a scrum where he frickin' decked someone who took liberties with Derek Roy and then holding-sweater-fist-punched the other guy who came in to grab him (no actual fight, as the Sharks player declined to drop his gloves).

it will surprise no one - least of all @PASabreFan - that the true star of the clip is RJ.

Vintage RJ. Man, is he ever missed. Thanks for the clip.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Vintage RJ. Man, is he ever missed. Thanks for the clip.

Lord almighty - is it ever and is he ever. It was February 2008. I get the sense that he was still a bit delirious from the runs at the Stanley Cup in 2006 and 2007. He's in fine form there, for sure.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Lord almighty - is it ever and is he ever. It was February 2008. I get the sense that he was still a bit delirious from the runs at the Stanley Cup in 2006 and 2007. He's in fine form there, for sure.

I really f’n miss RJ. He was the GOAT.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Believer said:

Would seem to suggest deficit coaching and lack of veteran leadership.

I would say a lack of experience. Or, put another way, we are unquestionably a young and inexperienced team. Perhaps this is true both in the player and coaching ranks. That’s not to say the leaders we had/have are poor, but rather that we have a general lack of experience which means not enough leadership and not enough mental and physical toughness and maturity. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

Any signs of life from: Tage,Tuch,Skinner,Cozens or Power in a game of this magnitude will go a long way in the "for real" questions.

They are playing fast. I am very much coming around to the idea that KO was may have been a wet blanket.